4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Booking.com Sheraton.com BookIt.com

Costs 68% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

Very enjoyable location

We enjoyed the location and the hotel is excellent. Caution though, after we checked out they tried to bill us for items taken from the mini bar even though we took nothing. Possibly the maid wanted a larger tip. We would certainly stay there again but, have the mini bar checked at departure.

• Onedragon's Profile Photo

SHERATON WAIKIKI

A GREAT AND POPULAR PLACE TO STAY. .AND WHY NOT IT IS RIGHT ON THE BEACH OF WAIKIKI.. THE HOTEL IS TOP NOTCH AND THE NIGHTCLUB IS AT A SUPER LOCATION TO DANCE AND WATCH THE WAVES UNDER A BEAUTIFUL SKY WITH MOONLIGHT TO LIGHTEN THE DELIGHT OF YOUR EYES!!!!

Unique Quality: 1695 rooms, 31 floors, Built 35 years ago (1971), Renovated 1 year ago (2005), Check In: 3:00 PM, Check Out: 11:00 AM

Directions: RIGHT OFF KALAKAUA AVE

• Waikiki high end

I stayed in Sheraton Waikiki 2 nights on January 25 and 26 , 2006, room NO. 2840.
    The room is newly renovated, of diamond head and ocean view. So I think that room is the best room to enjoy the best view of ocean and diamond head in Waikiki. I did not be annoyed of the construction work near this hotel. I recommend this hotel and above all
    this room so as to be relaxed in the room enjoying the view of Diamond Head and the Pacific Ocean, that is to say, gorgeous. Sheraton Waikiki is big. So you should select the best room to match your objective of travel.

Sheraton Waikiki checkout time is 11:00a.m. I will stay next 2 nights in Royal Hawaiian-
    the same group hotel. So I insisted on late checkout 2:00 p.m. Then the manager accepted it. I checked out at 1:30 p.m.

Unique Quality: Regaing the buffe breakfast, you can select the japanese food-tofu, miso-soup etc because many Japanese travellers stays there. So for me the buffe breakfast was very healthy and enjoyable.

• maryinutopia's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel with a Great View

I enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton Waikiki although there was a lot of construction going on at the time! The rooms were comfortable, the staff was friendly and the meeting rooms were excellent!

Unique Quality: The view from the balacony was awesome as you can see from the photo!

• rstary's Profile Photo

Great Deal at the Sheraton Waikiki

Very nice hotel that is right on the water and close to the exclusive shopping on Kalakaua Ave.

The room we had did not have an oceanview. We booked it using Hotwire.com and ended up with a price that was about half of the normal room rate. Of course, we didn't know it was going to be the Sheraton Waikiki when we booked it through Hotwire until we actually paid.

Unique Quality: They have two pools and you have nice views of the ocean.

Directions: Waikiki area

• I love the Sheraton Waikiki....

I love the Sheraton Waikiki. Every postcard picture of Waikiki is taken from there, what does that tell you? Best view anywhere, right on the beach and the biggest hotel with only a moderate room price.
    250.00

Unique Quality: Fresh water pool, right off the beach; enormous edifice so you can get the best view anywhere; nightly entertainment poolside so you can sit on your balcony and view the whole thing without leaving your room.

More about Sheraton Waikiki

Casual Luxury at the Sheraton Waikiki.

I recently visited Honolulu with my family, during which we stayed at the Sheraton Waikiki. Our suite was nice, clean, and had a great ocean view. The staff was very freindly and polite, and made the hotel feel like home. I liked the fact that it is a nicer hotel, yet many people walked through the lobby in nothing but a bathing suit. It was casual luxury at its best. The area around the hotel was great as well, with a lot of shopping and good eateries. I completely enjoyed my stay, as did my family. Next time we go to Hawaii, we will absolutly stay at the Sheraton Waikiki.

Faded Glory on the Beach Still Decent

by AKtravelers about Sheraton Waikiki

The Sheraton Waikiki looks like it was built 450 years ago when it actually had a beach in front of it (now the sand is gone and all there is is a sea wall). The service was great , the rooms adequate and the open lobby was pleasant, so I would recommend staying there if you want ocean front. As for the beach, you can just take the short walk to the beach in front of the Royal Hawaiian to lie out.

by Fun4you about Sheraton Waikiki

Nice and spacious rooms. Open lobby letting you feel the tropical breeze! Excellent location if you want to be in the heart of Waikiki. Lots of stores, and restaurants in walking distance as well as in the hotel. Hotel has suites on the end which are very spacious and look out over the ocean. There is also a pool at the hotel and several restaurants and a night club. Nightly luau show at the pool. If you want a more secluded hotel this is not the place to stay. Gorgeous views of Waikiki and Diamond Head. Centrally located.

At Sheraton WaikikiAt Sheraton Waikiki

the Sheraton Waikikithe Sheraton Waikiki

Hotel Sheraton WaikikiHotel Sheraton Waikiki

Honolulu Hotels

by bness001

Anyone have any preferences between the following two hotels in Honolulu:

Moana Surfrider

by Marianne2

I have stayed at both, and by far I prefer the last-century Victorian ambience of the Moana Surfrider. Do check ahead that they're not doing any major "facelift," though, as this could ruin any trip. By contrast, the Sheraton Waikiki is a faceless high-rise to me. However, even better, in my opinion, is the Royal Hawaiian, but their rates are sky-high.

by YVRDave

The Royal Hawaiian will be closing soon for a complete renovation til January.

I ave stayed at all 3 and will list them the same way as Marianne.
All are Starwood if that what you are looking for

by Marianne2

That's good to know ahead, Dave/Griff. I've gotten stuck a few times in hotels under renovation, and now it's something I always try to ask ahead about, because it can really spoil your stay.

by YVRDave

The Halekulani is also a Great hotel

by Hopkid

Keep in mind that the Surfrider also has a faceless modern add-on wing. Be sure to specify that you want a room in the historic portion of the hotel when you book.

Comments