2300 West Seltice Way, I-90 Exit 11, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, 83814, United States
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene
IHG Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Coeur D Alene I-90 Exit 11

Very comfortable night in Coeur d'alene

by TripAdvisor Member MrsTaco

We didn't have a reservation but after a long day of driving, pulled over in Coeur D'alene and the holiday inn happened to have a cancellation. We didn't stay at any other chain hotels on our trip but we were totally delighted with our night at the holiday inn. Very clean, very comfortable, and I love that they have done away with typical hotel bedspreads and are using white sheets as duvet covers because those can be washed! Very clean and that is a nice high end touch. Since we were just crashing for the night, we didn't check out the lake or anything, but it seems like the location of this property is good. The breakfast in the morning was not that great, mostly very sugary or high fat processed items although there was some cereal and fresh fruit - definitely a large variety and it seemed like the families with kids were really happy with the breakfast.

One of the best by far!

by TripAdvisor Member runnerclm

I can't praise this hotel enough! We stayed there on a 2 week roadtrip throughout the West in August, and it was by far one of the most memorable places we stayed at. The location was convenient, the decor was very pretty, the room was very clean and nicely furnished, and the breakfast bar the next morning was by far the best of ANY we had on the whole trip. But what really impressed us was the staff! We asked for a reccomendation for dinner, and they not only had suggestions, but called ahead for us for reservations, which was a good tip because it was Saturday night and this was a very popular Italian restaurant. When we got back to the hotel they were just removing fresh-baked cookies from the oven, you could smell them throughout the lobby (!), but we were on our way up to our room and did not want to wait for them. In about 10 minutes there was a knock at the door and the desk manager had a plate of fresh, warm cookies for us! The next morning in our rush to get back on the road, we accidentally left a trash-bag full of dirty clothes in the room. We did not discover this until we stopped in Butte, Montana that night. My husband called back to the hotel to see if anyone had turned it in, all the while I am telling him that nobody is going to turn in a bag of clothes, there were some expensive women's jeans in there. Sure enough, the desk manager asked him to describe the contents, and YES, the housekeeping staff had turned it in!! I was shocked and a little ashamed at my lack of faith in humanity! The desk manager said they would box it up, use my credit card and address that was on file, and send it to our house. Everything we left was waiting for us at our home when we got back! What a great experience at this hotel. I HIGHLY reccomend it if you are in the area.'/

Lives up to the great reviews

by TripAdvisor Member Rosebud

We stayed in this hotel in August primarily because of all of the great reviews it received..and it live up to all of them and then some. The rates were very reasonable as well. I normally like to stay somewhere in the downtown area so we will be within walking distance to dining and shopping. While it was a short drive to town, parking and access was very convenient. What you might not realize about this hotel is that there is a bike trail right accross the street. There are some concrete barriers that hide it from view. We read about the bike trial that goes from Regis(?) Montana all the way to Washington state right through Coeur d"Alene and then we saw a couple of bikers riding down the trail. After some investigation we found it ran right next to the HI Express. It was perfect for an early morning walk before hitting the breakfast bar. You can eat breakfast on a lovely patio just out back. You really feel like you are in a more rural area than you are. It was the best of all worlds.

Great

by TripAdvisor Member GWDixon

This hotel is only a year old and is top notch. It is spacious, the staff is attentive, and the rooms clean, quiet, and comfortable. The continental breakfast was a significant level above those at other Holiday Inn Expresses at which we have stayed. Although it borders the freeway there was no freeway noise in the room.
We arrived at noon and had missed resetting our time from Montana but check-in was no problem. They pleasantly changed our room to one that was ready. When we came back down for our luggage the manager asked if our room was satisfactory and she was cheerily engaging.
The hotel amenities are the usual fare for this chain with Firewire Internet, a good selection of TV channels, and so forth.
The area is in development so there are views of construction sites at this time. However, the hotel was nicely landscaped and adjoined a grove of trees.
Outback Steakhouse was the only nearby restaurant and was not a walkable experience with the lack of sidewalks and heavy traffic.

Great Place

by TripAdvisor Member lyfournier

My wife and children decided to take a quick trip down to the Coeur d'Alene area for the first time in a long time.
We always fear the worst when we book a hotel on line, if we have never stayed in it before. However, we thought "were only staying a few nights", so we decided to give it a chance.
What a surprise! We were not aware that the Hotel was so new. This however was not the biggest surprise. From the moment we arrived, the staff, were extremely helpful and friendly.
We were so impressed with everything, that we decided to stay an extra night. I would highly recommand this hotel to any of my friends.

