2169 Kalia Rd., Honolulu, Hawaii, 96815, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com amextravel.com

Costs 38% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• acebruin's Profile Photo

Awesome Concierge

We stayed at this hotel with a 3 month old in December of 2011.

We were the last one to check in for the front desk person who was helping us. He was very nice even though it was late. He handed us the breakfast vouchers as well. Make sure you get the rate with breakfast vouchers! Breakfast can be pretty expensive in the hotel. There were 3 restaurants serving breakfast with 1 serving buffet. We tried the buffet at Shore Bird Restaurant. And we went twice to The Ocean House Restaurant. We didn't go to Kani Ka Pila Grille since they only served breakfast until 10:30 am. We're not early birds! The other 2 served breakfast until 11 am.

We stayed in an ocean view room on the 8th floor (Room 850). It was a corner room and we LOVED it! The room was huge! It had a separate bedroom and living room. The living room had a table with couches for us to sit on. It also had a small dining table with some chairs. There was also another small table with phone and books etc. There was a small bar area with a fridge and small sink. The bathroom was a little small for a room that size as you can see in the photo. The bathroom sink area was pretty wide, would have been nice to have 2 sinks in that big space.

What's even better about this room was the fact that it had tons of balcony space! The bedroom had a door to the balcony. The living room had 2 doors to the balcony. So imagine our room being a corner room, and then having 1 long balcony from the bedroom to the living room facing the Pacific Ocean. The other door from the living room leads to a balcony facing the pool. The view was awesome! Even our 3 month infant loved staring into the sea! The resort is right on the beach! It was great since it's just right outside of the busier part of Waikiki beach.

The service was top notch! It turns out Expedia concierge has tables all across the islands in Hawaii. Trisha was very helpful to us. She helped us plan our week long stay there even though we were only staying 3 nights at Outrigger Reef. She recommended popular activities on the island. We ended up going on the snorkelling tour since we love snorkelling! She also arranged for a baby sitter for our Anniversary dinner at La Mer a couple of doors down. She even suggested that I get flowers or gift basket for my wife for our Anniversary. She handled it like a pro. It was difficult to get my wife to stay away while I was planning it with Trisha. She was the most awesome concierge that I had came across. Thanks Trisha!

Oh and the valet was $30 a day with unlimited in and out. This can get really costly if you're renting a car during your stay and are staying for a week or longer at this resort.

Unique Quality: The view was excellent from Room 850! The service was great! And Expedia concierge rocked! Trisha was awesome!

Directions: At the end of Beachwalk

• Not a bad experience!

We stayed at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach for our last minute honeymoon. They upgraded us for free to a partial ocean/city view room that was enormous and clean. The hotel is right next to a military museum which meant that there was plenty of room on the sand just a few steps from the entrance. There was construction going on across the street, which made access to the hotel by car tricky. The only issues I had were that the elevators were slow and that the pool is situated between two towers so the sun goes down a lot sooner at the Reef on the Beach pool than anywhere else.

We got a good deal and would recommend that people stay there if there isn't a better deal to be had.

Unique Quality: We got a free wedding vow renewal ceremony on the beach.

• bamajerry's Profile Photo

Outrigger Reef On The Beach

My wife and I spent 4 nights at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach. Check in was handled very promptly and we were told at the front desk that our room type had been over booked so we were upgraded to an oceanview room at no extra charge. The staff was very friendly and the room was extremely clean and well maintained we were very please with our stay.

Unique Quality: The view of Wiakiki beach from our balcony was stunning.
    Also the resturants were great and moderately priced.

• Lacristina's Profile Photo

Woudn't Be My Choice on Waikiki

I didn't stay at the Outrigger, but I ate there twice and friends were staying there, so I was able to check out the rooms. I saw enough to be sure I wouldn't want to stay there and pay luxury prices for Motel 6 quality.

The rooms at the Outrigger don't cost all that much less than our room at the Ali'i Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village - but I thought there was NO comparison. The decor and furniture looked cheap compared to the Hilton. The "city view" double room I saw was so tiny there was only room for a small table between the two twin beds. Very tiny bathroom, too.

