2375 Ala Wai Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96815

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

• il_togno's Profile Photo

If You have to spend a couple of days in Honolulu

Room is not the best i have seen before....but is good for a couple of days. Any refurbishwill be appreciate.

Unique Quality: High speed free internet in the room is a very good idea, especially for the people that like me comes in Honolulu for a business trip.
    The waikiki sand villa is only 5 min by walk to the waikiki beach, after one day of work is beautiful to come in very short time to the beach and relaxing

More about Waikiki Sand Villa Hotel

Adequate lodging

by Shihar about Waikiki Sand Villa

The hotel was all we could hope for at a decent budget travel price! It was not overly nice but it had all the amentities we needed. Everything was in walking distance.

We had quite a fine stay.. Keep in mind because parking is limited in the city, parking is $15 a night.

Lounge was open until 4am!

During happy hour, mixed drinks were only $3.oo(normal size glasses; not water down)

Nice place, beautiful view

My best friend and I stayed at the Waikiki Sand Villa in May 2004. We had a pleasant time there and felt it was well worth what we paid. We had a room with a beautiful view of the canal and it seemed pretty quiet for Waikiki. The staff was friendly and didn't seem to mind when we made several requests (we changed our room, asked for an iron twice, asked for directions, etc.) We would definitely stay there again.

A good hotel for the price

by TripAdvisor Member shaunk2455

My girl and I stayed at the Waikiki Sand Villa from 04 May from 21 May with a package deal from Expedia. The hotel is a very clean and well kept place. The floor we stayed on (the 9th) the carpet wasn’t worn or soiled. The room was clean and made up everyday. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There was some confusion on the parking for Expedia customers. First they told me that if you booked on the internet you didn’t have to pay, but later they called me in the room saying they had made a mistake and I would have to after all. But I forgot to go down and pay so I never did. The parking area was really tight and hard to maneuver in. The refrigerator in the room didn’t work in the room; I was going to switch rooms but we never had anything to put in it. The breakfast wasn’t that bad. Yes, all it consisted of some assorted doughnuts, toast, some Danishes, coffee, juice, and tea but it was free. We thought the pool was great. The pool was surrounded by a variety tropical plants and trees which made for a nice backdrop. The hot tub was nice too. No problems with the A/C, shower, or towels. The hotel is only like a five minute walk from the beach and is in walking distance to many restaurants and shopping centers. A pretty nice view could be seen from the balcony in the room. Internet in the lobby isn’t free but you get 30 minutes if you buy a drink. Overall the hotel isn’t quiet a three star but was good enough for the price and for somewhere to stay. Nobody goings to Hawaii to stay in the hotel room all day anyway.

Happy Hour Party Place!

We are planning our second trip as a family to Honolulu this year. On our 1st vacation, we just went to the Isle of Oahu with plane tickets, and the rest was by chance. We had surfed the I-net for hotels out this way, and found the Sand Villa to be the best priced hotel. We took "The Bus" (Another 5* event as well!) from the airport into Waikiki, and walked the 2 blocks to the hotel. We were greeted with kindness and joy. When it came to the negotiations for our room, we found the price to be quite risky indeed! I flipped on my charm, and diplomatic charisma and haggled my room down to $62.50 per night from $86.00! We were impressed. The staff there is very reliable, as it was the 1st time I brought my full armada of computer assy's with me anywhere. Nothing was ever missing from our room! That really impressed me, as I had a fortune in computer assy's with me. Our most memorable encounter was with the bar tender, geez, forgot his name, young, slim, and 5' 8", blond... anyways, he is the best drink mixer on the island in my eyes! Try their Lava Flow! That's what I'm going back for! Anyways, right at the bar, ther is a bank of computers that our family was on. You just have to request a 1 hr coupon. So we surfed the net further about Waikiki and the island right from the bar, as well as kept in touch with family back home here in Canada! Our main focus with this hotel was not to stay there for our full vacation, but to use it just as a place to lay our bones to rest. We hoofed it all throughout Waikiki for 2 weeks, and found that the car rental we had was just a shear waste of money! There is no place to park a car, and the stalls are too narrow when you we able to find a spot to park. So this time we are going to use "The Bus" for 100% of our touring of the island. You can go anywhere around the island for only $1.00! Now that's value! I was able to create a beautifyul CD-Rom of my vacation, and my goal this time is to make a disc 2 CD-Rom of our vacation in only half the time!

