Ame Boutique Hotel

2015 Sedgwick Street Cook, Chicago, Illinois, 60614, United States

More about Chicago

American Girl - the dolls house, ChicagoAmerican Girl - the dolls house, Chicago

frontfront

strollingstrolling

me shoppingme shopping

Chicago Musium - Gypsy Culture

by european_canadian

I heard that there is a Museum in Chicago about Gypsy Culture.
I think it might be only a section of a museum, and not the whole museum dedicated to it. I beleave there is a section on Jewish culture as well in this museum.

As I am coming to Chicago in a couple of days I would love to visit it, but cant find anything about this on google.

If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it.

Thnx

Re: Chicago Musium - Gypsy Culture

by goodfish

I wonder if you're thinking of the National Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington DC?

Re: Chicago Musium - Gypsy Culture

by Dabs

The Spertus Museum is focused on Jewish life and culture

I can't find any references to a Gypsy museum, you might find this article interesting

Travel Tips for Chicago

Pricey parking

by chagi1

A warning to those traveling to Chicago by car, the parking in the city is quite pricey!!
We paid $23 on the first day when we parked at Navy Pier. It is usually a flat rate for 24hours and anything else is gets broken down and it is quite expensive!
We did notice some discount parking areas throughout the city, but with an entrance before 7am and exit by 7pm (times do vary among parking garages) and some prices we saw were about $15 for the day.
another pointer, if you are taking the Architectural River tour (at the corner of Wagner and Michigan) you can park at 111 Wagner parking garage and your parking ticket will be validated by the tour booth giving you a nice discount!!
I also have to mention that many of the hotels charge a separate daily rate just for parking, so be aware!
If you can use local transit, I think it will be more economical.

Chicago at night

by shrimp56

Chicago is a magic city at night with its beautiful skyline and interestingly lit buildings. Many buildings in the loop, on the waterfront and on Michigan Ave. are lighted after dark, as are some of the bridges.

I simply loved eating...

by KT2000AZ

I simply loved eating stuffed pizza at Giordano's in oak Park. I was so pleased to see a squirrel in a park. I come from Arizona where Jack Rabbitts and tumble weeds are a common occurance NOT squirrels!

Northwestern University Campus

by meteorologist1

Nice campus located by Lake Michigan on Chicago's North Side in Evanston. We went there on a Sunday, so everything seemed to be peaceful and quiet. The more modern looks of the campus is at least better than my campus (University of Chicago in Hyde Park on the South Side). Some nice architectures, chapels, etc. Nice park-like setting on campus as well as a beach setting near Lake Michigan.

MY FAVORITE VIEW OF THE...

by travelmisfit

MY FAVORITE VIEW OF THE SKYLINE IS FROM THE PENINSULA THAT THE ALDER PLANITARIUM IS AT, ON THE MUSEUM CAMPUS. ACTUALLY, I THINK THIS IS THE BEST PLACE TO WATCH THE FIREWORKS DURING THE SUMMER. NO MATTER HOW LITTLE TIME YOU HAVE IN THE CHI, MAKE IT OUT HERE FOR THE VIEW. DON'T WORRY ABOUT GOING INTO THE ALDER AS IT TOTALLY SUCKS AND IS PRETTY MUCH FOR KIDS.

Comments