Days Inn Lincoln Park North

644 W Diversey Pkwy (former Days Inn Lincoln Park - North), Chicago, Illinois 60614, United States

Days Inn Chicago
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 13% higher than other 2 star hotels

• Spring Break In Chicago

I found this hotel on the internet. They have two specials: First, a lower rate with no parking. Second, the lower rate plus $22 for parking. I wanted to pay cash so I called the hotel. Front desk sent me to reservations. I told her I wanted a room for two nights. She quotes me over $100 a night. I told her I was looking at thier website. She quickly tells me she can give me $74.95 a night. As I read the description of that deal, does not included parking. An extra $22 a night. I tried to tell her that they have a special rate for room and parking. She did not want to hear it. Finally I gave up and needed to get off the phone, remind you I am now on the phone for over 30 minutes. She was suppose to be talking to her manager this whole time. Kept putting me on hold. After I gave up she said she needed my cc info and my cc would be charge right away. I asked if there was a way to hold the room with my cc and I would pay cash. She said no. I am confused at this time. I travel 2 weeks out of the month for my job. Never heard of this. So I asked her what my total is...she said she cannot tell me that. I asked what did she mean. She said I cant charge your cc. Again does not make sense. She said I would have to call back to the front desk. Now I am on the phone 45 minutes. Can't transfer me???? No. She gives me the number. I call the front desk very frustrated. I give the confirmation# to the gentleman. He cannot find the reservation. I explain what is going on and he took my number and asked if he could look into it and call me back. Great Customer Service!!! He calls back, maybe an 1 hour later. He fixed the rate, so I was not over charged. Guess what, I can pay by cash. $100 deposit either by cash or credit card. NO PROBLEM. Understandable. I just wanted to pay for the rooms with cash. THANK YOU!!!
    Now were are here. The pool is at the fitness place next door. Must be 18. Doesnt help my 15 yo. Not happy about that. Right now it's 5:12 am I have been up for the last 2.5 hours. The people next door are loud. Sounds very inappropriate next door. I call front desk. They send security and call me back and said sorry but you will need to move your room because they have a small child that they cannot control. What??!! Me move?? Are you serious??!!! I want a discount! He said he cannot due that. I said I want to talk to a manager. He is the manager. Go figure.

This hotel is nice and clean. Not kid friendly and loud.

Unique Quality: Elevator very slow. You will wait.
    Pool- very disappointed! 18 yo or older
    Some of the employees were helpful.

• Cant go wrong with Days Inn

Ok lets be honest....the Days Inn isnt the four seasons....or the Hilton!! But thats ok hehe. Anyways I had a long flight from overseas and didnt want two connecting flights on my way to the west coast. I used Essentravel.com again and got the Days Inn at a low rate near the airport.

Again this is a no frills hotel, no grand opulence but thats ok. All I needed was a bed and breakfast, and quiet!! Which I got hehe. So if youre in Chicago and need a basic stay, check out the Days Inn. Its great on a budget.

• the only place i stay in chicago

i have used this hotel five times and love it,rooms are good not fancy but great value in a lovely and-safe part of town .you can enjoy just walking around the diversey -clark streets down to the lake or up clark street to have a fabulous coffee and pastry at Ann Sathers place got to be five stars the police call in!! .Days inn North is great value and right on the 22 bus route down to the city dont bother with your car in chicago its not worth it really.

Unique Quality: the continental type breakfast is good and a great way to start the day,the staff were always willing to advise me on chicago the area around the hotel is full of places to eat and the famous blues club on halstead street(kingston mines) are 200yards away

Directions: from the airport get the metrotrain to logan square and the bus down diversey av. it stops outside the hotel (just cross the street)

• perfectly situated for tourist or working

i have stayed at this hotel a total of five times and to be truthfull i dont bother looking for anywhere else.its such a great area you can walk from the hotel to the lakeshore.walk outside the hotel and you have a bus to take you downtown in about 15 mins or so.(number 22) the hotel has a great buffet breakfast included in the very reasonable rate,sorry if this sounds like a PR job i have no connection with this hotel or Days Inn!.rooms are not luxurious but to a very good standard.i ould have no hesitation in saying to anyone either in Chicago for a holiday (THE best city in USA ,im from the U.K. so im independent!) or in town for work

