Bloomington Hotels

• InsideoutTraveler profile photo InsideoutTraveler
  • Reviews: 9

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Wampler House: Indiana University Lodging

I came to Bloomington to attend a conference at the University. I was lucky to find this very convenient lodging while I was in town. The Wampler house is clean and very well attended - the hostess Diana was gracious and very warm. She was chatty and asked me what I would like to drink and showed me a basic beverage bar that was accessible all day & night by guests, which is pretty nice compared to the big hotels that will charge you $4 for a bottle of water in your room.
The room I had, the Dillman room, was very nice, if not a little on the frilly side for me. The bed had a large lace canopy, and a very clean, nice bathroom with a big tub! The room also connected to the library, which was a real bonus and made the stay feel very luxurious.
There was also a breakfast served every day. Diana was more than willing to buy soy milk for my breakfast, as I cannot drink milk. Everything else was delicious, and I felt like the breakfast we got was such a great bonus to a room that is $150/night. I think this is about how much it costs to stay at a well positioned hotel, and the fact they do not give you ANYTHING besides location (including parking! They will charge you every time!) I felt like I found a little gem in Bloomington with the Wampler House!

The Wampler House has a very nice and traditional library, and a delicious breakfast included in the price of the room. They will also provide in-room massage and spa therapy. I didn't have one, but it sounded nice!

• Opinion of Price: about average