Marc Resorts Hawaii Polo Inn And Tower

1696 Ala Moana Boulevard, (formerly Hawaii Polo Inn), Honolulu, Hawaii, 96815, United States
The Equus Hotel
Booking.com Expedia.com Ascend Collection

Costs 52% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Marc Resorts Hawaii Polo Inn And Tower

Linelle

by TripAdvisor Member billseventsvc

Our stay at the Aqua Equus hotel was enhanced by the help we received from all of the people at the front desk, especially Linelle who was great. I will be going back in May to set up a photobooth for a wedding reception and have already booked my next stay with Linelle and company, The king sized bed in the newly remodeled room was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in!

Bill & Nancy Wick
Bonney Lake Wa.

Just ok

by TripAdvisor Member Balttravel

We stayed at the Hotel Equus during the week of April 9th. The room on the 10th floor was not remodeled. The room was dated and old. Be careful when booking a stay to ensure that you get a remodeled unit. There is also some noise due to the location of the property on Ala Moana.

The service is nice as are the continental breakfast and newspaper..

Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member mirandium

I stayed here for one night with my husband in a remodeled room. Immediately upon arrivial we were given two bottles of water. There was a light continental breakfast with juice, fruit & rolls. We also stayed two nights at the Aqua Palms hotel. This was far superior then the Aqua Palms. The furnishings were nicer at the Equus and the bed was very comfortable. The bed at the Aqua Palms was very hard and the room was musty. The room had a boutique feel. There was a new fridge to store bottled water and snacks. I would stay here again.

The Tower

by TripAdvisor Member Lakotame

This was our second stay at The Equus (Hawaii Polo Inn and Tower). We stayed in the "little" hotel, meaning The Equus the first time and enjoyed our stay. The renovations are AMAZING! This time we stayed 10 days and opted to lodge in the Tower (Aqua Marina Tower) The tower has two elevators so there was never a long wait. Riding up the outside of the tower afforded great views of the mountain side of the hotel. Each floor seems to have four rooms and there was never any noise from any of the other rooms or from the hall. Our room was on one of the upper rooms (I would recommend requesting as high up as you can get as the views are fantastic). The room had a kitcenette and everything worked fine (except the can opener) We enjoyed making a pot of coffee and sitting at the table in the room looking out over the ocean. Our room had a new shower and I am hoping that they remodel the Tower rooms as in the Equus. The rooms are older but clean and bright (one full wall is wondows!) and we had no complaints. We left the laptop at home but we saw a connection in the room and a nice little "off to the side" area where you could have used it. I used the internet connection in the "little" hotels lobby. The cleaning staff arrived everyday to clean and whenever we passed oneanywhere at either hotel they would ask if we needed anything.
Each morning we went over to the other hotel building for the continental breakfast that was offered. Rolls, coffee, fresh fruit and a couple of different juices started our day and you could pick up your newspaper at the same time and be on your way. We also rented a car while there. The parking is entered through a remote that you are given when you register your car with the hotel. There are alot of reserved spots(perhaps designate a level to them) so sometimes we didn't get on the level we wanted but wherever we ended up it was close to the elevators. There are laundry facilities available and we saw many people using them. There could have been more machines (a few were out of order). The pool was nice and the whirlpool was a nice feature after walking around the island all day. The tennis court is well kept and fully lighted so you could play after sunset. There are vending machines right outside the door of the lobby which was nice when you arrived late or got the munchies in the middle of the night. There is an area also outside the lobby that has wicker funiture where it is nice to sit and relish the days events. Like is stated on most of the reviews. The Equusand Tower is in an ideal location......to shopping, bus stops, restaurants, fast food and the ever present ABC store right on the corner..we definitely will stay there when we return to the island.
I feel that the staff could be a little more welcoming at the tower but all in all they were fine. A few times I felt as if I were bothering them, and felt that just a simple acknowledgement woudl have been nice from them. I opted to go to the "little" when we needed information. We booked through the hotel website and would recommend using another source for reservations as I believe you could get a better deal.

Fantastic Renovations - ignore the negative reviews

by TripAdvisor Member karlito11

For the price, you cannot beat it. The renovated rooms are fantastic - tasteful, comfortable, and by no means generic. TVs are beauties and internet worked just fine. Staff was polite and willing. Beds are comfortable. Location in the middle of it all. Really, you can't go wrong.