Wonderful Place

by TripAdvisor Member MSWMom50

My husband and I stayed here for two nights during the first week of October 2007 after completing a road trip through the Canadian Rockies. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. It is obvious that the management and staff have put alot of effort into making this a top notch hotel. I have always been partial to Holiday Inn Express, but this was my favorite of all I have stayed at. The hotel common areas and room were very pleasant and attractive. The breakfast is one of the best I have seen; many choices in a large room. On our way out of the hotel one night I was surprised to see that the hotel staff were barbequeing hamburgers for guests. They were also providing side salads as well for a complete meal. We were not told about this previously and had other meal plans, but the staff said that they have a BBQ for guests one night a week. I also saw signs about movie nights and there were fresh baked cookies and milk in the evenings. We received a very good rate for this hotel, less expensive than most other Holiday Inn Expresses I have stayed at. Coeur d' Alene is a very nice town to visit. I highly recommend the boat tour on the lake as you get to see much of the lake and interesting sights of the town. Also recommend the Cedars Floating restaurant for a great meal and water view and if you love hamburgers Hudson's Hamburgers downtown for a unique meal.

Best Holiday Inn Express Ever

by TripAdvisor Member ssmithwarner

Wonderful staff, very clean room, comfortable bed. Stayed 3 nights, wished we could have stayed longer. Pool and hot tub were open 24 hours. After our all day meetings, wonderful to relax with a swim.

Great Staff, Great Rooms, Noisy Guests....

by TripAdvisor Member jcall

We were traveling to the Coeur D'Alene / Post Falls area looking for real estate and we decided to spend two nights here. I found a coupon on a website which gave us a room with two queen beds for $59! We booked two at that price.
The location is great, located just off of exit 11 and next door to the new RiverStone complex which has a great movie theater, multiple dining options, and lots of new construction.
The exterior of the hotel is very welcoming with a waterfall out front and pits that they light with fire every night.
The lobby was very nice and warm. The front desk staff was terrific. Lexi checked us into our rooms, but I spoke with Andrea probably the most at the desk. They were all very friendly and knew a lot about the area and restaurants.
We had rooms 301 & 305. Both were very lovely, clean, fresh, and very cozy. The bathrooms were more than I expected from a Holiday Inn Express. Marble counters and marble bath / showers with lots of toiletries including mouthwash, lotion, soap, shampoo, conditioner, shoe mits, and make up removers. The rooms were normal hotel size with nice bedding and two different types of pillows. The rooms also included a mini refrigerator, microwave, and coffee makers.
Breakfast was great with a wide selection of hot items including bacon, scrambled eggs, cheese omelets, biscuits and gravy, sausages, and pigs in a blanket. There were plenty of cinnamon rolls and other goodies which the staff stocked very well. Surprisingly, they offered a wide selection of teas which were actually pretty decent.
Hallways were bright and clean along with all of the other public areas.
My only complaint which the staff really had no control over, was the unbelievable amount of kids staying at the hotel. We heard from another guest that they have birthday parties there all the time. We were really looking forward to using the pool and hot tub, but every time we passed the lobby and pool area, it was PACKED with screaming kids!! There was never a time that it wasn't full. The pool area wasn't the only area full of kids. They were wandering the halls without parents, banging on doors, yelling, running, playing in the elevator, AHHHH!!!
Again, it was not the hotel's fault that the parents couldn't control their kids and that they were in the pool 24 hours a day, but it was a little annoying for us. Not that big of a deal, it did not interfere with our stay. We will most likely be back if we can get the same rate. $110 a night is a little steep, but some of the suites for a few dollars more offer a better value.

Wonderful, friendly place!

by TripAdvisor Member MTwandereratheart

My husband & I have stayed at this Holiday Inn Express several times and are always happy. The staff is great, always friendly! The hotel is comfortable and clean. My only recommendation is to stay on the 2nd or 3rd floors. This time we stayed on the bottom floor with a 2nd door to outside. There was a lot of noise from the outside parking lot, and there must have been an elephant staying in the room above us. We treated ourselves to the jetted tub/fireplace suite last year and it was more than worth it! The fireplace is open glass on both sides so it can be viewed from the bedroom or sitting room. Very cozy!

It really was that good!

by TripAdvisor Member Hockeymom11

We were in Post Falls for a Hockey Tourney in March and I've been an avid reader of this website but never posted. Our stay was so good I had to post! The hotel was spotless, the staff very helpful, the facilities top notch and great Complimentary Breakfast! The 24 hour pool was a new concept to us and greatly appreciated after playing hockey! We liked it so much we stayed two extra days and then booked ahead that the one in Kallispell! We'll be back!

Comments