2586 Kalakaua Ave., Honolulu, Hawaii, 96815, United States

Travelocity Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 38% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• wilocrek's Profile Photo

Location, location, location!

The best part of this hotel is.......location! The Park Shore is located right by the Honolulu Zoo at the end of the hotel strip. From the Park Shore you have great views of the beach and the Diamond Head Crater. The beach across the street from the Park Shore seems to be the best beach in Waikiki and being that its the last hotel on the strip it doesn't feel as cramped. From the Park Shore its a 10 minute bus ride to the Diamond Head Crater and its a hop and a skip to the beach. The hotel itself is very nice, they have a excellent sushi bar in the lobby and the rooms are small but good enough. They were in the midst of renovating the Hotel when I was there in Oct. 2006, I was given one of the new model rooms so my review of the room is up to date as a result. They were putting flat screen TV's in every room and the bathroom was completely modernized with the latest looks. The beds were excellent. Again the only real drawback is that the rooms are small. The pool area is not much different from a Motel 6 pool, just concrete and water. Service was fine, nothing outstanding but nothing bad to speak of. Bottom line stay here for the location, its not a resort and it doesn't pretend to be.

• Best of Waikiki, without the ridiculous pricetag!

My wife and I stayed at the Park Shor Waikiki during the first week in August, 2005. I had scored a fantastic deal on the internet, so we were nervous about what we would see.

When we arrived at the hotel, I let out a breath I was not aware I was holding. The lobby is an open spacious room. Inviting and bright, the gentle breeze ushered us in to a charming staff and hassle free check in.

For the $97/night I was paying (for a partial ocean view by the way), I didn't really expect much but I was really surprise by how nice the place really turned out to be. Of course it is no Hilton or Princess, but it isn't some seedy Motel 6 either.

You probably won't find the deal I got, it took months of research and bargaining, but you will find very nice rooms around $110 - $150. And remember, this hotel is ON the beach, it isn't tucked away three blocks away or anything. In fact, the Park Shore is directly across from the beach where they show the "Movie on the Beach."

Beach on one side, and a beautiful little park on the other. Paradise.

Unique Quality: Park Shore is attached to a Starbucks, a Japanese restaurant, and Lulu's Restaurant.

Lulu's has the best breakfast you can get in Hawaii! With it's panoramic views of Diamond Head and Waikiki beach, you can relax with a cocktail or sushi from 7am to 4am.

The hotel has a pool and sundeck..... but you are 15 seconds from the beach!!!

Directions: If you are on the Beach. Go East, it's the last Hotel before you hit the parks.

• passingshadows's Profile Photo

A jewel in Waikiki

I read up on the hotel in trip advisor before booking and I was a little hesitant because of some of the reviews. My priorities were location and cleanliness and I was not disappointed..

There are 2 towers (the Shore and Park towers), and downstairs there is an ABC store, a Japanese restaurant, Lulu's Surf Club and Starbucks.

I read that the Shore tower was renovated a few years back so I requested a room there, and it looked pretty much like the picture on their website. It could use a new coat of paint but for the location and view, it didn't seem that important. You might be better off getting a room with a view (either ocean view or oceanfront) because the room itself is very basic and a little on the small side.

Room service was available (during certain hours) from Lulu's downstairs and the staff were very helpful and kind.

Unique Quality: Right at the end of Kalakua Avenue so it is on the quiet part of Waikiki. Across the road is the beach itself and to the left is Kapiolani Park and Honolulu Zoo.

• Quiet end of Waikiki

I reserved two Deluxe Ocean View rooms with two beds in each room. What I got was not what I expected. Both rooms only had one bed in them. The second bed was a roll away cot. In one of the rooms, once the cot was set up, there was no room to walk around the beds. The other room was a handicap room, so it was much more spacious. (both rooms were in the 'newly renovated' section of the building.). The handicap room was on the ocean side of the hotel. The other was actually on the side of the hotel, but you could see the ocean if you went out on the balcony (see photo).

There was on-site parking, but it cost extra.

The rooms were clean, and they provided nice soap and shampoo - not the usual cheap stuff.

Unique Quality: The hotel is right across the street from the beach and the zoo at the quiet end of waikiki. They seemed to have movies and concerts on the beach on weekend nights. There is a Starbucks, a japanese restaurant and a convenience store on premises.

• Not like it is represented!!!

Accomodations were terrible--We had a "Deluxe Room". Just a small box. We asked to upgrade--said nothing was available. Told them A/C was leaking--10 days later upon checking out, someone came to door-maintenance to fix it--approx. 6 calls to request it be fixed. Room had a very sour/moldy smell. Housekeeper sometimes did not make up one bed, no room to move about, not the cleanest. Has 3-star rating. Could possibly be rated a 2 star. Hotel lobby stunk of smells from the Japenese Restaurant--nauseating...Elevators jumped and lurched. On the web says there is a Denny's located on premises--no longer there. Our booking agent still thought there was Denny's there. Says balconies have furniture????????
    Why did we stay---Honolulu was packed!!! For a decent price upgrade it would have cost us a small fortune---we were paying for 5 people (two rooms), for 10 nights. I would not suggest anyone staying here.

P.S. When booking reservation, we were told we would get a daily Starbuck's coupon, for coffee and muffin. When we requested this at Front Desk--told it did not apply to us. Told we could upgrade at first--then denied. A lot of other "disgruntled" guests.
    Thouroughly misrepresentated on websites and through tour company.

Unique Quality: Beach right accross the street.

