Ohana Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel

Expedia.com Holiday Inn Resort Booking.com

Costs 41% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Room with a Balcony

The taxi took us to our hotel and we went up the escalator and checked in. The first thing I did was go out on the balcony and take pictures of the ocean. We could have walked over to the beach to swim, but we did not have time. I took the beach bag that they supplied.

Next to the hotel were some stands and while my grandmother was on the internet, I went down and shopped for souvenirs

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Center of Action

I booked this hotel through AAA after extensive research because I wanted to be where I could get inexpensive transportation to see Honolulu. The hotel allows free rides on the pink shopping trolley which had a stop right in front of the hotel. In actual practice, the trolley routes had been considerably shortened, so some of the places I wanted to go were no longer available.

The hotel is on a small street (alley) and about a block from the beach. The front desk is up on the second floor - there is an escalator. They take your bags on the ground floor. After you register and get your keys, you use the keys to operate the elevator. The hotel has no intrinsic restaurant, but also on the second floor with the pool is a Jimmy Buffet's Restaurant.

Unique Quality: I thought it was a very nice hotel. We had a Partial Ocean View room with a balcony where we can see the beach from one side of it. Nice bathtub like ours at home where I can sit down on the corner to shower and a microwave and fridge. They gave us a beach bag - we could get towels from the pool to go to the beach. This was the list of amenities from their website.

#Air conditioning
    #Alarm clock/radio with MP3 player (photo 4)
    #Balcony
    #Cable TV
    #Card key access to guest room
    #Coffee maker
    #Complimentary wired high-speed Internet access
    #Daily maid service
    #Direct dial telephone/data port/voice mail
    #Hair dryer
    #Half bathtub/shower with hand-held shower head
    #In-room safe
    #Iron and board
    #Refrigerator

Directions: From airport exit toward WAIKIKI/HONOLULU. Merge onto H1 east. Take exit 23 to PUNAHOU ST. After 1 block, turn RIGHT onto SOUTH BERETANIA ST for one block. Make LEFT at first traffic signal onto KALAKAUA AVE

OHANA Waikiki Beachcomber is on the LEFT

More about Ohana Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel

Good views for a small price

by Gypsystravels about Ohana Waikiki Beachcomber

On my first visit to Oahu I wanted to find an inexpensive place to stay in central Waikiki, possibly with some great views. I was not disappointed when I found this hotel. Located next to the International Market Place, the Ohana Waikiki Beachcomber was definitely what I was looking for.

We had a Patial Ocean View, king size bed that had a nice size bathroom. The best part of the room were the views of Waikiki Beach, Diamond Head and the Market Place down below. We paid about $120 per night for our Partial Ocean View, a great price for an expensive place.

Affordable with a view.

by cjg1 about Ohana Waikiki Beachcomber

This was a decent hotel for my needs during a previous trip . Located a short walk across the street from the beachfront hotels it is right next to the open air International Market Place. I spent our long weekend here. The room had a partial view ocean front room that was on the east side of the tower up on about the 26th floor. (dont remember room number for sure) Set with a king bed and a spacious bathroom the highlight of the room was the balcony. From here you could see the beach and also out to Diamond Head. It was a great place for pics. When you can find this hotel for a cheap rate it is good for a place to stay. We paid in the $120 range per night. During future trips here it has been much higher and is the only reason we havent been back.

Stayed at the Waikiki Beachcomber, Sept 04

Stayed at the Beachcomber Sept 17-29, 2004.
Location was fabulous. Beach was just a few steps away. The International Marketplace was right outside the hotel. For the price we paid for location, we definitely got a great deal. Sept was a good month, tail end of the season.

My boyfriend and I were on the 5th floor at the very end of the hallway. It was a smoking floor. We weren't too happy about that. All other rooms were booked and we were unable to switch without paying a $30 upgrade per day. Frowned on that. The room was adequate, seemed a bit small and tight. Not too fancy, a little plain. The bed was comfortable. Had partial view of the ocean. When we closed the patio door, it was really quiet. Nice for those quick afternoon naps. Guest services were prompt and nice. The conceirge was excellent. Gave us great tips on mopeds and local restaurants.

