OHANA Waikiki West

Expedia.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Ohana Waikiki West Was the worst place to stay!

This was my first time to Hawaii. It was my daughter's dream vacation! Well it turned into a nightmare as we both became ill from the room that was quite filthy. The drapes were covered in dust, filth and mould. It looked liked they never cleaned under the bed.The vents looked like they were never cleaned and we smelled a strong odour coming from them. Even some of the dishes in the cupboard had a few bugs on them and still had food on them.We both became sick from the room from the beginning. The bed was very hard and we felt the springs when we layed down on it. It was extremely uncomfortable and we both had difficulty sleeping. The toilet didn't flush until we had to lift off the top of the toilet just to pull the lever to flush it.It was quite annoying. We both dreaded to come back to this room every night. We were told that we couldn't change rooms because all the rooms were booked up. I would never suggest staying at
    this hotel to anyone and wished we never did.

Unique Quality: Since the pool closed very early every night at 8:00pm we never did get to use it as we were out all day.

Directions: 1 block from Waikiki Beach

• Stay somewhere else

I live in Honolulu. I have stayed at other Waikiki hotels and this one is the worst. It is really not worth the savings. It is dark, dank, hard beds, small, small tv with 3 channels, noisy, staff not overly friendly but efficient, crowded with school groups, thin walls. The whole place needs to be remodeled. There are alot of good options for hotels in Waikiki, this isn't one of them. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• oisha's Profile Photo

A comfy place to lay your head

We arrived off an international flight at 1am and were greeted with a smiling welcome and a life-saving ATM in the foyer. The 7-11 across the road was still open. The room was comfortable, clean and contained all those extras you get with an apartment (kitchenette, balcony, etc). It was right across the road from food outlets and a range of small shops. From some rooms you can get a glimpse of the ocean, but not all. And the elevators were very slow - you need to allow 10 minutes just in case. Though for what we were paying, these drawbacks were minor.

Unique Quality: My toddler was thrilled with the free beachball gift she received from the nice lady at reception.

Directions: The airport shuttle drops you off at the door.

More about OHANA Waikiki West

All Mid-class Hotels are the Same

by travelteacher about Ohana Waikiki West

As the title says, all 3 star hotels in Hawaii are just about the same. They are all a little shady, and something is almost always guaranteed to go wrong. (This time, I was told my reservation had been cancelled--even though I was on a pre-paid holiday!) But almost all of them have a location that is within 2 blocks or less of the beach. BEWARE--this hotel is in the center of hooker central. Although the working girls are not too crazy, the street across from the hotel is crawling with some fairly creepy pimps late night/early morning. This hotel, much like all of the other Ohana hotels, had a raised pool (2nd floor), and all rooms had a lanai. As you can see in the picture, my "ocean view" room left something to be desired of the "ocean view."

Starbucks coffee locations in Waikiki

2169 Kalia Rd., Suite 102
T: (808) 922-8694
F: (808) 922-8695
Sun-Thurs 6:00am-11pm

Great Location and Service!

I stayed here in October 2003 on my honeymoon. Not knowing anything about Hawaii, my husband and I simply went with our travel agent's recommendation, who had said she frequently booked travellers at this hotel and everyone seemed to like it.

Our room faced Kuhio Ave., where the view was gorgeous and we could keep on eye on what was going on in the street. It's 2-3 blocks away from the beach, across the street from the International Marketplace, near several restaurants, and within walking distance to a couple of clubs. The tour desk was gave us all the help we needed to visit all the wonderful places and the cleaning ladies were so nice.

Ohana Waikiki West helped make our honeymoon absolutely perfect!

