120 Kaiulani Avenue, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96815, United States

Satisfaction Average

Costs 32% more and rated 11% lower than other 3 star hotels

• sswagner's Profile Photo

Less expensive than average

This hotel is in the Waikiki District. It is one block to the beach, but not directly on the beach. Being on the beach itself will add a significant amount of money to the hotel bill. Be advised that all Waikiki hotels are expensive. Yet, this hotel is cheaper compared to many of the others in the near vicinity. The building is a high rise with nice views with a balcony in each room. It is an easy walk to the Waikiki attractions. A parking garage is located adjacent to the building. If you are exploring Waikiki, a rental car is not necessary. Use a shuttle service from the airport. Otherwise, a car is needed for other island attractions. The hotel was clean and nicely kept. There are many places to eat nearby as well as the ABC stores. We decided to go with the oceanview room, and it was nice.

Unique Quality: The views are nice.

Directions: In the Waikiki District

• seansf's Profile Photo

Good location hotel in Waikiki

Good location, across street from beach. Next door to International Marketplace. Hotel appears to have been upgraded recently. Friendly staff. Average size rooms. Had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. Would recommend this hotel.

Unique Quality: Location- across the street from beach. Central Waikiki location.

Directions: Waikiki

More about Sheraton Princess Kaiulani

by sunshine9689 about Princess Kaiulani

Good hotel. Even though it`s not next to the water (5 minutes of walking to the Waikiki beach), it really is not that far and from our 9th floor balcony the view was pretty good.

Princess Kaiulani

by sunshine9689 about Sheraton Princess Kaiulani

Hotel with a great bar

by Gypsystravels about Sheraton Princess Kaiulani

On my first visit to Oahu I discovered the yummy drinks at the Pikake Terrace and promised myself to stay at this hotel on my next visit.

The hotel is very popular with the airline crews and is always packed with packaged tours which use the Sheraton as their hotel of choice.

The room was a bit on the dated side, and not very roomy, but was clean and suited our needs.

Located across the street from Waikiki beach this hotel is definitely centrally located. We paid about $180 per night.

Affordable Starwood

by cjg1 about Sheraton Princess Kaiulani

This hotel I discovered on a previous Oahu trip many years ago. I first used it as a place to eat and drink. And I honestly can't tell you how we stumbled into it. But our first day on my first trip I came here with an ex girlfriend and have returned on every visit.

The rooms are a tad dated. But if you're looking for a reward program sponsored hotels this is one of the cheapest options. I was able to get a special rate of 153 with triple points and discounts for the food this last time. So it was quite an affordable deal to me. The calimari is quite the draw here as well as their tasty cocktails. Enjoy a Mai Tai or Frozen drink on the Terrace.

Made for a Princess, Fit For a Queen

by keida84 about Sheraton Princess Kaiulani

We booked this trip last minute and we scored a great deal with this hotel. We upgraded to the High Ocean View, which, if the Hyatt Regency Tower was removed, we would have had a great view of Diamond Head. Still it was a great room and we are pleased to report the Kaiulani did not disappoint.

The staff was most courteous and acommodating, there was a minor mix up with our room but it was handled in an expedient manner.

The room was clean and bright, the bed very comfortable. The hotel provided us with a coffee maker and a refrigerator. We had a walk out balcony where we spent several evenings listening to the music coming from the lounge (they stop the music by 10PM). The A/C is efficient, but we found we were able to shut it off at night and leave the sliding door open to let the trade winds blow through and cool the room. On June 11, 1955, the hotel opened it's doors. Built by the Matson Navigation Company on the grounds of the Princess Victoria Kaiulani's palace, Ainahau. Kaiulani was Hawaii's last and most loved princess, who died at an early age of 23.

It is apparent that the spirit of Kaiulani still exists throughut the hotel. The lobby of the hotel was beautiful. Many artifacts from the Princess Victoria Kaiulani's life were all about the hotel. Many photographs and oil paintings deicting the Princess and her life.

Every morning in the lobby, local artisans will come and display their wares: Local flowers woven into leis, a ukelele maker, and other various sorts of arts and crafts.

The hotel is centrally located to many areas of interest and the neighborhood in which it sits is quite safe for those who may be traveling alone.

The hotel also offers a "hospitality suite" for those who check out early but have a late departure time the Kaiulani provides a room for travelers to take a shower or just kick back unil your departure time. It is "First Come First Serve". There is also a computer center with free internet access. They ask when it is busy to please restrict your self to 15 minutes use.

Shearton Princess Kaiulani

by AdHocTravel about Shearton Princess Kaiulani

The Princess Kaiulani is one of four Shearton properties in Waikiki. I have found the staff be very warm and accomodating. Because it is across the street from the ocean (you can still have a great ocean view, see the pic with this tip) the rates are a bit better.

Honolulu: Princess Kaiulani Hotel: "Great Hotel,"

The Princess Kaiulani Hotel was a great experience from the time I entered until I left to return home. I stayed there in June 2003. I purchased a Vacation pachage through Expediathat included hotel/air/and car. After arriving in Honolulu, I picked up my car from the rental agency and drove to Waikiki. I checked in early in the afternoon and was upgraded to a better room from the one booked. The room was very clean and maintained. The location of the Hotel was near everything. The international Market place was next door,Denny's 1 block away, Great places to eat all around, and close access to the Freeway to get to anywhere you may want to go. The staff was great, always courteous and helpful with what ever my needs were. Although this Hotel was listed as a three star, I had a four star experience. I will vacation again in Hawaii and will stay at the Princess Kaiulani.

A terrific deal!

My husband and I stayed in the Sheraton Princess from March 6th to March 13th. Needless to say, I was very worried before our departure based on some of the reviews read on this website. To our surprise, our room was great: clean, spacious, quiet, with a nice lanai. Although the view was not spectacular because we took the cheapest deal on priceline, it was lovely for its value. The service was very professional. We got help for our travalling needs. Everybody was courteous and accommodating in spite of the large crowds we found during our stay. The location could not be better: in the hear of Waikiki, close to all the bus lines, and across the street from the beach. The swimming pool is small, but who needs a swimming pool when you have one of the best beaches literally two minutes walk from the hotel? Overall, great place to stay for its money value.

Comments