Miramar at Waikiki

2345 Kuhio Avenue, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96815-2996, United States

Good For No Data
  • yellowbell's Profile Photo

Aloha Spirit at Miramar

For the first time in all my travels, I didn't have to sleep in a roll-away bed. In fact, there are 3 single beds. The room is spacious, clean and has a view of the city. As I've noticed in all hotels along Kuhio (a block away from Waikiki beach), all have porches that look out either to the mountains or to Waikiki beach.

Staff is friendly and concierge is helpful in reserving the shuttle to and from the airport. Aloha spirit lives on!

The spacious but airy lobby can accommodate hordes of tourists checking in and out.

The zoo is just 5 blocks away toward the mountains and right outside is Duke's Market Place and the International Market Place where you can find cheap souvenirs and a food court with weekend nightly music.

Unique Quality: Check out the swimming pool, kids and adults alike love it.

Starbucks, Chili's and Food Pantry are adjacent to the hotel. In the lobby, you can find Denny's restaurant, travel agency and other souvenir shops.

Across the hotel is a trolley stop for a free trip to Hillo Hattie, a souvenir shop.

• best location!!

I stayed at the Miramar in late 2006, for a 3 and a half star hotel i wasn't expecting that much, however when we got there we were very suprised at the good size of the rooms and how nice neat and clean the hotel was. The hotel has great facilities, a pool, in room safes, there were shops inside the hotel and also a denny's restaurant which although isn't the best restaurant in the world but i t was open 24hours so it was a hit with us. The location was also another big plus we walked out the side entrance of the hotle and were in the international market place. It was a about a 5 minute walk to the beach, and out the front entrance was one of the two main streets (Kuhio Ave) in waikiki, across the road there are restaurants a supermarket, shops, everything is near this hotel its just smack bang in the middle of everything!! Absoloutly fantastic!! definatley suggest it to anyone!

Unique Quality: * LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION
    * Pool and outdoor area
    * Friendly staff
    * Tour desk within the hotel
    * Great views and balconies in every room!

Directions: Its on Kuhio Ave right next to the internatioanl market place, opposite Ohana West Hotel and Chilis!

• percy961's Profile Photo

Centrally located

We stayed here in The Mirimar which is set in a great location just a few minutes walk from Waikiki beach.
    The Hotel is kept clean and all the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Unique Quality: The Local buses pass right outside the Hotel and its a great and cheap way to explore the island.

More about Miramar at Waikiki

Ono Chinese Food

by katmai about Fatty's Chinese Kitchen

Delicious (ono in Hawaiian) food at very afforable prices. Don't let the small, lunch counter style fool you. It is worth seeking out this little place on the west side of the Miramar hotel. Chop Suey-- just the right blend with seasoning. Yum!

Great Place

My friend and I were in Hawaii in the Spring, and stayed at the Miramar for 4 days. We were very, very pleased and would recommend this hotel to everyone. The hotel is spotless - I was very impressed that the hallways did not have that musty, damp smell that some hotels have. The rooms were clean and fresh, the staff was friendly and helpful, the free breakfast buffet was an amazing value, and the location can't be beat. The Miramar is the perfect way to add a few days in Waikiki to your vacation, without paying 'beachfront' prices.

Overbooks Rooms

We stayed at the Mirimar at Waikiki for 5 nights.
Upon arrival on June 27th, we were informed by the front desk that they did not have a room for us. ( We paid for this MONTHS in advance through our travel agency.) They offered to put us up in another hotel, but we were traveling with another couple who arrived earlier and did not want to be put in another hotel. This would have been inconvenient since we were traveling - vacationing with them. We did not accept their offer and demanded they get us a room. The rooms air conditioner was broken, but they did however fix it immediately.
Breakfast was excellent as well as the waitstaff.
Front desk should observed waitstaff on courtesy.

do your homework before leaving

by TripAdvisor Member Medium-Roller

Just got back yesterday from staying at the Miramar for 11 days. It was better than I thought it would be. I read the reviews prior to selecting Miramar and noted specific suggestions. I specifically asked for two renovated rooms for our party of five and asked for a higher floor to distance us from street noise. Upon arrival I noted they had granted my request. The rooms were clean, with new carpet, and recent furnishings. All five of us agreed that the greatest benefit on our vaction was the location of the hotel. Please note that the room safe in one room would not work but rather than complain we simply stored things in the other room's safe. Charge for this is $2.50 per day when used. The showers are very lame and sometimes go cooler for a few seconds or so; DO NOT ADJUST FOR THIS OR YOU"LL BURN WHEN THE TEMPERATURE RETURNS TO NORMAL. Room cleaning can be late some afternoons.The first morning there I was up early due to the time change and walked across the street to the 24 hour grocery store but it was closed.This was around 3:30; upon returning ;I was asked out by a hooker ,whom I flatly refused.Yes in the wee hours they are out there. I read a book in the lobby where they are not allowed to be and would say that by around 5:45 they pack it in. They are in front of other hotels too, but stay away from the main street as the police station is there. The hotel lacks any room service or quality restaurants,but the buffet breakfast they provide is well organized despite becoming tiresome after a while; basically the same fare each morning. Overall, we were satisfied with the Miramar, saw no cockroaches and feel that we would stay there again.

