Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown

ACME Hotel Company Chicago
Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Great Central Hotel

I have stayed here twice. Once in September 2003 and once in June 2004. I would definately stay here again. It is cheap for its position, but isclean and comfortable. the first time we stayed there we were in quite a small room at the back of the building. due tho the other buildings around it was dark in the room all of the time. But what do you need a hotel room for? You are not going to live in it. The second time we stayed we were delayed in New York due to the weather. We had to pay for the night we missed, but some kind soul upgraded us to a suite with views of the John Hancock building. I would definately stay here again.

Unique Quality: Good price for the area. It is only 5 - 10 minutes walk to Michigan Ave.

Directions: Good bar/restaurant round the corner - Rock Bottom brewery

• The last visit we stayed at...

The last visit we stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites on Ohio and State. It just opened in late April 2002 and for being in downtown Chicago it was a bargain. The room was tiny but we only slept there so nbd. The staff was very nice and we will definitely stay there again. It's centrally located so you can walk to just about any downtown address.
    Use Choice Hotels website to book and you can save with various discounts. We paid $139/nights (excluding taxes)

Unique Quality: They had 4 huge, fluffy pillows on our queen bed. Ahh!

More about Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown

What can I say -

We checked in February 11 at 1/3 of the price of another ritzy motel I had reserved but cancelled due to rudeness over the phone see review of hard rock -- we are choice priviledge members so we had complimentary suite upgrade. Heart of downtown we walked everywhere and everything seemed closeby. Clean, comfortable- for 4 solid days. When reserving your Chicago motel get a nice place to sleep for a very reasonable price - you won't spend any time in your motel! Helpful staff - Fridge/micro couple tv's 2 phones bdrm and sitting room nice bath comp breakfast european continental. Motel entry in exact middle of block. Each corner of your block sports outstanding food- Weber's Grill and Chicago's own Pizzaria Uno. I am telling you one can't do better than this motel for less money. Nice full size high power jaccuzzi tub at bsmt level with small equipped fitness center. Drug store/grocery 1/2 block walk from motel door. Oh yea - had another reservation for sunday-monday at the park hyatt for 3 times the money also and AGAIN cancelled res and did not move to the other motel for the last two days. Very nice I'm sure but we grew attached to this home away from home. So cancel your res at the pricey joint and give these guys a shot.

Terrific Value, Location and Atmosphere

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Downtown March '05. I decided to stay there after looking at numerous hotels in the loop and downtown area of Chicago because it seemed like a good price for a hotel in that area. This hotel definitely did not disappoint. The entire hotel was very nice, with up-to-date decor and furnishings throughout. Staff was professional and accomodating, and our room was clean and in great condition. Continental breakfast was adequate with bagels, danishes, muffins, oatmeal, cereal, french toast, fruit and drinks. For a hotel this well-kept in this area, the price is terrific too. My only complaint, if any, was that our room was smaller than anticipated and it looked over a parking garage. The hotel was located a block from the subway (red line) and perfectly situated in between Michigan Ave. and State St. I doubt there's a nicer hotel for a better price in the loop area. Also, we found the best price directly through the hotel's website rather than any of the travel sites.

Friendly and Clean!

My husband and I stayed here March 10-13, 2005 and were very happy with this hotel. We were able to get the best price directly from the hotel's website. The hotel was such a great surprise for the price we paid. I think it's one of the few near Michigan Ave to offer a free continental breakfast. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The rooms were small but nice and clean. Sheets were soft and the queen bed had five pillows! Although I think some rooms look into a brick wall, our room had a street view, where we could see Bloomingdale's Home Store and one of many Starbucks. The hot tub was a nice break from a cold and snowy day. Make sure to catch the FREE Navy Pier Trolley in front of the Rock Bottom Brewery just a couple blocks away. We would definately stay here again!

Front desk service needs improvement

by TripAdvisor Member shin888

We just returned from a trip to Chicago and stayed 3 nights at this hotel.
It was difficult to find the hotel at first because the sign was hidden by other much larger signs in the area.

Overall, it was very nice, clean and it was within walking distance to Michigan Ave, the Art institute and a number of great restaurants. We had no problems with the size of the room or the breakfast. For the price, it was great.

What left us with a sour note was the parking issues. The front desk gave us a transponder to use with in/out priveleges at a daily discount rate. I thought this was great until I tried getting in. The transponder didn't work so I grabbed a ticket and told the front desk of the problem. They said I wasn't using it properly and they weren't very helpful(ie. they weren't willing to change the transponder). The next time I tried, I couldn't get the car out but someone was there to help open the gate. I also had problems getting the car back in so I talked to the front desk again(same two people). Once again, they weren't willing to exchange the transponder with another one. After some frustrating moments, we left the car in the garage until we checked out. This time, the garage security pulled me aside(because the gate wouldn't open) and I had to wait until they checked their computer records. After about 5-10 minutes and explaining that I wasn't a "negligent" monthly holder but was a visitor, I was allowed to go.

Anyhow, if you don't drive, you will not have a problem with your stay.

Nice, clean Comfort Downtown

by TripAdvisor Member Gatoric

Just returned from an excellent 3 day stay at this hotel. A previous reservation to another downtown Suites establishment was cancelled after reading their reviews. Found a good rate here ($109) through the Chicago CVB (877chicago). Lobby and breakfast area are very small, but adequate; front desk staff appeared to be big-town-stuffy. Asked for a room with a view upon checkin, ended up on the 13th floor with 2 windows, but not much view. Room was exceptionally clean!! Very quiet place to be in the middle of a big city. Breakfast was above average. Location was prime with only 1/2 block to subway, 2 blocks to Michigan Avenue and several good restaurants within a block: Weber's Grill, ESPN Zone, California Pizza Kitchen, Big Bowl, Rock Bottom Brewery, etc. Also ventured 5 blocks west to find several more noteworthy restaurants, including Gino's East (excellent deep dish pizza). I'd recommend not driving here and paying the high parking rates downtown -- I traveled everywhere I wanted to go via the CTA (Wrigley Field, Sears Tower, US Cellular Field, and other Chicago destinations). 5 day unlimited pass was only $18. I'll come back to the Comfort.

pretty good

by TripAdvisor Member boopity

We stayed here April 29 and 30th. This hotel is in a great location. The rooms are small but very clean. The breakfast was nice. The girl working the front desk was rude when we checked in. For the price, I'd recommend staying here and I would go back.

Excellent Location

Stayed at the Comfort Inn for a couple of nights in February. The location is absolutely great - close to everything, shopping, restaurants, etc. My room was very clean, hotel staff were very friendly! Complimentary breakfast offered many different varieties and was fresh. If I am ever back in Chicago, I will definetly stay there again.

Location, location, location!

by TripAdvisor Member wikwikWAK

The hotel is situated smack in the heart of Chicago. I was within walking distance of nearly half of my itinerary. The number of first-rate restaurants nearby actually made choosing tough, and the wide variety of cuisine was as expected for this diverse city. And the shopping! Everything name-brand is right there!

Inside the hotel, I found an eager staff running a tight ship. Checking in and out was seamless and professional, the breakfast offering had everything I looked for, and the accomidations were superb. All in all, a delightfully modern hotel!

Comments