Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Champaign-North

Assembly HallAssembly Hall

Memorial StadiumMemorial Stadium

This Weekend

by Marisola

I'll be in Champaign this weekend visiting U of I.

Any recommendations for what I should see? I don't

want to miss anything!

Thanks!

RE: This Weekend

by yooperprof

For a nice dinner, there's a restaurant in downtown Champaign that I've liked, "Radio Maria." Also, check out the Krannert Center - they may be some excellent theatre/music/dance performances going on. For breakfast/brunch, the place to go is in Urbana, the Courier Cafe.

RE: This Weekend

by Pappy17

At the U of I website, there's a calendar of events:

by jmhenry1123

I-L-L-I-N-I Go Illini!!

Libacious activities: Brother's Bar, Murphy's Bar, Legends, Firehaus

Cultural activities: Krannert Center. I believe they have a ballet, an opera and a play going on all at the same time, the weekend of Nov 11-13. I loved the Krannert Center when I was a student there. Krannert Art Museum or Spurlock Museum are also good visits.

University type areas: the Illini Union has food, bowling and usually some kind of evening entertainment. The alma mater for an obligatory photo. The Quad for crazy squirrels and flying frisbees. The library, both main and undergraduate (it's underground). Funny story about why it is underground. To build it above ground would have cast shade on the MORROW PLOTS!!! The hemisphere's oldest experimental corn field! This would be a very bad thing. That corn has been growing there even before Lincoln was president! The Illini Union Bookstore is also good for souvenir shopping.

by Marisola

Thanks a lot! I'll definitely be checking out the Krannert Center this weekend, and maybe one of the restaurants, too! Merci beaucoup!

by Marisola

Thanks for the advice... I hope to hit all of those places this weekend! :)

Travel Tips for Champaign

You should head for Campus,...

by captjohn

You should head for Campus, lots of great places to eat and great night life. Pizza is what I miss, so many different kinds. I lived in St. Joe just east of Champaign from 1974-1978 and went to high school there. Many great times were spent in Champaign as a teenager just driving around Campus. I miss the friends I made at that time the most. I think the best friends are made in High school and to live so far away from them is to Miss them alot.(KY)

University City!

by Marisola

I'm very impressed by this small town city. At only 2 1/2 hours drive from Chicago, it's like another world down there! Their world is the University of Illinois!

Dominated by the university life, this town is young, vibrant, alive, interesting and outgoing! Everywhere you go, there are students, working, studying, reading, hanging out, and having fun. It's a conducive place to study, and a nice place to visit, too!

"Welcome to the University of Illinois..."

The Alma Mater Statue welcomes students to the University. It is located at the west gateway to the University on Green and Wright Streets. Designed by University graduate Lorado Taft, the statue was unveiled on June 12, 1929. The inscription reads: To thy happy children of the future those of the past send greetings.

"Students' Center!"

Called the Illini Union, it is considered one of the most significant buildings on campus, because of its location, character, quality, and use. Excellent place for students to study, read and hang out. I've also heard it's the best place for napping!

Want to know more about the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana? Check out their website: http://www.uiuc.edu/

Comments