320 North Michigan Avenue

320 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois, 60601, United States
Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue
Hotels.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

More about 320 North Michigan Avenue

Excellent hotel; clean, comfortable and fantastic location!!

by TripAdvisor Member kristi11876

I booked this room using a Travelzoo special and got a rate of $99 per night; however, I would have been equally pleased paying the full rate. The location of this property is exceptional...immediately south of the river on Michican Ave. Within great proximity to all major attractions by foot, or public transportation. There are several different el stops within blocks, and a bus stop one block north and one block south. This hotel could not have a better location!

I had a one bedroom, king size bed on the 24th floor; AMAZING views!!! The room was the largest I have had in a big city; it was truly comparable to a one bedroom apartment. Full kitchen, seperate bedroom, living room, bath and office space. Also, two flat panel tvs. And the bed was exceptionally comfortable. Internet access is free, however there is no WI-FI. But, the front desk will gladly give you an ethernet cable to use. We used our computer daily with no problems at all.

The free breakfast each morning was very nice--lots of variety. Juices, coffee, fruit, cereal, waffles, bacon, eggs, full size bagels, muffins and pastries...the works! Also, a very nice fitness center with the basics needed for a workout while traveling and a business space to print boarding passes.

The staff was also very friendly and helpful; easy to talk to and knowledgeable.

I spend very little time in a hotel room when I travel, so value, cleanliness and location are the most important factors to me. Ths hotel delivered wonderfully on all of them. If you have a similar mindset, you will LOVE this hotel. Howver, there is no bellman, fancy lobby or concierge...so if the 5 star amenities are important to you, book elsewhere.

Last note: I always like to know what types of casual eateries are just next door to a hotel; there is a Subway, a Chipolte and a Starbucks on the same block. There is an "On the Corner" bakery around the corner, and a Walgreens on the block as well. Everything you could need is a step away.

This property made my vacation great! I highly reccommend!!!!!

Very satisfactory experience!

by TripAdvisor Member goingranny

We traded our 4-star hotel deal for this location and weren't disappointed. Breakfast is the usual Comfort experience, the lobby is ho-hum, and the bathrooms are small. However, the location is perfect: close to the Loop and Mag Mile, right on Michigan Ave., bus stops just steps away, and many attractions within walking distance. We bought a CTA pass and went everywhere we wanted to go with no problems. Rooms are clean, and staff is helpful. The best part of all was the view from our unit. It overlooked the river toward Mag Mile with the Chicago Tribune and Wrigley Buildings looming in the foreground. Maybe because we booked as Choice Members, we were assigned this great corner location? All "rooms" are actually suites...basically the equivalent of a one-bedroom apt. with living room, kitchen, washer and dryer. Our only complaint was a non-funtioning air conditioner. Management was responsive and sent a maintenance man immediately to repair it. However, the compressor continued to freeze up. We managed for 24 hours then pressed the issue. That got action! My husband says he'd stay here again in a hearbeat, and he has spent many nights in Chicago hotels while attending trade shows.

Great Location but not a great hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member OntarioTango

I booked this room under a grand opening special rate... grand opening?! This was by no means a new hotel, probably just new ownership. Very misleading! The stairways are very narrow and creepy. There are only 2 elevators (when they were both running) which leaves anyone on a higher floor waiting between 5-10 minutes for one. (15-20 mins. if only 1 was running and they were usually full.)
When we first got there, they gave us a horrible room on the 2nd floor that didn't even have a room number on it - it said Employees Only! This room had a beautiful view of cement and an air conditioner or furnace. Not exactly the view we were looking for. we complained and they moved us to the 22nd floor where the view was very nice. The room was spacious but the bathroom was horrible. The bathtub was stained and old with the stucco ceiling eroding aound it. The toilet looked like it belonged in a gas staton, it was also stained and old. (again....NEW hotel?) The rest of the room was nice though. Staff was nice, breakfast not so much. Overall, if you don't plan on spending much time in the hotel, it's fine if you get it on special, otherwise, spend the extra and get a better hotel that actually has a lobby, working elevators and hallways that don't stink. I give it a 2.5 out of 5.

Good - but not great

by TripAdvisor Member teddysdad

We stayed 5 nights. On the plus side- large size rooms, full kitchen, free wired internet, and a very good location.

On the negative - as others have mentioned - the elevators were a problem. On several days, only one of two elevators were working during the day. Also, the staff use the elevators and can take up a lot of space in smallish elevators. Second - while there was breakfast- it was lack luster - semi-frozen danish & luke warm eggs (but the waffle maker worked fine). Finally - house keeping needs to do better job in some aspects. The rooms were kept clean, but some days the stuff for the kitchen (towels, sponge, etc) were there and other days they were not.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Mr.Reisender

Cant beat the location. Newer, large rooms- very clean. Lots of fast food nearby. Our double queen room had a full kitchen, although we never used it. It even had a washer and dryer. Sunday breakfast was typical low end free buffet. Monday's buffet added scrambled eggs and bacon. We paid $155 through travelzoo.com. A great value for the location. I will return to this hotel if I can get a similar rate.

good location, large room

by TripAdvisor Member a_traveler040

The hotel is right on Michigan Ave. near the museums, piers and the city park. It's easy to walk to many tourist attractions. The 2bd suite that we stayed in was HUGE, and the price was very reasonable. The suite has full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and washer and dryer, it's very comfortable and convenient, and very clean. Staff friendliness and competence varied, but overall reasonable. Breakfast buffet was nothing special but adequate. The downside includes parking (had to park at the nearby garage and walk to the hotel), loading and unloading luggage (because parking was not allowed in front of the hotel and there was no bell service), and the internet connection can be flaky. But overall it was a good choice.

