120 E. Delaware Pl., Chicago, Illinois, 60611, United States

Booking.com Hotels.com amextravel.com

Costs 63% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Magnificent Mile/River North hotels

Most visitors to Chicago will want to stay near the Magnificent Mile/River North area in Chicago. First, this is where most of the tourist oriented hotels are located. Second, this is where visitors head to shop. Third, lots and lots of restaurants within walking distance or a short cab ride away.

Top end luxury hotels, big bucks: Peninsula, Four Seasons, Park Hyatt, Ritz Carlton

Other highly ranked hotels: Sutton Place, Sofitel, Amalfi, Conrad, Sheraton, Intercontinental, Westin, James (formerly Le Meridian), W Chicago Lakeshore

Classic "grand dame" hotel: The Drake

Family friendly: Hampton Inn and Suites, Homewood Suites, Embassy Suites

Budget hotels: Red Roof Inn, Best Western, Howard Johnson

If there's not a convention in town and you don't have your heart set on a particular hotel, give some thought to using Priceline or Hotwire.

• Wilson's Profile Photo

Best Hotel in the City

Part of the Four Seasons chain, it is one of the finest hotels in the city.

Unique Quality: Great hotel with superior service, unbelievable views of the lake, and centralized location to all shops, restaurants, and nightlife spots.

Directions: on Michigan Avenue

More about Four Seasons Chicago

Best hotel room with a view in Chicago

by btsmann about Swissotel Chicago

For my sister's wedding in Chicago, I wanted to get her and her husband the perfect room for their wedding night. I went to the 10 nicest hotels in Chicago, (Ritz, Four Seasons, Drake, etc) and asked their staff to show me a room with a great view. The Swisshotel north corner rooms ( the building is triangle shaped) on each floor has the most amazing floor to ceiling windows with view of the lake, the Chicago river and the Magnificent Mile. My sister and her hubby got the added surprise of seeing fireworks right outside their window at Navy Pier, they thought that was part of my wedding present to them!! Fantastic views from any room, but especially from the north corner rooms

Very nice hotel...but not totally FS experience

by TripAdvisor Member ahdzp

We were at the Four Seasons Chicago last weekend...

The public areas are BEAUTIFUL, flowers everywere and the staff very friendly and helpful.

We had drinks at the bar, and ate at the light asian table and everything was fine... one day we had lunch at the restaurant and the food and service was excellent.

Our room was in the 36th floor with a nice view of the lake... the room was very comfortable with nice decoration, however it does not look like a regular Four Season's room, it is a little "old world" style.

We used the spa services and installations (incl. pool)... the service was good, sometimes I was looking for help and there were nobody, I had to go to the spa reception to get help with the steam room, to get body lotion, that was weird because you see lots of people working and a second later, nobody.

In genera, we had a good time, will go back again, but since we have been in several FS, I'm sure that the rooms need to be at the FS standards (even that the rooms are nice).

Disappointing - needs renovating

by TripAdvisor Member Handsup

Stayed here on business and chose if over the peninsula since it was slightly more reasonable. Not a good decision. The common parts are quite grand but the rooms are small and very dated. The bathroom, in particular, is not up to four seasons standards with i) no double sinks and ii) no separate stall shower (you shower in the tub). In addition, the fixtures look like they are out of the 1970s. The room was quite small, sparsely decorated and had no wireless internet access. The view of the lake was definitely the best thing going for it. I did not sample the food so cannot comment on that. Staff was courteous.

Another reviewer pointed out that the hotel is noisy and creaks. I too experienced this and it woke me up several times during the night. It is a bizarre sensation hearing the building creaking around you! Overall, relative to other Four Seasons I have stayed at, this hotel was very disappointing and more akin to a 4 star than 5 star hotel.

Excellent hotel with one major drawback

This hotel was everything I imagined it would be with beautiful rooms and accomodations and very friendly service, until it was time to sleep. The walls on each side of the room creeked like an old wooden floor all night long. They say it's due to the wind and they provide earplugs, but nothing can block out this constant noise. It was miserable and we didn't sleep much at all. On the second night we found a humidifier which helped a little, but for Four Seasons, this was disappointing. I can't imagine this is the case in all the rooms, but hopefully you don't have the same bad luck we did.

Stay at the Peninsula

by TripAdvisor Member TravelingMan577

This is the Four Seasons people; it should be perfect, but it is average. The common areas are nice enough, but the rooms are really old. I pay over $700 a night and am watching TV on a 25-inch picture tube??? Why is the bathroom sink so old it makes me feel like I am stuck in the 60's? Why is the room service food reminiscent of a Hilton instead of Jean Georges? FS is getting by on brand name in this disappointing hotel. I stayed at the Peninsula two weeks prior and was wowed by the brand new rooms with all the bells and whistles that you expect from a $500+ five star hotel, and the lobby is nicer.

