150 Kapahula Avenue, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96815, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• MotherLove's Profile Photo

Ocean view luxury

Rooms have view of Pacific Ocean from balcony that includes Diamond Head. Walking distance to beach, restaurants, zoo, clubs and shopping. Hotel is clean and staff is courteous. Rates are reasonable.

Unique Quality: Hotel food very affordable. Location is within walking distance of Dukes' Bar and disco is nearby. On Waikiki Beach shopping is plentiful. Exotic sounds of zoo add to experience. Ask for balcony. Rooms have fridge.

Directions: Close to Diamond Head for hiking, zoo, beach for swimming and downtown for night life. Easy access for Pearl Harbor.

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Budget Hotel in The Heart of Waikiki!

The Hotel offers Breathtaking views of Oahu's two famous landmarks: Diamond Head and Waikiki Beach and is not as expensive as the Kalakaua Ave and Kuihio Ave Hotels. It is one block from the Waikiki beach, across the street from the zoo, close to the International Market, and several other shops.

The Queen Kapiolani is a good choice for a budget hotel close to famous Waikiki Beach, the Zoo and Park. I would recommend you book ocean view or higher category rooms as the lower floors are quite noisy due to street traffic. The hotel is very close to Lulu's, a great restaurant with a great view of the beach and also to Starbucks, which is convenient for breakfast each morning. If you are interested in spending time outside of the hotel and seeing the sights, this is a fantastic place. The hotel has a concierge in the lobby who can help plan day-trip activities for guests. There are also 2 convenient, small shops in the lobby for gifts or swim needs plus an EXPEDIA.com Tour Desk to help you plan cheap tours!

Unique Quality: Named for Queen Kapiolani (1834-99), the wife of Hawaii's last king, David Kalakaua (1836-91), this hotel harks back to the days of the Hawaiian monarchs. The 19th-century flavor of the place reflects those grand days, with 10-foot chandeliers in the main dining room and a full-size portrait of the queen in the lobby. The plush decor, however, doesn't extend to the budget rooms, which are quite small. For just a few bucks more, get the superior room. Not only is it double in size, but its shoreline views are vastly superior.

the hotel is located near the foot of majestic Diamond Head and just steps from famous Waikiki Beach.It is Approximately 12 miles from Honolulu International Airport. Kapiolani Park, Honolulu Zoo, and Waikiki Aquarium are also within walking distance.This 19 story 315 room moderate hotel offers a restaurant and pool with sun deck. The open-air Garden Lanai restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, while the Peacock Dining Room features specialty buffets. The hotel also offers a tour desk, limited parking at $15 per day, jewelry shop, laundromat, vending machines, and gift and sundry shop and even an Expedia Tour Desk in the Lobby.

Directions: 150 Kapahulu Avenue, Honolulu, HI, 96815-4097

• Great Value in Honolulu

Older hotel some may say needs renovation but it is a great value for money. Awesome location in eastern Waikiki. We had an ocean view room with unobstructed views of the ocean and Diamond Head. Not that we were in the room long enough to really enjoy the view, but it was only 5 mins. walk to the beach. This would be an ideal location for families with small children as the beach had an enclosure to combat the surf. Note that rooms are small, but clean and tidy.

Unique Quality: Hula's nightclub is just next door. Staff were very friendly. Hotel has an old Hawaii charm about it that made us feel right at home.

• Very Comfortable & Affordable

Aloha
    Having been to Waikiki before, and staying at another hotel in the middle of all the hotels. I decided to stay at the Queen Kapiolani because of it's location at the quiet end of Waikiki. It's next to the zoo. My family gave me a hard time about my choice, (due to the lower hotel price), until they arrived at the hotel. It's not the newest hotel, in fact it's in need updating, which is currently under way. Our room was on the 16th floor over looking the Honolulu Zoo, Diamond Head, and the ocean. It's just beautiful. I don't know about you but I live in the woods, and I rather see nature instead of buildings. The hotel is close to everything, beach - two blocks away, bus stop - right outside the entrance, highway - 6 blocks to the left. Everybody we met at the hotel were totally happy to be there. It's not the newest, but it was very clean, and comfortable. Would I stay there again. You bet your life I would. Checkout their website. Save some $$$. - Mahalo

Unique Quality: There is a restaurant on the 3rd floor, which we decided to try the next day. What a gem, we mainly had brunch there and never paid more then $5-7 each, you name it - breakfast - burgers, sandwiches, and great chef salads. You will pay twice that anyway else. Even the bar serves drinks that are half the price of other places. My only regret was they served "Prime Rib Dinner" for $9.95, and we were never back in time for dinner. Others at the hotel told us they were totally surprized how great that dinner was. - Maybe next time :-)

Oh yes, parking at the hotel it's $8 a day. You can park it yourself or have an employee do it for you. It's tight if you have a full size car. If all the spaces are full then they will park it for you. Give them the keys and forget it and it will be parked in the garage for you.

