Days Inn Lincoln Park North

See Amenities

Spring Break In Chicago

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 25, 2011

I found this hotel on the internet. They have two specials: First, a lower rate with no parking. Second, the lower rate plus $22 for parking. I wanted to pay cash so I called the hotel. Front desk sent me to reservations. I told her I wanted a room for two nights. She quotes me over $100 a night. I told her I was looking at thier website. She quickly tells me she can give me $74.95 a night. As I read the description of that deal, does not included parking. An extra $22 a night. I tried to tell her that they have a special rate for room and parking. She did not want to hear it. Finally I gave up and needed to get off the phone, remind you I am now on the phone for over 30 minutes. She was suppose to be talking to her manager this whole time. Kept putting me on hold. After I gave up she said she needed my cc info and my cc would be charge right away. I asked if there was a way to hold the room with my cc and I would pay cash. She said no. I am confused at this time. I travel 2 weeks out of the month for my job. Never heard of this. So I asked her what my total is...she said she cannot tell me that. I asked what did she mean. She said I cant charge your cc. Again does not make sense. She said I would have to call back to the front desk. Now I am on the phone 45 minutes. Can't transfer me???? No. She gives me the number. I call the front desk very frustrated. I give the confirmation# to the gentleman. He cannot find the reservation. I explain what is going on and he took my number and asked if he could look into it and call me back. Great Customer Service!!! He calls back, maybe an 1 hour later. He fixed the rate, so I was not over charged. Guess what, I can pay by cash. $100 deposit either by cash or credit card. NO PROBLEM. Understandable. I just wanted to pay for the rooms with cash. THANK YOU!!!
Now were are here. The pool is at the fitness place next door. Must be 18. Doesnt help my 15 yo. Not happy about that. Right now it's 5:12 am I have been up for the last 2.5 hours. The people next door are loud. Sounds very inappropriate next door. I call front desk. They send security and call me back and said sorry but you will need to move your room because they have a small child that they cannot control. What??!! Me move?? Are you serious??!!! I want a discount! He said he cannot due that. I said I want to talk to a manager. He is the manager. Go figure.

This hotel is nice and clean. Not kid friendly and loud.

Unique Quality: Elevator very slow. You will wait.
Pool- very disappointed! 18 yo or older
Some of the employees were helpful.

Cant go wrong with Days Inn

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 4, 2009

Ok lets be honest....the Days Inn isnt the four seasons....or the Hilton!! But thats ok hehe. Anyways I had a long flight from overseas and didnt want two connecting flights on my way to the west coast. I used Essentravel.com again and got the Days Inn at a low rate near the airport.

Again this is a no frills hotel, no grand opulence but thats ok. All I needed was a bed and breakfast, and quiet!! Which I got hehe. So if youre in Chicago and need a basic stay, check out the Days Inn. Its great on a budget.

the only place i stay in chicago

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 4, 2005

i have used this hotel five times and love it,rooms are good not fancy but great value in a lovely and-safe part of town .you can enjoy just walking around the diversey -clark streets down to the lake or up clark street to have a fabulous coffee and pastry at Ann Sathers place got to be five stars the police call in!! .Days inn North is great value and right on the 22 bus route down to the city dont bother with your car in chicago its not worth it really.

Unique Quality: the continental type breakfast is good and a great way to start the day,the staff were always willing to advise me on chicago the area around the hotel is full of places to eat and the famous blues club on halstead street(kingston mines) are 200yards away

Directions: from the airport get the metrotrain to logan square and the bus down diversey av. it stops outside the hotel (just cross the street)

perfectly situated for tourist or working

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 27, 2005

i have stayed at this hotel a total of five times and to be truthfull i dont bother looking for anywhere else.its such a great area you can walk from the hotel to the lakeshore.walk outside the hotel and you have a bus to take you downtown in about 15 mins or so.(number 22) the hotel has a great buffet breakfast included in the very reasonable rate,sorry if this sounds like a PR job i have no connection with this hotel or Days Inn!.rooms are not luxurious but to a very good standard.i ould have no hesitation in saying to anyone either in Chicago for a holiday (THE best city in USA ,im from the U.K. so im independent!) or in town for work

Unique Quality: as well as being very reasonable rates the area around the hotel is full of things to do and see,around the corner are the two best blues clubs in Chicago *Kingston Mines* and *BLUES* they face each other on Halstead street a great place for a meal is Anne Sathers you can walk there from the hotel (a very good breakfast,wonderful cinnamon buns,the cops call there for the buns!) coming from the airport come on the metro and alight at logan square then get a bus down Diversey the bus stops right outside the hotel door.the highlight for anyone visiting chicago has to be a walk along the lake and from diversey you will see downtown chicago just far away to get perspective.fabulous city great hotel

Directions: gold coast area or the locals call it near north

Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Neighborhood Living

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 14, 2004

Staying in the Days Inn Lincoln Park gives you the opportunity to experience a different side of Chicago. Located in the trendy North Side neighborhood, Lincoln Park, this little inn is situated between local shops, restaurants and apartments. You'll feel like you're living in the city, rather than visiting. The majority of the hotels are located in the Loop and Magnificent Mile area where the shops and restaurants are major chain stores and you're more likely to find a high tourist to local ratio. If you want a little more of the neighborhood-y Chicago feel look north to this little hotel. It is, at best, a Days Inn. But if all you need is a place to rest your head you can't beat it.

Unique Quality: It's located away from the main tourist drag so you feel more like a local. But there are still tons of great restaurants and shops in the area so you won't feel isolated. It's also one of the more affordable hotels in the city.

Nearby Days Inn Lincoln Park North

Days Inn Lincoln Park North

• Days Inn Lincoln Park
  • Chicago Days Inn
  • Days Inn Chicago Hotel Chicago

Address: 644 W Diversey Pkwy (former Days Inn Lincoln Park - North), Chicago, Illinois 60614, United States

1 Photo of Days Inn Lincoln Park North

• Suites
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Chicago Travel Forum

Need advice about Chicago, Illinois? Visit the Travel Forum for Chicago and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Chicago hotel reviews

Field Museum of Natural History
Trolleys (some are FREE)
Chinatown
Things to Do
Greyhound/Megabus (U.S. bus system)
Driving/Parking
Transportation
Amtrak (U.S. train network)
Taxis