Marina Tower Waikiki

Marina Tower Waikiki
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

• never again

When I made reservations for this hotel thought he had found a bargain, I saw the pictures, location, and I DO NOT THINK, reserve.
    When I reach the hotel, and not just disappointment but because the room had nothing to do with the photos do not all know that hotels "makeup" so that everything looks prettier but that was only "makeup" directly was a scam. The worst was the dirt, the lack of detail in all places where mirases, the beds were lame. For me to stay? Quite simply because the budget just had to continue my vacaiones and could not wait until I returned the book in time to get out to another hotel.
    I guess this exploit these people because if not, do not understand how such a place can exist unless people who are occupying what used to such situations.
    At curto day, but I could not, could not sleep, the bed was uncomfortable, smells and sounds insufferable unbearable ... I went to a hotel really only for 20 $ more. Not worth the vacation embitter the difference, and I assure you that every time I had to return to the hotel me ponia nerves.
    From here and what it's worth it I advise everyone not to go as well DESTINIA.COM to ensure the kind of hotels that are in your page, sure this is an exception but more care should such things .

Unique Quality: they don't have qualities

• JAMAS RECOMENDARIA ESTE HOTEL

Cuando hice la reserva para este hotel pense que habia encontrado una ganga, vi las fotos, la ubicacion y dije NO LO PIENSO , reserve .
    Cuando llego al hotel , DECEPCION pero ya no solo porque la habitacion no tuviese nada que ver con las fotos NO todos sabemos que los hoteles "maquillan" para que todo luzca mas bonito pero eso era mas que "maquilla" directamente era un TIMO . Lo peor era la suciedad, la falta de detalle en todos los sitios donde mirases, las camas estaban cojas. Por que me quede? Pues sencillamente porque tenia el presupuesto justo para continuar con mis vacaiones y no podia esperar a que me devolviesen la reserva a tiempo para poder largarme a otro Hotel.
    Supongo que de esto se aprovechan estas personas porque si no ,no entiendo como puede subsistir un lugar asi al menos que lo ocupen gente que esten acostumbradas a ese tipo de situaciones.
    Al curto dia , ya no pude mas, no podia dormir , la cama era incomoda , los olores insoportables y los ruidos insufribles ... me fui a un hotel de verdad solo por 20$ mas. No merece la pena amargarte las vacaciones por esa diferencia y os aseguro que cada vez que tenia que regresar al hotel me ponia de los nervios.
    Desde aqui y si sirve de algo esto aconsejo a todo el mundo que NO VAYA y a DESTINIA.COM que se asegure bien de la clase de hoteles que tiene en su pagina, seguro que esto es una excepcion pero deberian de cuidar mas ese tipo de cosas.

Unique Quality: Buena ubicacion

• Terrible experience

I would never recommend this hotel to anybody. It was a good location but a terrible rom with cockroaches. The kitchen hardly had anything in it: no forks, no dish towels, no dish rags, no dish soap, no strainer, no large pots, no salad bowls. The room was not cleaned daily as it was supposed to be.
    The TV remote did not work. One light bulb was burned out and never replaced.

This place was terrible. Nobody should have to pay money to stay there.

Catherine Miller

Unique Quality: NONE

• don't stay here

my daughter and I STAYED at this hotel over thanksgiving and had the worst possible experience and we feel that this hotel should not even be open business. We complained
    to the company who booked our trip expedia and they were not too concerned. This hotel
    is not staffed properly, they are clearly not capable of handeling the neglected property or the saftey and sanitation of the guests who stay there. We were eaten alive by bed bugs in
    our third room at this hotel. We woke to our blood all over the sheets and felt the bugs during the night. This hotel is filthy and run down and all travel companies should remove it from their travel choice of accomidations. We were treated like second class citizens by the
    entire hotel staff including management. Don't stay at this hotel, pay more and don't risk our h orrific experience, I still feel the bugs and can't believe they really exists. This kind of stuff gives a beautiful location a bad reputation, shame on Hawaii.

Unique Quality: pool was closed for several days, no reason ever given, front desk staff rude and incompetant, rooms dirty, coffee mugs stained and gross shower drains stinky

great views from all 3 rooms though

Directions: 3 blocks from beach

More about Aqua Marina Hotel

Don't stay there!

I would definitely not stay at this hotel again. My daughter and I stayed here for three nights (we had booked six nights but decided to move when our neighbors said that someone was trying to break into their room the night before.) We were up on the higher floors, but there are only 4 condos per floor. You do need a card to get to the higher floors by elevator, but people can use the steps. When the neighbors called security, no one responded. During the day, there is one person at the front desk, and he was very nice. Unfortunately, he leaves at 8:00 p.m., and no one else comes. We did not feel safe.

Even before this incident, we did not like the hotel. The spread and the blanket had holes in them, the sheets did not fit well, and there were no matress pads. The beds were hard. The TV cabinet was very dusty. The kitchen looked dirty. There was a coffee stain on the counter when we came in. We decided not to use the kitchen as it seemed so dirty. The bathroom was very old and it was hard to sit on the toilet because the cabinet was in the way! It took some time to walk to a beach where you could swim.

On the plus side, the view was great. We had a view of the ocean, the harbor, Diamond Head, and Ala Moana Beach Park. Also, the man at the front desk was very nice. The maid was very nice, too, and cleaned up the place for us.

We kept thinking we could deal with the hotel for a week as we were not in the room that much, but decided to move when we felt scared. The move was the best decision. We got a room at Park Shore on the other end of Waikiki. This room and the location was so much better! We had a spectacular view of the ocean and Diamond Head there, too. It cost a little more, but it was well worth it.

Good value, nice room

by TripAdvisor Member SonJon

We recently returned from a trip to Oahu and Maui. We spent three days at the Waikiki Marina Resort. This resort is a time share property located at the Illikai Renissance resort. Same resort, different name, different price. The Prices for the Illikai were in the area of $215 a night. Our room at the Waikiki Marina resort was $139. Nice size room with a kitchenette. Great for us and our two young kids. The pools at the resort are nice, as well as the bars and entertainment. Look for the 8 pm fireworks on the beach on Friday night. The booklet in the room said maid service was $45 extra, but dont worry, that wasnt the case. The maids were not an extra service and did a great job. Lots of places to eat in the area and a short walk to the beach.. have fun. JKL

Great place for the Price

Stayed at this hotel while I was attending a convention. It is very well located to the convention center and a huge shopping mall is nearby. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly with tips on what to do in Waikiki. They suggested to just take a bus to chinatown which just cost $2 and was very fun to experience.

The decor was not the greatest, but the room was very clean and well maintained. The best part was the great view of the ocean which more than made up for its decor.

The price was perfect for my budget, which allowed me to spend money on other things.

One night Accommodation and Maui Flights

by Muminjapan

Hi,
I would like to know the cheapest flights to Maui from Honolulu are there any special deals?

I have to stay one night in Honolulu I did not want to rent a car so would like to be by a big shopping centre any advice for reasonable hotel/guest house type accommodations.

Thanks very much.

RE: One night Accommodation and Maui Flights

by CeciliaL

you can try these airlines. i had used them to fly from honolulu to maui and the big island. their prices are pretty reasonable.

www.alohaairlines.com
www.hawaiianair.com

RE: RE: One night Accommodation and Maui Flights

by YVRDave

Kahalui starts at about $49 with tax and Kapalua airport is about $65 on Island Air.
The Aqua Marina hotel starts at $80 and is walkable to the Ala Moana mall