Directions: Looking from the ocean you are on the last street on the left, of a compacted area of hotels.

More about Queen Kapiolani Hotel

by C_L_T about Queen Kapiolani

The room I had in this hotel was very small with barely enough room for the bed! For what you got I thought it was quite expensive and the view over Wakiki wasn't that inspiring! Lovely outdoor pool with sun terraces and great views out to Diamond Head.

budget hotel with awesome location

by TrvlnGrrl about Queen Kapiolani

I actually did not stay here but family stayed here while we stayed at another hotel, and we spent some time here so thought I would put the word out. It is a budget hotel, nothing fancy. But for the price it is probably one of the best values in waikiki in terms of location and room size. Has a nice open air lobby that shows its age, but also that this was probably a very nice hotel many years ago. I think this is a popular place with the locals. The room was large, got a kitchenett at no extra cost, and a good view of the mountains and other buildings. This particular room was a little darker and dated than in the pics of on their website. Room was more like a side of the road motel room, but still a great value. The location was awesome! It was at the quieter end of waikiki right accross the street from the zoo, 1 block to the beach, and pleanty of stores, food, ect. We actually ate the breakfast buffet here as it was only $6.95/person half the price of most others. It quality was not the same as a snazzy hotel but it had all the regular stuff fruit, eggs, sausage, breads, cereals, coffee and juice. Perfect for the budget traveler looking to fuel up for a busy day. Overall, a good budget hotel. One of the least expensive in waikiki, but actually a really great location. Simple rooms to come back to after a great day at the beach. Cheap breakfast, 1 block to Zoo and beach

Don't believe any of the good reviews! They're wrong.

We stayed at the Queen Kapiolani in February 2004. This is absolutely the worst, most run down hotel I have ever stayed in. We had an upgraded "superior" room... the bed was a rock, the AC made noise all night, the bathroom was a deteriorated wreck, and the rest of the hotel was in a state of disrepair and outdated. YES, the location is great and the views of Diamond Head over the zoo and the park are wonderful, but saving a couple of bucks is not worth the sacrifice of staying here. We spent two days trying to find another hotel, but were stuck with this fleabag. We were afraid to try any of the on-site food service. Stay away!

Best Ocean Deal in Town

I stayed at Queen Kap for my first trip to Hawaii. It was a perfect trip! We stayed in the ocean view hotel room, and loved it. There was a full South wall facing the ocean and the East wall was a full view of Diamondhead. If you are looking for a very affordable hotel room for two, with the best ocean views, stay here. Request a room on a higher floor - ours was fifteenth floor I believe. You could hear the zoo at night, but being higher up eliminated most road and pool noise. If you stay here, you must get the full ocean view. It's worth the extra few bucks. It's what made the trip so awesome for us. That and being so close to the beach.

Not the worst palce to stay in Waikiki

Yes, she's old, Yes, she's worn, but if you are looking for a cheap sleep (under $60.00) and you like the park area, the Queen will do. Being single I don't need a fancy place to sleep. Stayed 8 nights in April 04. Was a little disappointed at first but got over it. Pool area was better then I expected. Bar/restuarant was reasonable and the food was not too bad. Rooms were small and in need of updating. Housekeeping was acceptable. Now that I know what to expect, I would stay again, in fact I am now planning my next trip to the islands for October.

Awesome!, in Queen Kapiolani HotelAwesome!, in Queen Kapiolani Hotel

Daimond Head from the Queen Kapiolani HotelDaimond Head from the Queen Kapiolani Hotel

Hi
We just book this hotel for our 2005 vacation, if you have any comments dont hesitate.
Brgds, Rohnny

Re: Queen Kapiolani Hotel

by travelgourmet

Aloha, Great hotel for the price. Good location and easy to get to the beach. The buffet for breakfast at the hotel is a good start for the day. Have fun. Aloha oe.

Re: Re: Queen Kapiolani Hotel

by rohnny

Thank you travelgourmet, Hope we will have a good time.
Mahalo
Rohnny

RE: Queen Kapiolani Hotel

by pamstravels

Queen kapiolani Hotel is a great budget hotel. If you booked the Deluxe Ocean View room you will get a great deal. On my Waikiki page you can see a picture from the lanai. Our Deluxe Ocean View room only cost $90 and we had a penthouse corner room with views of Waikiki Beach and Kapiolani Park. Windows on two sides that open up the continious trade winds so we didn't need the AC. It was clean but older. A rarity for Waikiki in this room also, a bathtub! We were very pleased with the room.

Don't recommend the breakfast buffet though, go one block towards the beach and eat at LuLu's.

RE: RE: Queen Kapiolani Hotel

by rohnny

Thank you for your comments Pamstravel, I'm sure we will appreciate the Queen Kapiolani, we will transit via Atlanta...
Rgds, rohnny