Unique Quality: as well as being very reasonable rates the area around the hotel is full of things to do and see,around the corner are the two best blues clubs in Chicago *Kingston Mines* and *BLUES* they face each other on Halstead street a great place for a meal is Anne Sathers you can walk there from the hotel (a very good breakfast,wonderful cinnamon buns,the cops call there for the buns!) coming from the airport come on the metro and alight at logan square then get a bus down Diversey the bus stops right outside the hotel door.the highlight for anyone visiting chicago has to be a walk along the lake and from diversey you will see downtown chicago just far away to get perspective.fabulous city great hotel

Directions: gold coast area or the locals call it near north

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Neighborhood Living

Staying in the Days Inn Lincoln Park gives you the opportunity to experience a different side of Chicago. Located in the trendy North Side neighborhood, Lincoln Park, this little inn is situated between local shops, restaurants and apartments. You'll feel like you're living in the city, rather than visiting. The majority of the hotels are located in the Loop and Magnificent Mile area where the shops and restaurants are major chain stores and you're more likely to find a high tourist to local ratio. If you want a little more of the neighborhood-y Chicago feel look north to this little hotel. It is, at best, a Days Inn. But if all you need is a place to rest your head you can't beat it.

Unique Quality: It's located away from the main tourist drag so you feel more like a local. But there are still tons of great restaurants and shops in the area so you won't feel isolated. It's also one of the more affordable hotels in the city.

More about Days Inn Lincoln Park North

Everything we Needed

by TripAdvisor Member screamervh500

The hotel offered a good value. The parking is limited so valet service is the best option, which will cost you $20 for every 24 hours. The valet staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby was very elegant and clean. The free breakfast was the best I ever had at a hotel. Free wireless internet worked just fine. Our room was a little smaller than the average hotel room, but we were not suprised due to the fact that we were in a big city. The elevators were also on the smaller side and it might take you a few trips to get your stuff up to your room if you have a large group (we had 2 people and thats all the elevator could hold with including our luggage). Everything was clean and well kept. The front desk even called us just to make sure everything was okay. The location is nice with lots of stores and restaurants within walking distance.

this place is a dump

by TripAdvisor Member travelingforfun

this place could well be listed among the worst hotels in Chicago. I travel to Chicago at least once every two months and have stayed in numerous places there. It is old and very badly in need of updating. The rooms are small and very noisy. One can easily hear even wispers coming from the hall and there is considerable street noise from Clark Street.The furnishings badly need to be replaced and all in all this is a very depressing place to stay. I contacted the Days Inn company to express my displeasure with the hotel and they wrote me back that it was independently owned and they had no control over it's condition. The location is not particularily desirable for a tourist or business person other than for it's proximity to the zoo. Believe me you can do a lot better at many other hotels in Chicago. This place is a dump.

very pleased with the hotel

i spent mothers day weekend at the lincoln park days inn. my niece was graduating from columbia university. i found the lincoln park days inn to be very clean and updated. the waffles in the morning were great. nice neighborhood.

OK hotel- good location

by TripAdvisor Member annchovy

I have stayed in this hotel several times in the past 5 years. I have never had an awful experience. Some of the queen bed rooms are small. This trip I stayed in a room with two double beds for the first time. The room was larger as was the bathroom. The drawback was we were right over the CTA bus stop outside. However, when we put the ventailing system on fan and created a somewhat noisy white noise we were fine. The breakfast had actually improved since I had last stayed (about 2 years ago), the offerings were OK nothing special. There are some good breakfast places to eat nearby if you don't care for what they offer. All in all not a bad place to stay if you want to be in the Lincoln Park area.

SRO Accomodations

On a last minute trip to Chicago, this was the only hotel near downtown available. The location was great and as it was a brand hotel, I figured it would at least be decent. My was I wrong! From the lobby to the elevator to the hallway, I thought I had inadvertently checked into a homeless shelter. The dirty room with the fleamarket bed and gross bathroom only enhanced that feeling. I have to admit that the view was spectacular. The staff were also very nice. I'd like to give this place a higher rating just for location and staff, but I couldn't in good conscious recommend this place to anyone!

Reasonable hotel near Wrigley field

by bonniejnewman

Any suggestions for a reasonable, but safe, hotel near Wrigley field? Thanks!

RE: Reasonable hotel near Wrigley field

by atomly

I would check out the Days Inn on Diversey..

Days Inn Lincoln Park-North