So if it value for the money, ensure that you are able to book the Waikiki Sand Villa for your vacation to the Isle of Oahu! Well worth the stay!

Oh, did I mention that the pool is nearly always vacant, the morning breakfast is simple, but very filling, the front dest assistance is second to none! and they will even hold your luggage AFTER you check out of your room, such as this time our flight departs HNL @ 2225, so from 1200 - 1900, we will be able to take in the sun and fun with no room, but with the piece of mind that our luggage will be safe and secure with the front desk. That is what I call SERVICE!

This hotel may not be for you, but is sure was designed for The.Hiltner.Family in mind!

Other places I have traveled to:

1981 Honolulu (Slept on the beach over night) 4*
1981 London (Royal Wedding) 5*
1982 Germany (Wow, what beauty!) 4*
1995 Tel Aviv 1.5* (Too many guns!)
1997 Copenhaven 4.5*
1997 Lithuania 3*
1997 Dinesk Ukraine 2* (Like a time warp to 1953!)
1998 Mogideshu 0.5 (War lords suck!)
1998 Nirobi, Kenya 3.5 * (Polio & child poverty sucks!)
2000 Washington D.C. (Too many sierns!) 3*
2000 Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (Pre 9-11 = 5*) Post 9/11 = 2*
2003 Waikiki 5*
2004 Porto Vallarto, Mexico (Don't stay at the Decameron Los Cocos! Unless you plan on a 1 hour bumppy bus ride into the city to have fun! 2*
20 - 27 July 2004 Waikiki Again! ???* (5*+!!!)

Enjoy Life! You won't be around forever!

No longer 3 Stars

My husband and I were very excited to be going to hawaii for the first time. We knew we would be out and about, so we didn't mind paying a little less for a hotel, since we wouldn't be in it often. I have been planning this trip for a year. We couldn't afford a 5 star hotel, but we wanted at least a 3 star. The Waikiki was not only 3 stars(at the time), but it had really good reviews prior to us booking our trip. We arrived late on April 22, 2004. My husband was informed that since we booked our trip through expedia, we would not receive free parking, even though that was someting that was told on the website. i was a little upset. We get to the parking lot and there is no where to park. We go back upstairs and are told to just double park and leave your keys at the front desk. The last time I check I don't know those people let alone what kind of drivers they are. As mentioned in an earlier review, the are car scraps on everything. our room has stains everywhere, the toilet seat is broken on one side. We are given a room with a full size bed as well as a twin, when asked why this was done, that was all that was left. Even though I booked and paid for my trip 4 months ago. My husband and I made the most of our trip and even though the staff are really nice, we will NEVER stay there again. As on May 1, 2004, Expedia is now giving this hotel 2 stars, which i feel is more than enough.

Great honeymoon at this hotel

We stayed at this hotel in September 2003 and it exceeded our expectations! We had a great holiday overall and the hotel staff and guests are very friendly.

We booked direct with the hotel on their website and got a great room, with a corner balcony overlooking the gold course, mountains and diamond head.

The pool was great and even though the breakfast was a bit basic, it kept you going til you got to the all you can eat "Perry Smorgy" at the end of the road. There is also a small snack bar doing mainly japanese style stuff in the reception/bar area.

The hotel was only a 5 minute walk from the beach and you could walk there in your bikini and carry your lilo, it's so close.

