Value Place Champaign

Based on 26 reviews
Booking.com Priceline

Worst People ever

by written on June 15, 2012

This place is Clean i will say that, but customer service is absent. They wont take your sheets to wash unless they basically have not been slept on, same with towels. A friend of mine was kicked out because of calling for an ambulance due to an asthma attack. they fired all the staff and hired new ones, the big boss was mean and nasty to everyone, if you asked her a question she would be so rude. And Finally the RENT one month it was 632.00 the next 700.00 and it just kept going up and up.

If ya want to stay I wouldn't recommend it. ITs horrible. Except for being Clean, For cleanliness I give 5 stars ***** but everything else nothing.

Unique Quality: Clean, Very Clean

Directions: behind Rural King

Horrible, NO regard for Reservations

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 16, 2010

I am extremely disappointed by the lack of customer service and respect from the Value Place Champaign, IL location. This particular location caters to families of graduation U of I students on graduation weekend. I booked a double room a month in advance by personally walking into the location. The man taking the reservation assured me that only a name and address was needed to secure a room. I even called the location the day before our reservation to confirm everything and was told that everything was in order. When my family arrived to celebrate the joyous occasion that was graduation, they felt secure that they had a hotel waiting for them. Upon entering the Value Place in Champaign, we were told that internet reservations had "overbooked" the entire system. The woman working was confirmed that we did have reservations, but that us and nine other names would not be getting a room for the night due to these "overbookings". She was unapologetic and basically shrugged the entire situation. I was embarrassed beyond belief and my family was forced to hurriedly find another hotel the very night of graduation, a difficult feat in a town surrounding a college campus. Does customer service mean nothing any more? Do reservations hold no value? Clearly, this company has no regard for keeping its word and I do not understand how it will continue to have successful business if it has such poor respect for customers. Please avoid this hotel and all costs if you absolutely need a room to stay in for the night.

Nearby Value Place Champaign

Amenities at Value Place Champaign

• Wheelchair Accessible
  • Kitchenette

Champaign Travel Forum

Need advice about Champaign, Illinois? Visit the Travel Forum for Champaign and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Champaign hotel reviews