Our stay was okay

by TripAdvisor Member wizone

This review is for our stay at the Ohana Waikiki West hotel. The hotel was easy to reach from the airport and convenient to the beach and shopping in Waikiki. Our suprise was to leave one city only to reach another. Waikiki is inundated with high rise hotels, traffic, and all of the other trappings of the big city. We made our choice to stay at this hotel based upon the recommendations and reviews we had read from this site and the claims from the hotel that they had recently completed renovations. The hotel was average and met our requirements for an overnight stay, however they had not completed renovations. The rooms and furnishing were old and not well kept though functional. They could have used a good basic cleaning. The air conditioner was caked with dust and debris, plus the fan rattled on high speed. The hotel had three elevators that seemed insufficient for the amount of foot traffic and guests. They were slow and small and always seemed to be on the higher floors, also when the hotel associates were using them they were unavailable for the guests. A lot of guests had bicycles and rode them throughout the day and it only took two guests with bicycles to tie up the elevators for extended periods of time. There was no onsite restaurant but this was no problem as there were several eateries close by. Parking was ten dollars a day and contrary to some reviews we had no problem parking our Volvo Stationwagon at the hotel. I would recommend this hotel if your intention is to go to the beach, shop, or take in the sites. If you want a more luxurious hotel or attention to detail then I would recommend that you stay somewhere else. If I were considering a honeymoon to Waikiki then I would not stay at the Ohana Waikiki West or any of the other similiarily priced hotels. This hotel suited our need for a no frills hotel for one night before catching our hop to Kauai.

At The Rainbows End

by toontraveller about Ohana Waikiki village Hotel

I can honestly say that the only thing I found expensive in Hawaii was the accomodation but at ?88 a night for the room I'd be hard pushed to find a location with so much to offer in England for twice the price!

The hotel is less than 5 minutes from Waikiki beach an is a a white tower block with about 14 floors. It has all the usual amenities and I found it very clean and welcoming. There isn't really a bad location around here with shops and restaurants on your doorstep and being part of a bigger group of hotels with another 4 or 5 withing walking distance you can share the ammenities of the more expensive ones.

I stayed in a kitchenette room with a partial ocean view i.e. from the balcony. I would highly reccomend the kitchenette because you can just chill out with your own snacks and drinks. If you can afford it go for an ocean view too. The view is captivating and the sunsets are amazing.

I watched one day as a rainbow formed from Diamond Head to the hills on a beautiful sunny day then watched the sun go down. Nothing outstanding but if you find a sunny Ohana doll on your bed (which we did after a lot of persuation!) you can take advantage of a few special offers. The hotel owns its own converted racing outrigger and you can have a trip out in the bay on it during the day or for a sunset cruise. We got lucky and had the whole thing to ourselfs and although we didn't see a sunset due to the clouds we were lucky enough to be passed by a mammy, daddy and baby whale about 20 yards away.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member Craigy

I recently stayed overnight at Ohana West in a City view kitchenette room and I have no hesitation in recommending the Ohana West to anyone looking for a comfortable hotel staffed with extremely pleasant staff. The room we stayed in on the 12th floor had a great city view was well presented, with an extremely comfortable king bed. Kitchenette and bathroom were perfect for us. I am so glad I did not take notice of other reviews and stayed with Ohana West, I can't wait to stay with them again.

Great holiday

I was looking at taking a holiday by myself, in between jobs. I was recommended Hawaii and I was impressed.

This hotel is in a great location, staff lovely and friendly, pool that gets the sun all day and very accommodating room.

For the price Waikiki West is a great choice. Very comfortable for a holiday where your days are spent lying by the pool , touring around and the day ends with a good nights sleep.

Ohana Waikiki West Hotel Hawaii

by cchiuching

is this hotel OK for one night if i will arrive at honolulu at 5:30pm and then my plane flys at 6:30am the next day?
price looks reasonable: USd112

i would like to skip Airport hotels coz too many bad reviews on the three.

RE: Ohana Waikiki West Hotel Hawaii

by YVRDave

I have stayed at the West a few times. It is fine

RE: RE: Ohana Waikiki West Vs Aqua Waikiki Wave

by cchiuching

ah my boyfriend finds out Aqua Waikiki Wave.
it looks very nice and only costs USD106 somewhere...i forget the site.

Do u think that Aqua Waikiki Wave is better than Ohana Waikiki West?

Aqua Waikiki Wave

by cchiuching

OK finally i rest on Aqua Waikiki Wave.

bookit.com gives a good deal - USD106 for superior room for Jan 20.

Waikiki Gateway even costs more than WAVE!
Waikiki Sand Villa USD105!
so WAVE sounds the best options! it is newly renovated!!!

Comments