115 South 2nd Street, PO Box 7200, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, 83814, United States

AMOMA.com Travelocity Expedia.com

• All Hype No Delivery

Going from the website you'd think this place was one step away from heaven. The reality was much different. When I reported that the front door was broken and could not be easily opened - I was ignored for the entire duration of the visit. I requested a different room and was told "no". You'd think that they would at least offer to put me up at a near hotel. The phone was broken - also no response. When I asked about wireless - they asked what room I was in did not support that - but I could sit in the lobby if I wanted to.
    Anytime I asked a question or sought help I was asked what room I was in - I finally came to understand that my room number determined the type of treatment I received from the hotel staff.
    What a disappointment. Our family had actually considered a huge family reunion there - after our actual experience there - forget it.

• cdamountaineer's Profile Photo

Coeur d'Alene at the Finest

If you are looking for upscale and fancy than this is the place. Rooms start at $250 a night and go to $5000. Good food at the restaurants there, but not great. The service is great, the spa is to die for if you have hundreds of dollars to blow on pampering. I would recommend the Resort to anyone looking to be pampered.

Unique Quality: The views of the lake from the Resort are great. The pools and spa are superb.

Directions: Downtown on the lake, can't miss it.

More about The Coeur d'Alene Resort

Worst Experience Ever

by TripAdvisor Member Skiprob

Letter sent to the President of Coeur d'Alene - No response received.

October 16, 2006
Mr. Jerry Jaeger
President - Hospitality
Hagadone Corporation
111 S First St
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83816
Dear Mr. Jaeger:
I am writing this letter to share a recent experience my wife and I had at your Coeur d’Alene Resort. Early last spring we decided to take a vacation and visit Washington and Idaho. The central focus and “high point” of the vacation would be three days at your resort, so I called and made reservations for “a room on a high floor in the tower with a lake view”. I then proceeded to plan the rest of our trip around those booked dates.
We flew into Seattle on Saturday, September 23rd and spent a relaxing three days driving across Washington to Idaho. We arrived at your resort at 1:30 PM on Tuesday, September 26th and attempted to check in at that time. Our receptionist was a young woman named Kelly. Kelly told us that our room was not ready and that check in was at 4 PM. We gave Kelly our cell phone number and went to your Dockside restaurant for lunch. After lunch (around 2:30), we returned to the reception area across from Kelly’s desk and I asked her if our room was ready. She asked me who I was and again told me our room was not ready. For the next hour, my wife and I sat in the reception waiting area and watched numerous people check into the hotel and get their rooms. At 3:30, I again approached Kelly to ask about the status of our room. She again asked me to identify myself and again told me that our room was not ready. At 4:10, I approached Kelly again and asked the status of our room since it was now past check in time. She again asked who I was and told me that our room was still not ready. When I asked what the problem was, she replied “Well, I’m sure I don’t know”. At that point I asked to see a manager, told her where I was sitting and returned to the reception waiting area. As I walked back to my seat, my wife observed Kelly look at me, make a face and make a comment to the girl sitting at the next desk.
Kelly then disappeared behind a wooden partition and stayed there for about 10 minutes. Around 4:20 she reappeared with a key and told my wife and me that our room was ready. I asked her if this was the type of room we had reserved or if this was a room they had “found” for us and she assured me this was the room we had reserved. At no time was my request to see a manager honored. We proceeded to our room (468) and found we had been assigned a room on a low floor with a view of the blue boat slip covers. Needless to say we were under whelmed. When I called the front desk and asked for a different room, I was told there were no other rooms available and that they might be able to find us something different on Wednesday.
We left the room and decided to walk around town and where we had drinks and then dinner. Upon returning to our room around 8 PM we decided to make it an early night since we had been driving most of the day. When we turned down the bed, imagine our surprise and disgust at finding the sheets and several pillow cases soiled with feces and blood. Housekeeping was called and they immediately changed all the bed linens. To say our “relaxing getaway” was ruined is an understatement. The next morning when we found that we had received an Express Checkout statement under our door, it did not take us long to dress, pack and leave your resort.
My wife and I have traveled all over the world and I will tell you that this has absolutely been the worst experience we have ever had with any of our lodging choices. Our room rate was $379.00 per night plus tax. Also included was a “surcharge” of $18.95 (I have no idea what that was for) and a $15.00 per night charge for parking (at a $400 per night resort in the middle of Idaho, parking ought to be included).
To say my wife and I were disappointed is an understatement. Your staff does not understand the meaning of service or of effective communications. To have a request to see a manager not responded to immediately is an insult and to allow filthy, used bed linens to remain on a bed is beyond comprehension. The anticipated “high point” of our vacation quickly turned into “the low point” for all our travels.
If our experience is any indication of your “Customer Service” corporate philosophy and mission, I am amazed you are still in business.