excellent value!

by TripAdvisor Member CraneWoodbury_MN

First of all, make sure are looking at the right hotel...this is pretty new and I think some of the the reviews are mixing up hotels...this is right on Michigan Ave. 1 block from the river near the Tribune and I think the new Trump building.
We booked the cheapest room-no bedrooms, but it was huge...two queen beds, full kitchen, washer and dryer and a huge walk- in closet. This must be a refurbished apt. building? Chipotle, Subway next door. Parking ramp across the steet, Hard Rock nearby.
No pool, no Wifi, no good place to pull up to drop off bags, slow elevators, and there are only two for 26 floors. Great location for walking everywhere, good price, very good value...includes hot breakfast, but if you have kids, don't wait untl 9:30am to go down...too crowded...go down earlier and bring your food up! There is a microwave and I think a toaster in your room so you can easily re-heat on real dishes.
Super comfortable beds and feather pillows, decorated very nicely and all brand new!

Good room, great location, nothing fancy

by TripAdvisor Member BobbyWDC

I stayed there July 27-29, 2009. Overall, I'm very satisfied. I was in a king room suite, so there was a full kitchen (even microwave & dishwasher) and a good size refrigerator, like you'd find in an apartment. Kitchen was immaculate, as were all the dishes and the pots, pans, and other equipment. Very convenient for making breakfast & lunch & reheating leftovers.
PLUSES: Great location on Michigan Ave. Room was neat, not fancy, but even had lots of drawer & closet space, not to mention the full kitchen and decent couch. Air conditioning worked great, kept the place very cool, although it's a little noisy (but in the living room, so you don't hear it when you're sleeping in the bedroom). Didn't use the washer/dryer, but good to have. On the same block there's a Walgreens drugstore, and also a Subway and Chipotle restaurant--very convenient. Both flatscreen TVs were great, and I was even able to hook up my laptop to watch DVDs, AND adjust the picture format so it wasn't distorted. Room was cleaned well every day, all towels replaced. Staff was friendly. Location (besides being right on Michigan Ave, although south of the river and the fancy shopping) was only about 4 blocks from Millennium Park, a great place to hang out and people-watch, and lots of stuff to see if you have kids. FREE internet access in the rooms, although wired, not wifi.
MINUSES: Bed mattress & pillows were WAY too soft. Walls are thin--could hear any conversation in the hall, or toilet flushing next door. But it wasn't noisy overall. View was lousy, and I was on the 14th floor. Hallways DO have that musty, old building smell, and the hotel services are minimal. The refrigerator doesn't make ice, and no trays are provided. There's an ice bucket, but to fill it you need to visit the "breakfast room" on the ground floor--it's the only place with ice. No real lobby to speak of--a few chairs and a reception desk. Not a place to hang around or meet anyone. Also, I never got the USA TODAY delivered to my door, as promised.
SUGGESTIONS: If you want to stock the kitchen, find the Bockwinkel's grocery that's about 3 blocks away. Great selection of everything. If you want a decent breakfast, make it yourself or go out. The free one at the hotel was horrible--powdered eggs, bad OJ--they even made bacon inedible.
Overall, I was satisfied. Don't have 4-star expectations of the place. But it's clean, the rooms are very functional and attractive with all-new furniture and appliances, and the location is excellent.

Comfy hotel in a great location.

by TripAdvisor Member gizm0sm0m

I really liked this hotel. It was clean, the bed was very comfortable and because there are only 4 rooms per floor and has a separate bedroom I never heard a thing at night. I slept like a baby.

The location can't be beat. It's right next to the Chicago River on North Michigan Ave. A less than 5 min. walk to Millenium Pk or the shops in the loop one way and less than 5 mins the other way to the Magnificent Mile. We never had to take a cab or public transit the entire time we were there.

I loved the fact that there were 2 computers and a printer for anyone to use (no charge, so you can print out your boarding passes). There is also wired internet available in the room for those with a laptop.

The breakfast room was small and plain, but the food was free so no complaints here. I would definitely stay here again.

Stairmaster Deluxe

by TripAdvisor Member vtbiker

All of what is said below is true! Wonderful location and rooms. I liked having a separate bedroom, living space, kitchen amenities, and laundry area. This building is 26 stories high with only 4-5 rooms per floor. It's tiny footprint leaves a very congested first floor, with guests squeezing by each other in the cramped hallways. Due to the number of floors and guests, working elevators were a necessity. Unfortunately, one quit operating midway through our stay. The nine flight trip down the stairs was fine, but going up was difficult for those with health issues.

buyingbuying

more menusmore menus

yesyes

taxistaxis

Local music

by lhforrette

Hey Y'all,

Going to be in Chicago weekend of March 25-28. I'm wondering where one might see good local rock at a small club/venue.

An example of a place I like would be Schubas. But I'm looking to try another place. Open to just about anything. Let me know what you know.

Thanks.

Lucien

by riorich55

There is a new facility opened several months ago called Lincoln Hall which is near the De Paul University campus and right across the street from the Biograph Theatre where John Dillinger was gunned down.

by Dabs

You might find some help here

I was going to direct you to the Chicago Reader online but it doesn't open up, hoping that's just a temporary thing and not that the paper has folded...

by lhforrette

Hey thanks guys.

That Yelp link is helpful.

Comments