Extended Stay America Chicago Skokie

5211 Old Orchard Rd, Chicago, Illinois, United States

More about Chicago

American Girl - the dolls house, ChicagoAmerican Girl - the dolls house, Chicago

view from grant parkview from grant park

to the taxito the taxi

more shopsmore shops

What is a good place 6 hours away from chicago to spent weekend?

by przemek21

I want to take my girlfriend out away from chicago for a weekend.
I'm willing to drive up to 6 hours one way, maybe more if its worth it. Any suggestions?

by goodfish

It probably depends on what type of fun you're looking for and what time of year?

by riorich55

Yes, I agree with Kate, try to give us a little more of what you would like to do and you will get more specific answers. It sound like you are going to drive so 6 hours eats up a lot of time coming and going.

At least try to define your interests: outdoors, museums, theatre, etc.

by Dabs

Without knowing your interests it's kind of tough but I'll throw out some of the common ones-Milwaukee, Galena, Starved Rock, the towns along the Lake Michigan shore in Michigan (South Haven, Saugatuck), Door County, WI, Amish country in Indiana (Nappannee, Shipshewana), Brown County, IN

by riorich55

Just was there this week: The Bridges of Madison County and John Wayne's boyhood home just west of Des Moines, Iowa about a 6 hour drive.

by shrimp56

Inn at Union Pier is a favorite of ours.
There are several nice inns in Saugatuck.

Travel Tips for Chicago

The Windy City

by beautybee

Chicago is a wonderful place to visit. It is an hour from Milwaukee, so in the summer I visit at least four times. Hop on the train and in an hour I am in a city that has the best museums of any city in the United States. Restaurants that are unrivaled and shopping that is out of this world! Michigan Avenue is to Chicago, what 5th Avenue is to New York. The hotels are all reasonably priced and clean. I attend the Taste of Chicago festival every year! For further information, consult www.cityofchicago.org

So much to do

by iowa_girl

Go to Lake Michigan, The view of the Chicago skyline from there is great and if you look out towards the horizon, the lake seems endless. My fondest memory of this trip to Chicago was sitting along the lake and talking about my upcoming trip to Itlay.

We arrived in Chicago with the...

by TOMHET

We arrived in Chicago with the rain that resulted in as much as 21 inches overnight. The City finally opened up the gates to let the water from the storm sewers out into the lake, so the roads and highways could drain.

The "El" and Subway

by cheap_tourist

As a train buff, I not only had to try Chicago's El (elevated train system) and subway, I also had to satisfy myself that I could find my way in and around it.

With a 3-day visitor pass and a system map in hand, I tried the Red Line subway first and went to the John Hancock Center. After viewing the sunset from its observation deck and after walking the Magnificent Mile, I boarded a Blue Line subway train to O'Hare. After a quick look around, I took the train back to downtown. From the Blue Line, I transferred to the Red Line using an underground connection. By this time, I already have a good idea on how things work. The remaining days of my stay, I rode the El and the subway like a local.

Sears Tower view

by kristii

Really great at night time. But when you have a clear day, you can see four states from up there.

There are though quite strickt security measures and it takes a bit till you go through all of them and finally arrive to the top deck. Just take your time and be ready for alot of crowd.

Comments