Good overall value

Our family of 4 spent the last week of July 2004 at the Miramar. I found it to be a good overall value, especially its location. It was convenient to walk to Robert Hawaii Tour bus pickups, and we even tried the Bus right in fromt of the hotel. The staff was courteous, especially the breakfast service staff. We requested an upper floor room and got in on the 16th. The room was OK, bathroom shower was always going hot and cold. One complaint we had was that the 5th floor pool closed early, I remember ~6pm, which made no sense. There was a towel service at the bell captain, this was very convenient. You can pick up a towel as you head to the beach and drop it off upon return. Towels however were in poor condition. The access to the International Market from the hotel rear was convenient. Although we were quite satisifed with the hotel, I would probably try another hotel in the same general area on my next trip to Oahu.

The hotel was definitely two thumbs up!!!

I went with my boyfriend and some friends and we were all pleasantly surprised. Our trip was from the 5th to the 12th of August, which was definitely not enough time. The hotel was very nice and the staff were excellent. Our room was really nice and comfortable and the bathroom was pretty large considering the reviews that I have read, and there was also a lanai which we found real nice just to be able to wake up and walk outside to beautiful weather made our trip real pleasant or even at night we would sit out there and talk and admire the view that we had. There was also a tour desk right down stairs and we were able to book all of our outings there. Our only complaints were the water kept on getting hot and cold which was pretty annoying. We complained twice to the front desk and they said they would send maintanence right up, but it didn't help. So the fourth night on our way out we went to front desk to find out if there was anything that they could do for us, and the man was very nice and offered us a double upgrade to a higher floor (we were already on the 12th floor), so we were assigned to the 18th floor. We were pretty excited b ut when we got up there the room was exactly the same and almost the same view of the city/ water. So we decided it would be more convenient to just stay where we were. The breakfast was surprisingly good, the only thing is after a few days it starts to get repetitive. The location was great, we were across the street from a Chilis restaurant and a 24 hour grocery store which was nice. And outside our back door was the International Market which was cool except for the fact that if anyone has travelled to Waikiki they would agree that the IMP is not the cleanest of all places. I saw cockroaches which I am extremely afraid of, I am a California girl and we don't really have those.Another convenience was the bus and shuttle pickups were out front our hotel or directly across the street. If you are planning a trip to Waikiki this hotel is great for the cost. I was very pleased along with our friends. I really loved the hotel but I think that next time we go we will try a hotel maybe across the street on Kalakua instead of Kuhio Ave. But our hotel was worth the money we paid and the staff is great which makes the trip all the more fun.. Aloha

hawaii 09

by thefolly4

"traveled here for our anniversary"

Got here 8th feb 09 stayed at the miramar hotel central Honolulu.
Picked up rental car to get around.
traveled up town to sears shopping mall, very relaxed

"diamond head"

Traveled up east coast , on the way stopped at diamond head & walked up, hot but enjoyable

"Day trip to the big island"

Early start about 5.00, get to the airport & check in, fly out on small plane to the big island with stop over at
Maui to pick up first, took guided tour up to volcano national park, great views & long day, great tour

"General site seeing"

There was loads to see & do, trips up to the north shore on a couple of occasions , only just over an hour to drive straight there & long slow drive back down the east coast along through all the small towns by the sea,
day trip to Pearl Harbour, shopping by the bucket full, swimming & surfing & eating .

"Actual day of anniversary"

Today is yet another year married to tess, so what do we do this time, took trip around island in a helicopter,
about 50 - 60 mins to circle the hole island with running commentary from the pilot, flew with blue hawaiian helicopters, worth every penny,

"last day in Hawaii"

After such a great time here we traveled up to the north of the island on the last day to see the more remote places & chill before heading onto San Fransico

Miramar Hotel thoughts

by scooternak

I am booked at the Miramar Hotel on Kuhio. What can you tell me about the hotel. Is it pretty clean, rooms updated, special things available to frequent visitors to Hawaii, or first time visitors at the Miramar?
thanks,