We made use of the internet and bar when we stayed and the bar and reception staff are great. We got a special internet room rate for a corner balcony and free safe key because we booked online. The place even has a small launderette which comes in handy.

fine for the price

by TripAdvisor Member rockyroach

I was a little afraid to stay at the Sand Villa after some of the reviews I read while researching hotels in Honolulu. I decided to bite the bullet and stay there completely due to the price. We booked for 10 nights (Sept 22-Oct 2) through a travel agent and Fun sun vacations and got a room for $89 (canadian) per night. Ok.....the place is not the Hyatt so don't expect the Hyatt when you get there!! The rooms were clean and I felt safe there. The pool was nice and large. They offer a free continental breakfast but as others have stated, its not that great. It consists of powdered donuts, donut holes, fruit danishes and toast. You also have a choice of tea, coffee or juice(pineapple i think). Our room was on the 4th floor and had a partial view of the canal. We were going to upgrade to a higher room if we found it too noisy, but to be honest, the hum of the air conditioning drowned out most street noise so we stayed on the 4th. We had asked for a non-smoking room with a queen bed but got a smoking room with a king bed. It didn't smell of smoke at all so that was o.k. The bar in the lobby is fine and offers good happy hour specials and the free internet is great. The laundry room is kind of dingy but most people probably won't be there long enough to use it. The reception staff were o.k, Not overly friendly but we had very few dealings with them anyway. All in all, the hotel is fine and you really aren't there all that much. There are much nicer hotels but they are also alot more expensive. The location to the beach is about 3 blocks and it'll only take you about 5 minutes to walk there. I would probably not stay there again but only because I would probably want to try somewhere different next time(this was our first time in hawaii) . Hope this helps somebody who is trying to choose a hotel. I know I agonized over choosing a place for months before we went!!
P.S Take coffee, they only give it to you free once and then you have to buy it from the front desk!!

Great value for the money

I stayed here in June 2003 for a business trip. This was my first trip to Hawaii, and it was nice someone else was paying for the air and rooms, so I didn't want to book anything really expensive. The rate sounded great. I booked through my travel agent, and got one of those corner rooms facing the ocean and canal/mountains. While the A/C wasn't as cool as I wanted it to be, I just bought a small table fan for nighttime (I am always warm). The pool was terrific, the free internet was great, the bar was good, the breakfast Ok but free, and the location next to the canal and 3 blocks from the beach was great. The ice machine on my floor was broken and the carpet in the hall a little worn, but the room was clean and comfortable. Parking was tight but Ok. While it's not a Four Seasons or full-service Marriott I'm used to staying in for business, it's also not as expensive as them either! You get what you pay for. I am going back with my wife in March for a few days on Oahu (then to Mauii and the Big Island for a total of 2 weeks in Hawaii), we will stay here. We won't be in our room much, so I think it's a great deal. But I won't book on Expedia after reading these reviews!

Looking for good shopping:)

by deankristi

Hi there..
i am just looking for great places to shop, find clothes and other stuff..if anyone can give me directions and the names of the place that would b so great...we will be staying in the Marcs Suits in Waikiki.
Thanks

RE: Looking for good shopping:)

by UKDaisy

The Ala Moana Shopping Center is a nice place for shopping.
www.alamoana.com

You can get there using the Ala Moana Shopping Shuttle:
Provides convenient transportation between the Center and ten locations in Waikiki. Runs 7 days a week, every 8 minutes. Look for the Pink Line trolleys throughout Waikiki. Pickup at Ala Moana Center is at the Ala Moana Boulevard trolley depot. Cost is $2.00 each way. Pay fare on trolley. Please pay fare with exact change on trolley.

Shuttle Hours:
Monday - Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Shuttle Stops:
Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center
Duke Kahanamoku Statue
Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel
Ambassador Hotel of Waikiki
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Tapa Towers Bus Depot
Palms at Waikiki
Ilikai Hotel - on Ala Moana Blvd., adjacent to Ilikai Hotel

RE: RE: Looking for good shopping:)

by travelgourmet

Aloha, Ala Moana is a great tip, but only 2 blocks from your hotel is the DFS Galleria on Royal Hawaiian Ave. Past the Ala Moana Shopping Center is the Victoria Ward Center. See their website: http://www.victoriaward.com/shop.cfm Also a fun thing for tourist is to go to the hawaiian wear local legend store, Hilo Hattie's flagship store. See website:www.hilohattie.com Shop till you drop, then head for a beach bar. Aloha oe.

RE: RE: Looking for good shopping:)

by UKDaisy

If you shop at the DFS Galleria, make sure you bring your travel documents (I think they need to see passport and flight tickets) otherwise they won't let you buy anything.

Comments