why didn't we check trip advisor first?!

we used trip advisor last summer and had a great experience in seattle! last weekend my husband and i just wanted a one night stay fairly close to home ( cda is an hour away ) for my 40th bday. forgot about checking out resort reviews on trip advisor. i remember what a hot spot it was when i went to college there in the late 80's----the entire place looks exactly the same! it is so dated and boring; strange layout for checking in also. while we waited in line, we overheard a guest who had just come back down from his room ask for the manager. he told him there was pee and a cigarette butt in his toilet, the room was stinky and there were muffin crumbs that hadn't been cleaned up. not a good sign, but our room seemed clean enough when we went up.
the big problem was there were 2 double beds, when we had confirmed via phone that very morning we would receive a king. we called the front desk immediately and were told that the employee should not have confirmed a king. she said the only thing she could do was put us on a waiting list and big surprise, we were stuck with the room-no kind of compensation. there was one extremely filthy drinking glass. the heater was really hard to get to the right temp, finally we got it right and warmed up.
we had also spent a little extra for a 'deluxe extra-large room with wall-to-wall lake views'-----not really how it is. fairly small room with big pillars and overhang outside that you had to bend down to see much of the lake.
the 2 positives were that the room was very quiet and we had a fabulous dinner upstairs at beverlys. but for the money, every other place we've stayed at-seattle, san francisco, sandpoint, oregon coast, maui, gig harbor, spokane and southern idaho-all have been a better value! we will eat at beverlys again but will never stay at the 'resort'. also, don't look too closely if you use the pool, hot tub, sauna......old, rusty, moldy. cda is a great town, its too bad the resort has gone downhill.

Still My First Choice for Coeur d'Alene

by TripAdvisor Member spokanetraveller

After seeing some poor reviews, I almost booked elsewhere. But, being in Spokane, the Coeur d'Alene resort has always defined downtown Coeur d'Alene
for it. It is on the main street, on the beach, and is the focal point of the town.

So I figured that even if the room was terrible, it would still be worth it for the location.

I can tell you it does not deserve the poor reviews we read. It is outdated only if you consider 1980s to be outdated. I can't tell the difference myself between 1980s style and today's style. The furniture was not scratched, the carpet was not torn, there was no obvious signs of age that I saw.

We booked directly through the hotel's website. We got a rate of $99 per night for a weekend. When we checked in, they automatically upgraded us.
It must have been a light weekend. Parking was something like $12 per night but we always found free street parking within 3-4 blocks.

Besides being a nice place, you are on the main street and can walk to everything. You can explore downtown on foot. The world's longest boardwalk is outside, and pleasant to walk on. You can hike up Tubb's hill. You can walk along the beach and through the Fortgrounds area. You can rent a motorboat. You can take a scenic plane ride. You can take a boat ride, all from the hotel.

I had two minor complaints with the room. 1) I didn't care for having a sliding pocket door to the bathroom, with a lock that didn't seem to work;
and 2) I could not figure out how to adjust the thermostadt--pushing buttons on it didn't seem to do anything--as far as I can tell, the hotel sets the
temperature.

But you have nice tile in the bathroom, everything was clean, staff was helpful and polite, there was a clock radio, TV, mini-bar, shampoos and soaps, everything you'd expect. They were always opening the front door for us. I just can't see that a motel should get a better rating than this excellently located resort--come on, you've got to be kidding me. I felt it was an excellent value.

The resort has a nice fireplace in the lobby and coffee bar, an excellent restaurant upstairs called Beverly's, and a restaurant with marina views on
the lobby level. There is also a skywalk (or you can walk outside and cross the street) to a small mall which has a very good Italian restaurant called
Tito Macaroni's. An excellent restaurant on the main street is called The Wine Cellar--but it gets very crowed so get there early. We also had some
good Greek food at a Gyro place on the street behind the main street (away from the hotel).

