Honolulu Hotels

• Ewingjr98 profile photo Ewingjr98
  • Reviews: 5700

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hilton Hawaiian Village

This is a great hotel on Waikiki Beach in Honolulu. It has some 90 stores, 20 restaurants and lounges, a few swimming pools, even penguins and turtles... The hotel has guided tours, beach activities,

It has six main towers with rooms, and most of the rooms have an ocean view in one direction or another. Rooms in the towers away from the water start at a reasonable $200 but go on up to $1500 a night or more for suites on the water. In total there are some 3,400 rooms, making this a massive hotel, but the design and the natural beauty certainly make it feel smaller.

It is within a 10-20 minute walk of Honolulu's main tourist area along Waikiki Beach.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written May 8, 2004

HHV

• Bwana_Brown profile photo Bwana_Brown
  • Reviews: 3530

Hawaii Dynasty Hotel & Kalia Hotel: Not Suffering at All

Actually, I cannot remember too much about either of the hotels that we had booked for our trips. However, they both certainly met our needs and were well situated along the coast in Honolulu. One thing that did blow my mind on the first trip was when we were watching a TV program in our room to keep the kids happy (I always blame them!). We had been in PNG for 2 years by then, and there was no broadcast TV in the country. So, my first TV program in 2 years - and what comes on on? A re-run that I had seen in some distant past life. I had a really good laugh at what that says about Western civilization! However, we did have a great Easter weekend with the children in our hotel room!

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written June 15, 2003

The Easter Eggs have been Found

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

From the Aston Hotel: The Famous Rainbow..

My first morning in Hawaii, I woke and came out on the balcony, and right there before my eyes, the famous Rainbow... I stood watching too long, and almost missed getting a photo. It looked much better than this pic shows.

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Family Travel
  • Written May 4, 2003

Rainbow..

Polynesian Hostel Beach Club: Budget - Hostel

The Polynesian Hostel Beach Club is one of the premiere hostels on the island and caters to a wide assortment of world travellers.

It is located in the heart of Waikiki only minutes away from the world famous Waikiki Beach. It's close to banks, 24 hr shops, restaurants, movie theaters, nightlife, zoo, aquarium and Diamond Head Crater..

Open 24 hrs, no curfew
Single and double private rooms
Bathrooms in all rooms
Only 4-6 in our shared rooms
Large communal kitchen area
Outdoor eating & BBQ area
Cable TV lounge..

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written March 20, 2003
Tip Photo

Honolulu - from the air...

• Reviews: 1101

HI-AYH Hawaii..: Budget Travel..

I did not stay at the HI-AYH HAWAII: but this information may come in handy for someone looking for budget accommodation..

Kitchen, patio, TV room, laundry facilities, linen rental, on-site parking (fee), small lockers (bring lock), tours and activities.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written March 20, 2003

Waikiki Beach..

• seagoingJLW profile photo seagoingJLW
  • Reviews: 2442

Moana Hotel in 1953

Here I am sitting on the beach at Waikiki in front of the Moana Hotel in 1953. I understand the hotel is still there. You can see a part of the famous Moana Banyan tree in the photo.

• Written November 2, 2002

Waikiki

• enigma58 profile photo enigma58
  • Reviews: 134

place to stay is were the...

place to stay is were the accion is in waikiki....lot of diferent price from expensive to a yought hostal a block from the beach

• Written September 12, 2002

• Dream_Girl profile photo Dream_Girl
  • Reviews: 2

We stayed at the Outrigger...

We stayed at the Outrigger East - just a couple of blocks from beautiful Waikiki Beach. Great service, the city view rooms are beautiful, everyone is more than helpful

3 restaurants, pool, hair salon, great city views, the price was very reasonable

• Written September 8, 2002

• Randall_Burt profile photo Randall_Burt
  • Reviews: 819

My Mom and Dad a a Porch from...

My Mom and Dad a a Porch from our room at the Outrigger Reef Hotel. My Mom loved to sit here and watch people go by.

• Written September 7, 2002

• Redlats profile photo Redlats
  • Reviews: 541

General hints on lodging in Honolulu

I do not want to make a specific lodging recommendation. We stayed in one of the many, many hotels in Waikiki. I will let people that have stayed at more than one give you hotel recommendations.

However, I do have a recommendation. We intended to save a little money by paying for a kitchenette. We paid something like 10% more for the hotel package in hopes of saving some $ on meals. The problem when we arrived at our hotel is that our expectation of a kitchenette and our hotel's were quite different. They defined a kitchenette as a room with a sink and a dinky microwave oven - no element or oven. Moral of the story - confirm exactly what you are getting if you wish a kitchenette.

We met a family from another hotel than ours who had a true kitchen in their room and access to a BBQ.

• Written September 7, 2002

Honolulu

• FreeCloud profile photo FreeCloud
  • Reviews: 1138

Sheraton Moana Surfrider...

Sheraton Moana Surfrider Hotel (click the link for photos in travelogue, details later)

The First Lady of Waikiki, the grand hotel debuted in 1906.
See their website for details. One can get a discount rate by 1) using online booking service; or 2) becoming a Starwood member.

Right in front of the ocean. The courtyard covered by ONE big banyan tree is a place to hang around days and nights.

See travelogue for details.

• Written September 2, 2002
Tip Photo

• miner profile photo miner
  • Reviews: 274

U.S.S. MATACO: HAZE GRAY HOTEL

It is gray,205 feey long,35 feet wide,rocks you to sleep and has a big gun on the front!!

The price is good,the facilities were clean but crowded,the view of the harbor was excellent

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written September 2, 2002

PEARL HARBOR

• Catane profile photo Catane
  • Reviews: 81

The Pink Palace (on the bottom...

The Pink Palace (on the bottom left of the picture).

Photography taken from a panoramic restaurant just next to it.
I don't know, it was my company which paid for me ;))

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average

• BellaMora profile photo BellaMora
  • Reviews: 129

The Hale Koa was remarkable. ...

The Hale Koa was remarkable. Beautiful view, right on the beach, gym, 2 restaurants and a cantina enroute to the beach, salon, bank, and a beautiful botanical garden enroute to the beach after the cantina.
The rates depend on the view you get. The better view of the ocean you have the more money you pay. I had a moderate view and it was $60 a night for a single room.

• air1188 profile photo air1188
  • Reviews: 12

One weird thing about hotels...

One weird thing about hotels in Hawaii (at least fro the one tha ti stayed in) is that all of their bell staff are senior citizen. Therefore, don't get awkward when an old fello try to help u with ur bags.
By the way i recommend the Outriggered Reef Hotel on Waikiki Beach. It has fabulous breakfast buffet.

Great breakfast buffet on the terrance overlooking the beach.

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful