Hampton Inn Majestic Chicago

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Hampton Inn Majestic Chicago

Normal, IL Hotel

by paulapes about Hampton Inn

This Hampton Inn was only about a month old when we stayed there, so everything was new and we had no complaints. They have an extensive complimentary breakfast and coffee in the lobby available around the clock. The staff was extra pleasant and very helpful. Also, the beds were super comfortable and every room has a flat-screen TV (I think plasma). There is a pool, but we didn't look for it. The hotel is located next to one of the malls (Shoppes at College Hills Mall) along Route 55 running through Normal and is very convenient for stores and restaurants, of which there are many, many!

Awesome hotel...though not downtown

by RonaaRoo about Hampton Inn Gurnee

I was extremely impressed with this hotel! It was very reasonably priced, and the service here was great. They had free freshly-baked cookies every night, free juice and coffee all throughout the day, and a great continental breakfast in the morning. This is an ideal hotel if you are wanting to go to Six Flags Great America or Gurnee Mills Mall, as both of them are around a mile away from this hotel. Also, I felt very safe at this hotel. I didn't feel as though we were in a bad part of town at all! We requested if we could have a room with a view of Six Flags Great America (which is right across the street), and they gave us one! It was a great room, and you could see many of Six Flags' tall attractions

Walk from the Hampton Inn, downtown

by phildeni about Shaw's Crab House

The name of the restaurant makes it sound like they serve only seafood, but steaks,etc. are also served. There is another part of the place that is a Jazz club, and serves coctails. I had sea scallops that were delicious.

Excellent Hotel!!

by TripAdvisor Member Sun-n-fun

The rooms at the Hampton Inn Majestic were great! The beds were amazingly comfortable...lots of fluffy pillows that were just right. The decor is very nice- contemporary and really makes the place look like a 4 star hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous. It was just a short walk to Michigan Ave and Millenium Park. I would definately recommend this hotel- it is a steal!!

Excellent hotel! Excellent stay!

by TripAdvisor Member mkoskan

I traveled to Chicago for a conference and the hotels in which the conference was located were severely overpriced. By luck I found the Hampton Inn Majestic. It's reasonably priced, is well located, comes with a delicious breakfast, and great gym. Not only was the hotel well priced and stocked with amenities, the staff was courteous, the rooms are large and clean, and entire hotel was very clean. The city sounds did not keep me awake. Each room has a flat screen TV. Further, each cardio machine in the gym (2 treadmills, a bike, and an elliptical machine), all had small flat screen tvs. As a graduate student, I travel on a budget, and this hotel was an excellent solution.

Wonderful Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Cambria2002

I stayed here for 6 nights for a recent business trip. This was a great hotel. Room was a good size, clean (very clean) and quiety (very, very quiet), very nice contemporary decor, incredibly comfortable bed, free wireless internet connection, nice bathroom. I had zero complaints. There is breakfast available in the a.m. - a couple of hot items along with toast, cereal, etc. Not bad at all. The location was great - very near the Art Institute and Millenium Park. It is a small hotel - only 135 rooms and very much has the feel of a small boutique-type hotel. There is no restaurant on the premisis, but they do have a "room service" arrangment with the Italian Village Restaurant down the street, so if you want dinner in your room it is not a problem.

I almost hating writing such a good review because this hotel is a great find and I don't want it to be booked and unavailable when I want to stay here again. I much prefered my stay here to the Palmer House or the Drake (both of which I have stayed in in the past year or so).

Oh, and I am a "plus size" traveler and the room was very comfortable for me- desk chair and lounging chair in the room were both armless - which was a very nice plus.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jmsharpe

This hotel was great. Great location, great staff, great rooms. I was really impressed. I was in town for the chicago marathon and went to visit friends staying at the Renaissance. They paid almost twice what I did and I liked my room much more, it was comfortable and contemporary, even had a HD flatscreen in the room. The only thing that is different than I expected was the lobby was on the fourth floor. The entrance of the hotel on the first floor is next door the to the Majestic Theatre, the lobby/rooms are above the theatre. It is a great hotel and I would stay there again.

Hidden Little Gem in the Theatre District

by TripAdvisor Member dolly2377

We stayed here the last weekend of October. We were going to an event at The Chicago Theatre and we had taken the train into the city. This location is extremely convenient if you want to be near Union Station and the Theatre District and/or Loop. The hotel is less than one mile from Union Station. It is also close to Millennium Park, The Art Institute, Sears Tower and the Chicago Board of Trade. There is also all sorts of shopping nearby, but nothing as swanky as what you'd find on North Michigan Ave.

The hotel is small. It sits on top of the LaSalle Bank Theatre. The entrance for the hotel is located right next to the entrance to the theatre. The lobby for the hotel is on the 4th floor. Our experience with the front desk staff was tolerable. We only dealt with them while checking in and we had to wait while the clerk picked up and talked on the telephone (twice) before even acknowledging we were there. The bell staff downstairs at the entrance are young and unprofessional compared to what you normally see at downtown hotels. When we came back into the hotel after being at the theatre they were like kids playing in the yard...jumping on each other and not having a care in the world that we were there waiting for the elevator. No big deal, just very unprofessional.
The hotel is clean. The room is decorated well and is very comfortable. The bed is VERY comfortable as were the pillows. Since the hotel is small there are only about 10 rooms on each floor so it is relatively quiet.
We did not stay for the free breakfast but it was crowded and looked decent. They had one hot item (biscuits & gravy the day we were there...yuck!) and then cold cereal, bagels, pastries, juices, etc. They have coffee & tea available in the lobby 24/7.

We will definitely return to this hotel again. The price was right and the room clean and comfortable!

Great value hotel in central Chicago

by TripAdvisor Member Globetrottter

Very central hotel, middle of the loop, just a few minutes from Millenium Park and the Art Institute, very convenient for public transport, restaurants and shops. Macy's is just a few blocks away. The bedrooms are modern, with a very comfortable bed and crisp clean white sheets. There's free wifi access throughout the hotel, as well as free access to two computers down in the reception area for those who don't have a laptop with them. Breakfast was included in the price and there was a good choice. However, as the hotel isn't really geared up for serving meals (no restaurant as such), breakfast is self service on plastic plates which let it down a bit. Breakfast is served in the reception area, and there is no lounge area to speak of. But this was a minor consideration, and although there are no frills, the service generally was great. Staff were friendly, especially the doormen who guard the main entrance and can help with finding taxis etc. There aren't many rooms on each floor, so there's quite a homely feel to the place. It's an old building, which has been updated well.
Would definitely stay here again.

Nov 21, 2007 -- Great Hotel to stay for Thanksgiving parade

by TripAdvisor Member GApeach68

My family of 3 just returned from a 1 night stay to see the Thanksgiving Day parade 11/21/2007 . We were literally steps away from where the parade passed by on State St. The hotel is clean with contemporary furnishings and the staff very friendly. It does not have a "GRAND" lobby or a restaurant, but there is a Chop House across the street w/wine bar and the Italian Village which has 3 levels of restaurants is a block away. We ate in the lower level "excellent"!!!

We had a king bed with sofa bed. The room was very spacious, loved the decor and colors. There's a frig and microwave and a beautiful flat screen TV. There were fresh cookies in the lobby around 5:30pm. The breakfast was pretty nice, with fruit, brkt burritos, biscuits, cereal. pastries and juice.

Overall it was a great experience. We would stay here again.
The rooms do have connecting doors which may allow sound through from the next room, but if your neighbors are not too rowdy, the noise is not a factor.

Discount Code for Hampton Inn MAJESTIC THEATRE DISTRICT or Other

by RochelleMP

Hello! I am desperately looking for a discount code or coupon code for a hotel near LaSalle Theatre, which is 18 W. Monroe Street. The Hampton Inn is right there, would be most convenient. There is a place on all online sites for a "Discount" or "Coupon Code." I cannot find one!

Could someone help, please?

Discount Code for Hampton Inn MAJESTIC THEATRE DISTRICT or Other

by kiwi

Normally when they ask for code, it's for a prearranged discount, eg a seminar and the participants can enter the code to get the arranged deal.

by mgmarcus

If you input a coupon code they may want to see the coupon when you arrive or check-out. If the discount code is tied to membership of an organisation or something along those lines they may want to see proof of such membership. In saying that, I have had discounts in the past (not at Hampton Inn) when I was not asked for proof (which I had).

by RochelleMP

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I know sometimes it is a pre-arranged deal. However, there are so many discounts available online now, I am looking for help on that.

Thanks again!
Rochelle

by RochelleMP

Thank you for your response.

Thanks again!
Rochelle

Hotel Help

by garridogal

I might be going to Chicago in a few weeks. My friends and I would like to share a hotel suite - there'll be 4 of us - maybe 5. Can anyone recommend a good hotel that has suites that might even have a sitting or common area that won't be Astronomical in price?

Is this asking too much? I live in Boston and know how ridiculously our hotels are priced!

Not looking for a bargain place, just someplace nice that won't put us all in debt forever. Thanks, much!

-Joann

RE: Hotel Help

by vhasouth

have you checked on the web site www.877chicago.com They have a complete listing of hotels with price guidelines. Also, check VT's top 5 chicago pages and e-mail those people for help. Have a great trip! :)

RE: Hotel Help

by TRimer

I would check out the Hampton Inn. It is close to Michigan Avenue and the rooms are quite spacious. http://www.hamptonsuiteschicago.com/ I think the room rate is quite reasonable too.

RE: RE: Hotel Help

by garridogal

Thank you for all your help. My friends went ahead and booked the Four Seasons. Yikes!

RE: RE: Hotel Help

by pedersdottir

Well. at least you will experience excellent service while in our fair and windy city!

Girls Weekend Getaway

by tlw1961

I will be coming to Chicago with some friends to celebrate two of our birthdays. We are looking for a hotel that is reasonably priced and close to bars or clubs that we can feel safe to go to drink and dance. We are not familiar with the Chicago area and I am hoping someone can give us some tips on places to go to. We are 40ish so not looking for the college scene.

RE: Girls Weekend Getaway

by ThamaraSD

Hi the hotel that I recommend is the Whitehall hotel.
The Whitehall Hotel
105 E. Delaware Pl.
312-944-6300
Try hotels.com for a cheaper rate or call the hotel for special deals.

Not too expensive, nice rooms, great service and in the middle of everything. You'll be right in the middle of gold coast and walking distance or a very short taxi ride to most museums and theaters.
Enclosed are two links for sight seeing etc.
As for places to drink, dine and mingle....( these are all walking distance from your hotel)
Gibsons (great food, strong drinks diverse crowd)
Jilly's ( 40ish crowd could be a bit cheesy but always entertaining :-) or the club down stairs
Tavern on Rush (great food, strong drinks diverse crowd)
Hugo Frog (nice bar diverse crowd)
Carmine's (good food)
Underground Wonder Bar (I love this place very small music venue, late night crowd, very diverse)
The signature room (a bit expensive, but worth every penny)
have a fantastic time, this is a great city, please feel free to contact me if you need more help.
Thamara

RE: Girls Weekend Getaway

by TRimer

I would check out a few places in both the Gold Coast (Sutton Place Hotel or Sofitel) or off of the Magnificent Mile (Hilton Gardens or Hampton Inn). In the Gold Coast you will be close to the area of Rush and Division Street which has a mix of nicer places (i.e. for Sushi), cheesy but fun late night bars (Hange Uppe, The Lodge), and meat markets (Tavern on Rush, Carmines). If you stay at the Hampton Inn on Illinois you will be across the street from both Ben Pao for dining and Rock Bottom (good microbrewery).

Comments