Ocean Resort Hotel - Waikiki

Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 32% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Wheelchair accesible rooms

Location of this hotel is great, the price is right if you not looking for decend standart it could be a good deal.

Unique Quality: I stay in wheelchair accesible kitchenet rooms on the 3 and 4 floor in this hotel for last 6 years.Since first stay nothing changed, ceilings and walls are very dirty, balconies walls are very dirty, furnitures are showing their aging. Shower: it takes forever to get cold water.
    Pool area: carpet is showing wear over past years.

• DJ_Rolo's Profile Photo

Ocean Resort, but not really...

I havent stayed at Ocean Resort since 2000, so im sure they could have made some changes to it. Eveything i write about it, is from back then.. The hotel room wasnt too bad, it was a little dirty and looked kinda old, but the room was big and cleaned everyday. I shared the room with 4 other people and there was plenty of space. We had a room with 2 doubles and a rollaway. There was a seperate bathroom, kitchen and Balcony. The elevators were a little slow and i remember having to wait awhile sometimes for one to come around. The hotel staff was very friendly. I believe i would stay here again for the price. It was part of a package deal, and it was pretty cheap. But before staying here i would check out other hotels closer towards the middle of Waikiki. The location isnt bad, but maybe something right on the main street on the Beach side would be better, but Then the rates will rise.

Directions: This hotel is towards the end of Waikiki near the park. It is between Kalakaua and Kuhio. Its about 75 yards from the beach...

More about Ocean Resort Hotel - Waikiki

Good moderately priced hotel in great location

by Jim_Eliason about Ocean resort Hotel

The rooms are nothing to write home about but they are adequate. The rates are great and the location is good. The hotel is about 2 1/2 blocks from the beach in Waikiki.

Very pleasant hotel

Stayed at the Ocean Resort Hotel my first trip to Hawaii in October 2001 and thought it was very nice. Loved the open air lobby and the orchids growing out of the rocks. The room was nothing special but nice. The staff weren't overly friendly, but pleasant enough. When we reported that our patio door didn't lock it was fixed almost imediately. Loved being only one block from the famous Waikiki Beach.
There was a convenient little store just down from the hotel. Nice quiet, non-partying people seemed to frequent the hotel. If I'd make one change it would be to put new carpet in the hallways. It was very faded and stained.

Good for the Budget-Minded Traveler

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Ocean Resort Hotel for 9 days, 2/3-2/11. It would not have been my first choice, but we were on a budget. When we arrived, we were told that there would be no air conditioning for at least two days. They gave us two bottles of water and a box of chocolate covered macadamia nuts for the inconvenience. I feared everything was going to go downhill from there. As it turned out, the air conditioning came back on as promised, and we never used it anyway. Like others before me have stated, the hotel is a bit run down and could use a face lift. However, our room was mostly clean, except for a few stains on the carpet. Location to the beach and shopping was great and the staff very helpful. The elevators were EXTREMELY slow! (If you missed the 2:15, you had to wait for the 2:35!) There are washers/dryers on the third floor, along with soda and snack machines. The pools left much to be desired, so if you are a pool person, don't stay here. We were able to extend our noon checkout time to 6:00 p.m. for an additional half-day room charge. I recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for no-frills accommodations. It's a good deal for the money, but I will go to a Marriott or Hilton the next time I visit. Aloha!!!

great base for the price...

by TripAdvisor Member KenUsher

We have just returned from staying in the Ocean Resort for 8 days Feb
21...29th 2004 It has a great location about 150yds from the sea front
with all the eating places within 500 yds (Hamburgers in paradise
400yds away)
In the other direction literally about 50 yds away "the bus" (the name for hawaii`s transportation system) stops and there are many buses to and from the Honolulu area and beyond. The fare is a flat $2 anywhere on the island..2 blocks or the North Beach! beware going too far the seats have a very thin layer to comfort your rear end!

All the tour buses and free trams (to the shops)stop in the road the hotel is in which is great..most within 50 yds of the Ocean Resort.

