TownePlace Suites Boise Downtown

1455 S. Capitol Blvd., Boise, Idaho, 83706, United States
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Boise
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

More about Boise

Bicycles Parked at an 8th Street Java HouseBicycles Parked at an 8th Street Java House

8th Street Boise8th Street Boise

Platt Gardens Boise, IdahoPlatt Gardens Boise, Idaho

Meltwater used for valley floorMeltwater used for valley floor

tell me about boise?

by casteins

We have been researching Boise as a place to relocate with our family and would like to hear about it from someone who has lived there for awhile. Is it a good place to raise kids? Are the schools good? How is the weather? Traffic? Shopping? etc. We are currently living in Las Vegas and aren't very impressed! We are originally from San Diego. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

RE: Boise Idaho

by pargolfer

Hi,
I have lived in Boise for 35 years. Although I have been blessed with the opportunity to see much of the world it is always good to be back home in Boise. The schools are OK depending on the area you choose to reside. Teachers are not paid the best wage in public schools but there are some awesome private schools also. Both my children attended private schools and are now in pre med schools. Are your children in elementary or high schools? Its a great place to raise kids and very safe for children. Lots of parks and outdoorsy stuff. The weather is superb. Although we are surrounded by the sawtooth and seven devil mountains Boise lies in a valley and gets only 4 to 10 inches of snow at any one time which is usually January. By mid February I am golfing again locally. There is Rafting, Fishing, skiing, hiking etc... within 30 minutes of Boise. The traffic is a challenge but certainly no worse than I5 or I8 (the one that goes by qualcomm stadium)in San Diego. Vegas is a bit better to get around in. My advice to you is to take a couple of days and fly in. I would be happy to give you a tour and introduce you to the area. I can even set you up in the Holiday Inn for less than $40.00 per night. One of my closest friends is from San Diego and moved here with Walgreens 20 years ago. He loves it (but does miss Cardiff by the Sea, Torrey Pines and the Chargers). Hope this helps.
Rich

RE: tell me about boise?

by gbores

I've lived here most of my life except for times my career, school teacher/administrator, took me to neighboring states. Anyway, it is currently one of the fastes growing areas in the country. The Meridian School District, of which I was a part for many years, offers excellent educational opportunities. Unfortunately, it is also about the fastest growing district in the Northwest and the nation. Boise offers a nice blend of all four seasons with none too extreme. This, along with numerous other quality of life facets, is why people, especially from California, are flocking here in droves. Obviously, also a major factor is the huge difference if price in housing compared to California. We have friends who recently moved here from California, who like so many others, sold their home in California and paid cash for a home here with their profits which is a much nicer home than the one they had in California. There is a myriad of outdoor activities available. One can often ski part of the day and golf the other part during the spring. The 20 mile greenbelt along the Boise River is great. If you'd like more specifics, feel free to contact me.

Travel Tips for Boise

I got a soap made out of...

by talullah

I got a soap made out of Idaho's famous potatoes! I still haven't used it, though... I was afraid leaves will suddenly sprout from my back if I did. Haha! :)) Getting to watch a real live rodeo! Yeehaw!

Ribs and great service.

by crazyk about Goodwood Barbecue.

Probably has the best service in Boise, if your glass of water is an inch low, they are there to fill it immediately.
Really good food, there are two locations, one by the Edwards Cinemas on Entertainment Way and one at the Meridian Crossroads, the one in Meridian is much quieter than the Boise location, but the food is excellent at both. The smoked prime rib.

Theatrics of the City of Trees: Fulton Street

by museberry

Fulton Street Theatre: (Also known as Boise Contemporary Theater) Fantastic showings by Boise professional actors and directors, shows are intimate and "nose bleed seats" do not exist.

Performance Days: Wednesday-Saturday
Box office is open 2 hours prior to show time for will call and ticket purchases.
To purchase tickets in advance go to: www.ictickets.com

Price range from $25-$35
Wed., Thurs., Saturday Matinee discounts available.
Previews: $10-$20

Overall a nice evening out and with the newly opened BODO (large shopping and dining area a short walk away) you're guaranteed to enjoy.

More than just potatoes.

by avanutria

I lived in Boise for six months on an internship. When I told my classmates where I was going, I heard no end to the potato jokes. But Idaho was surprisingly delightful, and if factors in my life had pointed in other directions I easiy could have moved here permanently.

Boise has a lot to offer. From multiple arts and music festivals to a thriving downtown area, to gorgeous landscapes. Daytime in summer lasts till nearly 10 PM because it is so close to the Pacific time zone border. The clear nights are perfect for stargazing, and there are astronomy clubs open to anyone. Skiing and hot air ballooning are two of the many popular sports in the area. I even got to take broadsword lessons at a local armour shop for reenactors! Sadly I think that one has closed down by now, but it was fun while it lasted.

Comments