Great Staff - Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member boybandlad

I stayed four nights in this 3 star property- I really had no expectations, I had the friendliest and easiest check in ever, The location suited me completly as it is only 5 minutes walk from Ala Moana Mall and 10 minutes from Waikiki beach - far enough away from both with being so close to everything!
The hotel offers a free basic continental breakfast and free wireless connection which came in really usefull and also offered every 4th night free so it was under $100AUD per night!
The rooms are modern with flat screen LCD televisions and the bed was very comfortable - The outside is nothing pretty - a concrete block that encases a true gem. If there had to be a down side it would be the lift - a little slow and jolty but nothing major!

Best sleep I ever had!!

by TripAdvisor Member lav425

Stayed here for one evening after a VERY LONG flight from Pennsylvania. Beautiful room...comfortable...newly remodeled...clean...friendly staff...wonderful! The king sized bed was awesome...best sleep I ever had!

The good and the bad...

by TripAdvisor Member travellinang

As the rest have said, this hotel has some very good qualities, as well as some inconveniences. The things we liked best were the pillows!!! The pillows and bed were better than ours at home! We also appreciated the fridge & freezer in our room - at most places, if there even is a fridge, it has a tiny little shelf as a freezer, but this one had a separate freezer! The plasma tv was great, as was the decor.
The whole place was like a 5-star hotel scrunched into this small area. Everywhere renovations were done looked very nice, but there was not a lot of room to spread out. We also did not expect to have to lug our 3 suitcases and carry-ons up the flight of steps to the lobby. The staff was nice, but could have been a little more interested/helpful.
The biggest problem we had with this hotel was a large family of tiny bugs had made their home in our room, mainly on the tile areas in the entryway and the bathroom. We mentioned this to the front desk on our way out, and he acted as though he was familiar with this problem, and said he'd send someone up. When we returned, all the bugs were gone, except for a few dead ones left in the sink. They were gone until we returned from our excursion the next day. We were exhausted and were leaving the next morning, so we didn't say anything else. Since we were in for the night, I didn't want to see or experience how they got rid of the bugs, and they seemed to stay in the tiled area, not by the bed.
We also liked the ABC Store on the corner, the McDonald's, Red Lobster and Outback Steakhouse across the street. I'm the type who likes to eat at different places when I travel, but it's nice to have some "common" places around too! The Ala Moana shopping center was awesome - we live in Milwaukee, WI, so this type of mall was totally new to us! We could have spent a whole day and thousands of dollars there, but did not have enough of either!
All in all, if you're looking for a super-comfortable place to sleep and plan on being out on the town a lot, this place is great! I just wish I would have asked for a different room without the bugs!

Budget prices, but luxuries of a 5 star hotel

by TripAdvisor Member hoodlumsaint

I stayed in March 20007 and this was my first stay in Honolulu. This hotel has beautiful rooms that have the most comfortable beds and linens. I am just going to list the many things you will find: iron, ironing board, mini frig, abundant selection of fruits, juices, rolls and muffins at breakfast , coffee makers, locked parking available, friendly staff, great location and low prices. I was able to stay for 95.00/nite. I can't remember parking price but it was not more than 15.00 per nite and you had remote control that allowed you to come and go as you pleased.

Excellent Hospitality and Aloha!!

by TripAdvisor Member radog

Nice clean, newly remodeled rooms combined with a terrific location and staff with aloha spirit make this a great choice!

Trolley stop signTrolley stop sign

Tower from the shipTower from the ship

Coming in to HONComing in to HON

Pacific OceanPacific Ocean

affordable hotel near Prometric Testing Center

by kuting

HI!
I will have my exam this June in Honolulu for Physical therapy. Are there any nice but affordable hotel near Prometric Testing Center? It is located at:
1132 Bishop St
Suite 750
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
United States Of America
(808)441-5095

Thank you very much.

Re: affordable hotel near Prometric Testing Center

by tracys2cents

I think most hotels are a couple of miles from there, you might check Aqua Hotels, the Equus and the Palms.

The Executive Centre is near Prometric Testing Center

by patrick808

If you don't need the tourist life on your off time and really want a convinient location try the Executive Center, 1088 Bishop Street. Here's a link:

Allow me to quote the website, "The ResortQuest at the Executive Centre Hotel, downtown Honolulu's only all-suite hotel located in the heart of Honolulu's bustling business and financial district, is ideal for the serious business traveler who wants convenience, spacious accommodations, and exceptional service. You're within walking distance of the State Capital, federal and city government offices and at the door-step to Hawaii's "Top 250" corporations. And when the work is done, Aloha Tower Marketplace, Chinatown, Iolani Palace, Hawaii Theatre and the State Art Museum are all just a short stroll away. Best of all, the area is an international food adventure offering everything from Hawaii's renowned Pacific fusion cuisine to Irish pubs, Asian noodle shops, and trendy local bars."

Comments