In another larger room (a suite) with partial ocean view, the balcony seemed very narrow. The balcony also gave the feeling of being slightly tilted and too open or unprotected (I'm not saying it WAS dangerous) - so no one really wanted to stand out on it. It just wasn't comfortable.

Then there was the 20-something party going on in the next room which was so bad the hotel finally threw them out. I know, it's not the hotel's fault, but the experience was not positive.

The lobby is plain, but the restaurants were fine - service was friendly and the beach-front setting was lovely, especially in the evening. The food at Chuck's Steakhouse was surprisingly good.

The shop in the lobby that sells Hawaiian shirts had some great deals on men's silk shirts on the sale rack. A friend who lives on Oahu and joined us for lunch actually bought a couple of shirts because they were so nice and such a great price.

Unique Quality: The Hotel is directly on the beach - but be aware that the Waikiki beach isn't really the best in the world. It is rather narrow, and the sand is coarse.

Directions: Not on the main drag - but on Kalia Street, on the beach, next to the Ft. DeRussy Miliary Museum.

• hellokitty7272's Profile Photo

don't stay in the heart of wakiki

the hotel itself is very nice. it has an open air lobby and a nice size pool. couple of places to eat. the rooms were average but clean and a good price for what you get.

Unique Quality: the best service was a hospitality suite that they offer for free where you can take a shower and have use of a room for 45 minutes after you have checked out and before you get on the plane. a very nice feature.

• hellokitty7272's Profile Photo

don't stay in the heart of wakiki

Honolulu

Send Picture as a PostCard.

hanauma bay

i was just in honolulu this past week and it was great!

i stayed at the outrigger reef hotel which is not in the heart of wakiki, but believe me, you will be glad that it is. it is not as crowded and annoying as the center of wakiki can be. the hotel is good for the price, very reasonable. the rooms are average, but the amenities in the hotel and location are well worth it! they also have a hospitality suite so that you can come back and take a shower after you have checked out and get on the plane which is a great perk. it is free and you can use it for 45 min. this feature alone after a long day at the beach is well worth it.

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Outrigger Reef Towers.

I would have to say ±$100 per night.

Unique Quality: The rooms had all the amenities- a microwave oven and a coffee maker in the room. Hopefully in the last 10 years, they have taken on a less surly staff. Without any clear reason, they treated my travel group and me with absolute disrespect. For example, I was hanging some clothes out to dry on the railing and I got an impolite call from the front desk threatening to call the police if I didn't take it off the railing. I didn't, incidentally.

• Outrigger Reef Hotel on the...

Outrigger Reef Hotel on the beach

Unique Quality: This was the first time I stayed in this hotel and the thing I liked most was that everything you need is right down stairs in one general area. The hotel is on the smaller side (the grounds that is) so when you get off the elevator the pool is right there. There are restaurants and shops as well as easy access to the beach all along one corridor. You don't have to worry about getting lost or loosing your kids.

More about Outrigger Reef On The Beach

The Outrigger Reef on the...

by vandi

The Outrigger Reef on the Beach
Partial Ocean View 350US Dollars a night year round. Price was fantastic and standard rooms were a good size and the view impecable ! It would be great for families, the pool is huge.

In front of the Outrigger ReefIn front of the Outrigger Reef

In the lobby at Outrigger Reef HotelIn the lobby at Outrigger Reef Hotel

Shorebird is where?

by chabab

What is the name of the hotel that has the restaurant called the SHOREBIRD?

by YVRDave

Outrigger Reef

by travelgourmet

The Shorebird Restaurant and Beach Bar is located on the beach side of the Outrigger Reef on the Beach Hotel located on Kalia Road at Beachwalk, ma kai of Kalakaua Ave. The restaurant has a great view of Diamond Head from the beachside tables. The breakfast buffet is a great start for a day in Waikiki. The hotel is going through extensive remodeling but the Shorebird should be okay. Aloha.

by YVRDave

Don't forget the Sunday Afternoon Bikini Contest!!!

Comments