Holiday Inn Express Arlington Heights

bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Another HI Express

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 30, 2011

Holiday Inn Express, as a chain, is pretty consistent. However, as the chain gets older, there are some properties that have been poorly managed and have gone into disrepair. This is not one of those properties though.
I got this through Hotwire at the last minute when we decided we were going to come up a night early. I paid roughly $40 base for the room and got two doubles.
Check-in was probably the quickest I've ever been checked in anywhere. Good thing too, because we were coming off a long drive and the last thing I wanted was to chit-chat with a front desk clerk.
The room was nice, the internet worked well, things were clean, and the bed was comfortable. That's all I can ask for.
We hit the breakfast in the morning and they had the usual HI Express fare, including rice and some Japanese soup base. There's a great Japanese supermarket basically across the street, and it seems to be a hotel popular with Japanese, so I guess that's why. Kind of a nice surprise, and not unique to this hotel (we moved across the street the next night and they had the same setup).
East on/off I-90 and traffic isn't ridiculous most times of the day on the streets around there. Plenty of restaurant options (the food court in that Japanese supermarket is great) around, some even walkable.

Unique Quality: Very nice lobby and good staff

• Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Airport Transportation

Arlington Heights Travel Forum

Need advice about Arlington Heights, Illinois? Visit the Travel Forum for Arlington Heights and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Arlington Heights hotel reviews