Ohana Islander Waikiki S Saver

270 Lewers Street, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96815-1950, United States

Good For No Data

More about Honolulu

TheBusTheBus

Tower from the plane (lower right)Tower from the plane (lower right)

Gay Rights ParadeGay Rights Parade

BBQ Pork & FriesBBQ Pork & Fries

Nuuanu Pali Outlook

by aznaphrodite

I will be driving from Kailua Beach back to Waikiki along Pali Highway. I want to make sure I don't miss the Nuuanu Pali Outlook. Is there an obvious sign or landmark I should look out for during the drive? Is it easy to access from both directions of Pali Highway (most of what I read talk about coming from Waikiki towards Kailua, not driving towards Waikiki)?

Thanks in advance!

by Odinnthor

Aloha nui, - again...

I don't think that you can miss the Pali. Pali means cliff, and just by that you cannot miss the Pali when you are there. Frankly, I do not remember if there are signs, but I would expect there are. How are the plans going with respect to the other responses in your previous thread.....? OK I suspect. Try to set some time aside to just relax eh?

Aloha nui loa....d:o)

by travelgourmet

Aloha, Yes you can excess the Lookout bu taking the HI-61, the Pali Hwy to the top and down a bit before the sign to the Lookout and turn right at Nuuanu Pali Drive, you will then climb back up a little to the huge parking lot and the steps up to the pass. If you have a hat, hold on, as the wind can become very strong at the top, but the view of Kaneohe, Kailua and the Koolau Mountains are well worth it. It is only about a 15 minute drive from Kailua.

by aznaphrodite

Thank you!!!

Travel Tips for Honolulu

Sunsets

by sswagner

While you are Hawaii, you might consider going to the beach and watching a sunset. You will find that a lot of people get the same idea, however it is certainly worth it, especially when you do not come from a setting such as this. No sunset is ever the same here. There are many places along the waterfront that are great for watching the sun go down. As you can imagine, Waikiki beach is a popular choice.

Go Ahead ... Live a little!

by TropicGirl77

It's no SECRET that it's expensive in Hawaii. After all, tourism is our main industry. If you plan well, you'll enjoy your visit no matter what your budget is. I highly recommend a drive around the island. I love taking a drive around the whole island, and stopping off at one beach for lunch, then stopping off at another beach to take in a sunset toward the end of the day. I NEVER get tired of looking at the scenery here on the islands. Not ALL the island folk are friendly and not all places on the island are plush green with tropical foliage. But with the right attitude, it will be what you make it! When I'm away, I miss island hospitality, flowers & plants, rainbows and sunsets, the sounds of the waves crashing near the shore, and all the smells I so fondly associate with our islands.

I loved Diamonds Head, you...

by relisea

I loved Diamonds Head, you climb to the top and look out over the city and the ocean and it is a most spectacular site!! I loved driving around on the mopeds in honolulu. I know that the natives probabl hated us but it was really lot of fun!

Are We There Yet? huh, Are We??

by raevnzno

You know your about the hit your maximum relaxation level when this is your view ......... Pearl Harbor on final approach. This time in addition to the USS AZ and Mighty MO, there was a massive radar platform being refurbished before being sent to Alaska to guard our frontiers.

The Aloha Flea Market (go here...

by Elainehead

The Aloha Flea Market (go here first before you do your shopping in Hawaii). Many manufacturers and vendors who cannot afford to rent a space in Waikiki, sell their goods at the Aloha Flea Market. More importantly, they pass their savings on to you. The merchants set up tents in the parking stalls surrounding the Aloha Stadium. Don't forget to bargain! You should good walking shoes and bring sunscreen. Go early before it gets hot. The Aloha Flea Market is open on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 7:30 am to 3:00 pm.

Comments