House of Waterfalls

1478 Akialoa Place, Kailua, Hawaii, 96734, United States

• Disagree with previous reviews

My husband and I have stayed at House of Waterfalls twice - Nov. 2003 and Jan. 2008. We found the owners friendly and they didn't bother us - or watch us - at all. True, the house is a hodge-podge. In '03 there were 3 units. When we booked in '08 we were a bit confused because they had remodeled to take part of their living quarters and part of the unit we'd previously rented to make another unit, leaving only the bedroom/bath from the original unit. We were disappointed that the smaller room was then the same cost as the larger unit had cost in '03, but it was 5 years later.

While it is a bit strange to enter the unit through the bathrom, it was great to go right out to the patio. We ate at the large patio table every morning and evening. We found the yard to be quite large. The first visit my husband spend several quiet times in the hammock with our napping 1 year old grandson. On the second visit they were able to run around with big squirt guns from the shed. The pool is gorgeous! And sitting outside in the evenings with the wind stirring the many palm trees was very relaxing.

My biggest complaint from the second stay was not the owners fault: the guys in the next-door unit loudly loaded up their coolers, clinking beer bottles against ice every morning about 5 a.m.

We will be on Oahu next month and are considering stayng at House of Waterfalls again. It's not fancy but very nice. While I would also recommend reading the website and checking out the photos carefully (which I do with any rental), I would recommend the property if it seems to meet your needs.

Unique Quality: Gorgeous pool with dolphin tiles inset along the wall and a rock waterfall built into the pool edge.
    Exercise room.
    Great beach equipment available.
    Free laundry - detergent provided.

Directions: Residential area off main highway.

Comments