Please don't confuse this place with the Coeur d'Alene Resort Casino--though that is a new hotel and would probably be a fine place to stay if you prefer
gambling to being on a lake, but it is not in Coeur d'Alene, it is in Worley, ID, about 20 miles away. They call it Coeur d'Alene because it is run by
the Coeur d'Alene tribe.

I would have no problem recommending the resort to friends or family.

3 times and still loving it!

by TripAdvisor Member planegirl

I don't understand the negative reviews, this was our third stay and we will be back.
Our first stay was March 2003, our second stay was May 2004, and we just got back from a weekend stay May 21, 2006. We have stayed in both the Deluxe and Premier rooms. We have also had family members who have stayed in Traditional, Superior and Premier with fireplace rooms. All the rooms that we have seen or stayed in are very nice. Our last two trips were booked as golf packages, so we felt that we got an exceptional rate. Every single employee that we have come in contact with has been friendly and helpful. The food and service at all of the restaurants was above average. The golf course is beautiful. If I had to say one bad thing about our stays it would be about the weather, but that can't be controlled.

Coeur d'Alene Resort was fantastic!

by TripAdvisor Member missmaggiesmom

I planned a meeting at the Coeur d'Alene Resort for May 2006. After reading so many extremely negative reviews I was very concerned that the attendees wouldn't be happy with the resort. The complete opposite was true. I heard nothing but rave reviews, and they already are talking about wanting to return. I attended the meeting as well and had the same reaction. The hotel has a very attractive lobby area and other public space. The rooms in the tower appeared to be newly remodeled and were VERY nice. I didn't have an opportunity to see rooms in the older building so can't comment on those. The staff were unfailingly friendly and helpful. The lobby coffee area was a great touch and a real convenience, and the other dining facilities were quite good. This doesn't interest the vacation traveler, but the banquet food was among the best I've ever had in over 20 years of meeting planning. On top of all this, the resort has a spectacular setting on the lake and is only a block from restaurants and shops. My only regret is that I wasn't able to spend extra time exploring the area and enjoying the resort.

Best Stay on a 2 Week Road Trip

by TripAdvisor Member IrishFlair

We did a 2 week road trip from San Diego with part of our travels going through Idaho. Our best stay the entire trip was the Coeur d'Alene Resort. We had no reservations though we arrived right at the beginning of High Season (May) but, apart from a wedding, things were pretty quiet. Hubby asked the manager on duty for his "best price" and we got one of their newly renovated tower rooms on the 16th floor overlooking beautiful Lake Coeur d'Alene for less than half price. And our dog (a well behaved cocker spaniel) was included in the price though normally there's a $50 charge for pets.

The hotel was still under going some renovation with carpets being replaced in the main lobby as well as some elevator repair going on. But the room we were in was top notch with an electric fireplace, flatscreen TV and sunken living room area. The bath had a seperate tub and stand alone shower and extras were offered like terrycloth robes and a morning paper. The mini fridge (and snack basket) was full of goodies and there were several bottles of water, all for a fee, but room enough for us to put in a cold pack or two for our cooler.

I can see why others would balk at staying here for full price as the price tag can be quite daunting but for what we paid and what we got, I'd come back in an instant and try my luck getting a "deal" again.

Loved the Coeur d'Alene Resort!

by TripAdvisor Member shooting_star32

We stayed at the Coeur d'Alene Resort for two nights in July 2006. We were absolutely impressed with every aspect. We had booked a deluxe "mountain view" room which did indeed offer a view of the surrounding mountains, but we were pleasantly surprised to also have a beautiful view of the dock where the resort's cruise ferries docked each evening. The bay window included a cushioned seating area which was perfect for enjoying the view.

The mini-bar was wonderfully stocked with many snacks and beverages. Room service was great - breakfast came within five minutes of the requested time. We called the front desk to mention they had forgotten to provide cream with our tea. The staffer was incredibly apologetic, and cream was delivered within minutes.

The Dockside restaurant had quite the menu selection and provided hearty portions for the cost. Try their famous "18 feet long salad bar."

The newly-renovated spa is wonderful. We made an appointment for a couples' hot-stone massage with less than 24 hours' notice. Very courteous and professional were the spa staff, like all staff at the resort.

Finally - on our last evening we booked a sunset dinner cruise through the concierge desk. For less than $40 US each, we got a full buffet dinner with roast beef and salmon, and a two-hour cruise around the lake. Absolutely worth every penny.

Comments