• derats's Profile Photo

Great Location

Take advantage of our PERFECT LOCATION! Right across from Waikiki Beach and next to beautiful Kapi'olani Park, you are close to everything at Park Shore Waikiki. Relax at the outdoor pool and sun deck, hit the beach, stroll through Waikiki or walk across the street to the Honolulu Zoo. It's all right at front door. With easy access in and out of Waikiki, your ideal home while you explore all of O'ahu.

Unique Quality: Beautiful rooms with your choice of twin, queen or king beds. All with air-conditioning, cable TV, in-room movies, and refrigerators.
    Enjoy spectacular Diamond Head and ocean views from most rooms. There are three specialty restaurants and a shopping plaza right in the hotel.
    The hotel's large, freshwater pool overlooks Waikiki Beach. This is one of Waikiki's premier locations, with spectacular unobstructed views, and the best of Waikiki all around you.

Directions: At the Diamond Head end of Waikiki, across from the beach and the Honolulu Zoo,
    Waikiki Aquarium, and Kodak Hula Show are only a short distance away.

More about Park Shore Waikiki

Exceeded my expectations

by TripAdvisor Member Jamboysf

The location of this hotel is ideal. It's right at the far end of Waikiki, so you're not in the thick of everything--but you can be with a short walk. To the east of the hotel's smaller tower, there are no other buildings--just park and a zoo. Our room, 1424, had an ocean view and a balcony for watching the sunset, surfers, boats, and to the left, looking out to Diamond Head. We paid between $160 and $180 a night (the rate varied) for a stay from May 30 through June 5. The hotel staff was pleasant and helpful. There's an ABC store right off the lobby that sells beach supplies, fruit, water, liquor--everything you need, and at a reasonable price. Just outside the lobby: a Starbucks, a surfing school, a Wolfgang Puck take-out restaurant, etc. As I said: great location.
My complaints are minor. The rug was stained, the toilet backed up once, the towels were thin, the maids were stingy with the toiletries. But given the price, the location, and the incredible view from the balcony, I didn't care. I would definitely stay here again.
By the way, this is my first hotel review. I wrote this one only because I think the Park Shore is a good deal and has sometimes gotten a bad rap, given some of the other reviews I've read. And I have no affiliation with this hotel, its employees, etc.

Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member Davepow

We stayed at the Park Shore for a week in April as part of our anniversary trip. We had spent the previous week at the Hilton Waikoloa on the big island, so our standard had been set pretty high, but we weren't dissapointed.

As mentioned in other reviews, this Hotel could do with a makeover, just a coat of paint and new carpet would do it, but then the price would more than double I expect.

We had a diamond head suite on the top floor. View of the beach was worth a million dollars, room was quite small for a suite, but suitable as we only really slept there.

There is a great resteraunt downstairs with very reasonable prices, and an ABC shop on the ground floor to get everything else from. We didn't use the pool as the beach was so close, so no comment about that.

All in all, it was a great location, good value, CLEAN! (very important) hotel with nice staff.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Premium92

Stayed at the Park Shore for the first time in Dec /04. The hotel staff were very friendly and the lobby was big enough that with all the people trying to check in or out we never felt crowded.Our room was on the seventh floor (corner Unit) with a awesome view of Waikiki beach and Diamond Head.The room was small, with two double beds not much room for more than two people but was always clean.There was a restaraunt next door (Lu Lu's) opened 24 hours and a ABC store and a starbucks just outside the hotel lobby .The hotel was at the end of the busiest part of Waikiki but still close enough to the beach which was just across the street. No hotel laundry facility where you could do your own laundry.The closest one was blocks away.This hotel could use a touch up in the decor,have larger rooms,put in a laundrymat but all in all its a great place to stay.Will definately stay here again.

Oceanview room

by TripAdvisor Member smiller376

We spent two amazing weeks in Waikiki for our honeymoon. The room we stayed in was nice. A little on the small size, but we did have a view of the Pacific and those amazing sunsets. Be aware that the hotel is open to the elements and your room will smell like the ocean. Kind of salty and such. You are within walking distance of everything and the beach is across the street. You cannot go wrong with this hotel. The only complaint is the parking kind of stinks. Everything is a one way and the ramp to the hotel parking is tight, I don't think you would be able to fit 2 cars on it at the same time. Make sure to see the Dole plantation, Pearl Harbor and Hike Diamondhead. We are planning another trip in summer of 07. I cannot wait.

Park Shore Hotel In Waikiki

by bamajerry

Can anyone give me some feed back on the Park Shore Hotel in Waikiki?

Re: Park Shore Hotel In Waikiki

by joesorce

Very good location as the south end of Waikiki is more beautiful. Most of the rooms are on the small side and not particularly inviting. The staff is adequate and nothing more. If you can spring for one of their newly renovated ocean view rooms, you will be very happy there( unless you are only used to deluxe luxury accomodations and impeccable service) , but the budget rooms with no views have not been renovated and unless you are really used to budget accomodations (bare basics) then I would not recommend the hotel.

"Just barely okay" on every level except for the ocean-view renovated rooms.

Re: Park Shore Hotel In Waikiki

by travelgourmet

I would not stay there. It is too far from the action of Waikiki, and I think a drawback being across the street from the zoo, unless your into animals 24/7. Anyone that I heard from that stayed there, said that it wasn't that nice. Rooms are too small. It is not even on Waikiki Beach , but on Kuhio Beach. The center of Waikiki is at least six blocks away. I suggest the Ohana Waikiki Tower for full value in price, location, and cleanliness. Only one hotel, the Outrigger Reef, from the Waikiki sand and right on Lewers Street , the center of the action in Waikiki. If you desire quiet, just ask for a room on the other side of Lewers. Aloha oe.

Comments