Parking was $10 a day for our car rental. I guess that is average from what I hear. Overall - location was excellent. Room itself was nice, nothing overly exciting.

Right across the street from the ocean

by evalynn about WAIKIKI BEACHCOMBER

Had a nice stay. Pool. travel agent in the hotel. book tours & etc. Denny's right next door

Wonderful Location For Reasonable Price

by deecat about Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel

After spending a month in Maui, we flew to the Island of O'ahu and went to the city of Honolulu to stay for three nights. Our stay was in the Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel across the street from famed Waikiki Beach.

It was a pleasant hotel with a large room/balcony, slight view of ocean, clean, affordable, comfortable, and quiet. But, best of all, the location was excellent. We walked to the beach, to restaurants, and to shopping.

The International Market Place is right next door!
The hotel has 500 rooms on 25 floors, 24 hour Front Desk, Room Service, Restaurant, Cable TV, swimming pool, andSafe Deposit Box. Our room had a king-sized, comfortable bed, a large balcony with a view, a bathroom with tub and shower, refrigerator, coffee maker, desk, in-room safe, and hair dryer.

The service was friendly and efficient. we had many questions about Honolulu and activities; they answered all our questions and even gave suggestions.

Very Nice

Our Family just returned from vacation and we loved the location of the Waikiki Beachcomber, we went to the shows in their showroom and they were really good. Our rooms were older but clean, maid service great, desk personnel wonderful, the only thing I would say wasn't right, was they charged us for our coffee in the room every morning, not a big complaint, we just went and got coffee filters and a bag of Hawaiian coffee, but I had never seen that before, but outside of the unexpected $2.00 a pot charge we enjoyed our stay and would stay with them again. We were treated very nice and had a wonderful wonderful time. Aloha

Avoid Don Ho Show at all costs

After living on Oahu for several years, we have recently decided to try out some "tourist" activities on the island. This past weekend we decided to check out the Don Ho Show at the Waikiki Beachcomber. I can say this was, without a doubt, the worst performance I've ever been to. Don Ho is either senile or on drugs or alcohol, as he was unintelligible throughout the 3 hour show and kept forgetting the words to the songs and punchlines to the jokes. There was a lot of "blue" humor as well - I wasn't personally offended, but I was surprised at the jokes being told at a so-called "family" affair. The side entertainment featured a hula dancer, uke players and a painfully unfunny stand up comic. Approximately 25% of the audience (including ourselves) left before the end of the show because it was just too boring and painful to witness. We had discount tickets and we get to experience the beauty of Oahu every day, but I strongly urge anyone who has limited time in Hawaii to do something other than the Don Ho show. Stroll along the beach, go to a movie - just avoid seeing Don Ho.

Right in the Middle of Waikiki

The hotel is right in the middle of Waikiki, a very good location is you want to be where it is happening. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The only thing I didn't like was the half shower, I would of perferred a bathtub and shower. I didn't like having to pay for the coffee and tea and the use of the room's safe. I had a delux oceanview room on the 16th floor. I didn't have a clear view of the beach because there are so many hotels on the beach. I was in walking distance to many restaurants and shopping. I would highly recommend eating at Duke's for breakfast, it's right across the street from the hotel.

Hotel in Honolulu?

by rickeyru

My wife and I will be returning from Australia to North America in Feb 2006 and will stop in Honolulu for three or four days. Can anyone help with a good hotel with a reasonable rate? Hopefully beach area.
Thanks
Rick

by tracys2cents

Waikiki Joy Hotel, Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki, HawaiianaHotelatWaikiki

all are a short walk to the beach

by katmai

Royal Grove in Waikiki is only 3 blocks from the beach. It is very affordable, compared to other hotels there, and clean with a nice staff. Their website is www.royalgrovehotel.com. Check with them asap since they fill up fast way in advance. Aloha.

by trappedinmichigan

Rick-
Just got back from the Waikiki Beachcomber! In the middle of everything. Walking distance to everything. Right across the road from the beach. Was great! Will stay there again.
Hope you have a great trip!

Comments