We stayed in the Pali Tower in a kitchenette room. It appears the
management have been reading this site! The carpets in the lifts, at
reception and in our room is practically new! There is only 2 lifts so
at peak times you can wait for 2+min for it to come. I have only 3
minor complaints,
1 our electric burners only had one working and having complained to
reception it never was actually replaced.
2 The maid was cleaning the room up late in the day (I mean about 4pm)
most days so when you come back from a great day on the beach to shower
off you had to either wait as she was doing you room or was about to so
you could not really relax knowing she would come in soon!
3 As we were married it was not a problem for us but beware that the
bathroom only has in it (behind a door) the toilet and bath/shower. The
sink for washing/shaving and the like is in the room next to the
bathroom door in full view! The garage parking at the ocean resort is a
rip off $8 per night! best tip drop off your partner to make the coffee
get dinner for you and go and park the car behind the Honolulu Zoo
about 10 min walk away for free! Would I stay there again Yes! great
for the price but not the Hilton! (or their prices!) Another tip.. the
safe in your room is for hire $3 or thereabouts a day. (I think it
should be free)
Do youself a favour hire it on the second day (save$3) as your flight probably will not arrive early and you will be in the room all the time so why put your valuables in a safe if you are in the room with them! on the second to last day take the key back before midnight (save anther $3) as the hire is daily.

One final thought if you use the phone in your room to dial a 1-800
number they charge you $1 per call!! go downstairs pass by reception to
the left there are 5 pay phones there for free. Say Hi to Carlos the
Trip Advisor he knows his stuff and actually gives great advice! He
told us the round island trip by "the bus" was great value for $2 but
it will hurt your butt..he was right....and it took 4 hours painful or
what.

Great hotel for the price.

by TripAdvisor Member lootlover

We spent 8 days/7 nights there on our honeymon and it was wonderful.
The room was clean and the staff is frinedly. Some rooms have kitchenettes. The hotel is located at the end of Waikiki, but everything is within walking distance. If you are one of those people that like to take the bus (why pay for a car that will cost you an arm and a leg to park), the bus stop is right across the street. If you are going to be outside all day, why pay for an expensive hotel room.

O.K. for the money

I am actually at the report now staying trough Christmas. We had booked a room with a kitchenette and when we checked in they said they were having some problems with some rooms and our room was not available, so we were put in a downgraded room.

The room is o.k., but for being out here two weeks, we would have liked a kitchette.

The hotel overall is o.k., this is our fourth trip out here and this hotel is the least liked of alll of our trips. The water pressure is bad in the showers and there are missing ceiling tiles in the lobby.
Granted it is a lower class hotel and you do pay for what you get.

The front desk staff are nice and didn't charge us for our safe key since we didn't get the room that we had originally booked. The location is great. everything is whithin walking distance.

I would stay here again.

Good value, clean with very good location

Good value, clean with very good location. Hotel showed a bit of age (furniture, bathroom), but well kept. Very convenient to beach as well as pickup point for tours. Parking available at a reasonable daily rate ($6). Compared to other hotels in the area a good value for the money.

Ocean Resort HotelOcean Resort Hotel

Ocean Resort Hotel, Waikiki

by pattiakids

Has anyone stayed at the Ocean Resort Hotel in Waikiki. Is it a nice hotel, is it close to the beach??

RE: Ocean Resort Hotel, Waikiki

by BadDrachenfels

first, go to www.oceanresort.com

Hotel is down on the east side of Waikiki and off the main street. I have not stayed there.
I have stayed at a number of hotels either on the beach or across the street in the same area.

If it is dirt cheap, it is a dump. If it is at least 100 a night it might be OK. I don't remember any lousy hotels over there but I can't remember it exactly. If you can get a decent price, stay at the Waikiki Marriott across from the beach. Good entertainment, nice pools, and a decent happy hour and Japanese restaurant. Good lunch prices. You can walk to a couple of breakfast places and the beach is across the street.

It is a good value. Lots of nicer hotels right on the beach but you will pay the price.

Comments