6160 N. Sunshine Street, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, 83815, United States
Expedia.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Coeur d'Alene

Panhandle National Forest 12/25/2009 Fernan RoadPanhandle National Forest 12/25/2009 Fernan Road

Room 110 clean and comfortableRoom 110 clean and comfortable

TremorsTremors

Travel Tips for Coeur d'Alene

Bike Trip of a lifetime - Day 1

by Camping_Girl

"So excited to be on our way!"

Our first day of travel took us from Nanton, Alberta Canada all the way to CDA Idaho. What an amazing ride! Stopped at Moyie, BC for lunch at Kokanee Cove Hotel. Had a great steak and a cold beer overlooking Moyie Lake. After a ridiculously long delay at the Kingsgate border crossing (I mean, we're on a Harley - right???? We MUST be smuggling something!) we arrived in Sandpoint Idaho around 2:00 pm. Plenty of time for me to do some power shopping. I LOVE shopping in Sandpoint!

After shopping we stopped for a quick brew at Mick Duff's downtown - a new brew pub. We liked their IPA, but not crazy about the wheat ale.

We decided that there was still enough time left in the day to ride to CDA, so we headed out of Sandpoint around 4:00 pm.

Dinner in CDA was at the Iron Horse Bar & Grill. The food was superb. I had the crab cakes, hubby had Cobb Salad. Both were excellent. They have a unique outdoor seating area, where you can watch people walking past on the sidewalk & the cars going past on the street. It was a fun evening and the best part - NO HELMET LAWS!!! What a feeling, to ride down the street with your hair blowing in the wind.

Got to see a couple of Boss Hoss's for the first time - that's a whole lotta bike! Bumper sticker on one said "Yes, it's fast. And, no, you can't ride it."

(See my Baker City, Oregon page, Lewiston, Idaho page, and Bigfork, Montana page for details on the rest of this trip.)

Comments