2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Wingate by Wyndham Arlington Heights
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

More about Arlington Heights

Crowd Watching Races at Arlington Race TrackCrowd Watching Races at Arlington Race Track

Infield at Arlington Race TrackInfield at Arlington Race Track

Train Depot at Arlington Park TrackTrain Depot at Arlington Park Track

GardensGardens

Advice on hotel for 3-4 week stay

by thrbuddhas

Apparently there are a million hotels in Arlington Heights! I'm having a lot of trouble picking one. I don't have to stay in AH, but I will be visiting a medical facility in this town 3-5 days a week for 3-4 weeks, so anything within 30 min works for me.

I'm so PARANOID about hotel cleanliness PLUS I have severe dust allergies, so a newer or newly renovated hotel is better for me. Plus I am a young woman who will be traveling alone, so the friendlier/more helpful the hotel staff, the better for me.

I'm so concerned about cleanliness that I'm even considering staying in Bolingbrook where a new Aloft is opening on Nov 5, but that's potentially an hour's drive each way. Any suggestions on if this location is totally crazy based on traffic patterns? Better yet, can anyone suggest an immaculate hotel for me? I'm looking for something around $100 per night.

Thanks!!!!!

by Dabs

You might have a look at some of the reviews on Trip Advisor, it appears there are about 10 hotels in Arlington Heights, the Doubletree might be a good option for you as everyone seems to mention cleanliness.

Would I commute from Bolingbrook to Arlington Heights for 3-4 weeks? No but I don't have issues with allergies and I've never had a problem with a hotel's cleanliness either. Mapquest says its about 44 minutes, presumably with good traffic

by riorich55

I live next to Bolingbrook and work next to Arlington Heights and it takes me 40 minutes for my morning commute of 27 miles (6:20 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.) In the afternoon it takes me 45 to 50 minutes (4:30 p.m. to 5:20 p.m.). I wouldn't deal with the drive as there are many hotels in the Arlington Heights area.

I work in Schaumburg which has many hotels due to the fact that there are many businesses in the area and also a very large shopping mall (Woodfield). You might want to consider staying at one of the hotels in Schaumburg. They have a very new Hilton Garden Inn and Suites if you are looking for something new where no one has ever smoked inside.

by Dabs

Schaumburg is a good suggestion location wise if Arlington Heights doesn't work out, plus there are a lot of good restaurants in the area including branches of some of the well known Chicago restaurants like Wildife, Shaw's and Big Bowl.

Travel Tips for Arlington Heights

The Tote Board in the Infield

by deecat

Please click on the photo, to really see the Tote Board

In the Infield at Arlington International Race Track, there is a huge, multi-paneled (6) Tote Board that tells you what you need to know.

First of all, it lists all the horses with their ODDS, which are constantly updated. In addition, it tells you what the special bets will pay. For instance, the Daily Double Pay-out, the Superfecta Pay-out, etc.

There's a huge clock that tells you how many minutes are left until the "horses reach the post. It also replays the race, especially if it is a "photo finish" so you can judge for yourself who won. So, when you are at the race track, keep your eye on the TOTE BOARD so that you are always up-to-date and aware of the odds, the payouts and the time.

Don't forget your ticket

by kaloz

For the fall weather, pack warm clothes and foul weather gear Long lenses are needed to catch the action, even if it distorts the depth. Portrait lenses are fine in the paddock, and wide angle for the vistas. If you are in for the races, bring your ticket, Daily Racing Form, Binoculars, money, and cigars!!

Suburban Chicago

"Arlington Heights"

Arlington Heights is a northwest suburb of Chicago not too far from O'Hare airport. We've yet to visit it's most famous attraction, Arlington Racetrack, for horse racing but we've gone there to eat several times, most recently to the Mitsuwa Asian food court.

Comments