Not recommended

After staying at many Four Seasons properties over the years, including this particular Chicago location at least a dozen times, I have finally realized that this hotel desperately needs an overhaul. The lobby is gorgeous, the staff is generally accommodating and professional, the restaurants are certainly above average and the location is ideal. Also, there is an elegant complimentary coffee/tea service set up in the reception area each morning. This hotel had become a comfortable, familiar place to stay. However, after my most recent experience, I feel it no longer meets the impeccable standards of the Four Seasons.

I had requested a room with 2 beds, and upon checking in, I immediately noticed that the room was quite dreary, although as with most of the rooms, the view was amazing. Carpeting worn, and there was a gap in the floor across the length of the room that had been carpeted over. The headboard banged against the wall, as it was not attached to anything; there was a lampshade on the desk that was about 3 sizes too large for the base; the vinyl backing to the draperies was ripped, worn and yellowed, and there was some unsightly mold/dust in one area where the wall met the ceiling. I called to request a room change, mainly because of the headboard, and they promptly moved me to a similar room, which was an improvement. I also want to mention, the clerk who assited me at the front desk was quite brusque. I was surprised, since most front desk personnel are usually most gracious and polite.

That evening, due to high winds, our walls were creaking so loudly, we could barely hear the TV...and I am not exaggerating! I have heard these sounds in the past, but not to this extent. My daughter and I left for a few hours just to get away from the noise.

Upon checkout the next morning, when asked how our stay was, I mentioned we barely slept due to the noise in our room from the walls creaking all night, so we were tired and did not enjoy our stay this time. The desk clerk half-heartedly apologized, but that was about it. This particular hotel does not maintain or operate under the Four Seasons standards of excellence. There are far too many choices of great hotels in Chicago, to be bothered and annoyed with accommodations and service like this.

Lovely, except for the noisy children

I had been in town on business on Chicago and was looking forward to a relaxing afternoon at the Four Seasons Spa, which came highly recommended by a friend from Chicago. I purchased a day pass and had an hour Swedish massage, and also ordered lunch to be brought in to me.

The Positives: the dry sauna, the steamroom, the large towels, the accessible lockers and huge showers with all the amenities, the prompt luncheon service, the staff (very, very kind...too much so...see below), the eucalyptus-scented cool hand towels for after sauna/steamroom, the pool, the food, the variety of beverages in the pool area, the massage (EXCELLENT) and the fact that the Spa area is located on its own floor in relation to this large hotel so you are not bumping into hotel guests.

The Negatives: This is my big peeve. And please don't get me wrong....I love children. However, there is a time and place for them, particularly in an upscale spa. I did not at all mind the children who were guests of the hotel having access to the pool, which is seperate from the Spa, Sauna, Steamroom and Showers/Locker Area. They were loud, as small (ranging in age from 2 to 10) children will be at swimming pools and did not mind this so much due to the fact that the lounge area for the pool where the juices and teas were located were seperated by a glass wall.

I was however, VERY perturbed at the mommies who were seemingly oblivious to their noisy, loud, spoiled children running around the Spa area grabbing magazines and spilling juices unsupervised in areas they were not to be permitted. One child, about 8 years old, was dumping tea bags on the floor for fun. Mommy could see this child through the window and did nothing.

I understood the Four Seasons Spa to be "child-free" except in the pool area. The staff knew the children were running around the Spa area and did nothing about it, perhaps out of fear of the mommies. They definitely turned a blind eye, and I can state definitively that these mommies and their children were not of any relation to anyone who owns the Ritz-Carlton group.

At any rate, the relaxation of my massage quickly disappeared due to the children allowed in the spa area. If you luck out, you will visit on a day when children are truly not allowed in an area meant for adults who mean to relax. But do not count on the staff to handle it. I will try the Penisula Spa next trip.

Chagall's Four SeasonsChagall's Four Seasons

Chagall's Mural: The Four SeasonsChagall's Mural: The Four Seasons

Detail of Chagall's "The Four Seasons"Detail of Chagall's "The Four Seasons"

Chagall's beautiful mosaic, The Four SeasonsChagall's beautiful mosaic, The Four Seasons

GREENSBORO, North Carolina.. what hotel...

by lornagreg

Hi.. I'll be going to Greensboro, North Carolina in June and wanted to get anyone's advice..
Marriott Downtown (Greene Street) or Fairfield Inn by Marriott (Athena Court) - right next to Four Seasons Mall.

Has anyone stayed in either of these... or does anyone have any recommendations!?

Thank you!

Currently, Fairfield inn is half the price, with continental breakfast, located near the mall.. and Marriott .. please help!
thank you!