Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago - Downtown

33 W Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, 60610, United States

Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown
Orbitz.com Booking.com Tingo.com

• Best experience ever!!

I just want to say that the staff was the nicest staff I've ever stayed at before! We had an amazing time! I would recommend the hampton Inn suites to everyone! Nice clean rooms, very modern, nice pool,hot tub, and sauna! Great breakfast!! There's not one thing I could ever say bad about this place! Every time I go to Chicago, I will def. stay here! Thanks all of you staff, You were amazing! oh and great location too!! :)

• phildeni's Profile Photo

Good downtown location

Pretty much like any downtown hotel. Service was good, rooms adequate, and the buffet breakfast was a little better than most economical Motels. Valet parking only...at $38.00/night.

Unique Quality: Good location.

• TRimer's Profile Photo

Good Place to Stay with Kids

My mother-in-law and aunt stayed here a fewyears ago for Christmas while they were in town. Joe and I decorated their room to make it seem more like home so I got to check out the digs. Not bad for a Hampton Inn (we have stayed at lots of them all over the country). The rooms were spacious- actually suites. We also had our wedding guests stay here as a less expensive alternative to the Drake.

This is not the place to stay if you want a view. The rooms on the Illinois Street side have more light.

Unique Quality: The apartment-style suites feature galley kitchens with fridges, microwaves, dishwashers, and cooking utensils. Guests with children will appreciate the indoor pool (the suites have VCRs, for when the little ones need to chill out after a busy day). Children under 18 stay free in parent's room, and there is a complimentary buffet breakfast each morning. They also have laundry machines available.

Directions: @ Dearborn Street in an area called River North. A short block away from Rainforest Cafe, Rock Bottom Brewery and four blocks from Michigan Ave. shopping

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Good in a pinch ...

We decided after dinner downtown one evening that we didn't feel like driving home -- so this was in the right place at the right time:)

Unique Quality: It's a Hampton Inn, which is to say it is clean and standardized. The best part in a big city is that breakfast [continental] is included in the room rate. This is the view from the breakfast room ;)

Directions: Corner of W. Illinois and Dearborn across the street from Ben Pao Restaurant.

More about Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago - Downtown

Chicago Hampton Inn & Suites--the Loops best-kept secret!!

From our arrival, the bellman, front desk, guest services manager were all cheerful, professional, and friendly. Our room was very spacious and well-equipped for a big city hotel. The price was very reasonable too.

The hotel is very clean, and the expanded continental breakfast includes hot food---the best deal around! There is a nice little workout area, outdoor patio, and swimming pool & hot tub.

The restaurants, city attractions--are endless---and only a short $5 cab ride or walking distance to numerous locales. I would recommend this hotel to business people or families...a great all-around value!!! I will return. AAA+++

Hampton Inn - a good choice

by TripAdvisor Member Carol.Jean.

We just returned from five nights at the Hampton Inn and Suites and thought there was great value for the money. The rooms and pool area were standard. The location was great and just a block from the train station and there were good restaurants within walking distance. The continental breakfast was excellent and included hot dishes, fresh fruit and the usual breads, muffins and cereal. Most important the people at the front desk were helpful, pleasant and seemed to enjoy tourists. We would stay there again.

loved the Hampton Inn and Suites

by TripAdvisor Member Kate In CT

Stayed for four nights. Excellent hotel. Great location (close to free trolley stop, easy walk to Navy Pier for "walkers"). Hotel staff was very professional yet personable. Buffet breakfast was more than enough for us with fresh fruit and a variety of muffins, bagels, eggs, etc. This was a girls getaway and the four of us stayed in a one-bedroom suite which was roomy, clean and comfortable. Great rate too. Highly recommend this hotel.

Great hotel - location! location! location!

Our family just came back from Chicago for three nights this past weekend. We have two boys, 6 and 4. For a two star hotel, this is one great hotel. The location is the best part about this hotel: (1) it's 1.5 blocks from the FREE(!!) trolley, which goes to the navy pier (until midnight), Field museum, Adler planetarium, Soldier Field, up and down Michigan Ave, Lincoln Park Zoo, etc. (remember, only the navy pier trolley goes until midnight; the other free trolleys stop at 6pm); (2) the hotel is also 1.5 blocks from the subway station, for those who want to go Wrigley Field - a very short ride; (3) about 4 blocks from Michigan Ave, for shopping or to pick up a bus; we took the bus to the Museum of Science & Industry. Every morning, we would have a great breakfast that the hotel put out; eggs one day, waffles (not the best tasting, though) the other day; the "hot" breakfast was different every day. Or you can choose to eat cereal (great for our boys), bagels, muffins (chocolate, too; but you have to be fast or early; they go quickly); fruits like banana or apple. The swimming pool is nice and clean, but just a bit on the cool side for my wife. My older son and i had fun swimming there. My wife and the younger son enjoyed the hot whirlpool. The room (we only got the regular room; two beds - reading the other reviews, i would suggest getting the suite; they sound pretty nice) was pretty good. The front desk staff were great. They were very helpful, patient (i had lots of questions about where to go, how to go, etc.), and very polite. Yes, parking is expensive in Chicago. If you want to valet park, it's $36/day, with in/out as much as you want. We chose to park our minivan ourself. In fact, there is a self parking lot only 20 yards from the hotel. It cost me $55 for three days, and i was able to take our van out one day after 4pm. It's usually $20/day, and you have to pay each time you go in and out. So, if you can tolerate the public transportation system in Chicago and don't need your car for your hotel stay, self park right next to the hotel. We had a great time, especially at the navy pier - good food, lots of kids stuff to do (Children's museum, ferris wheel, 18 hole miniature golf).

Great Location & Service; Highly Recommended

I spent about a week at the Hampton Inn on a business trip, and really have nothing but good things to say about the hotel. It is only about a 15 minute walk to the center of the Loop, very close to the Miracle Mile, and near a number of great restaurants. Not having a car, I was able to get to a number of Chicago landmarks conveniently by foot. The hotel building is in very good shape, the rooms are comfortable, and meet all my expectations as a business traveler. I had a full desk with high-speed internet access. Also, the service was excellent. I travel to Chicago fairly regularly, and the Hampton Inn is one of my top two choices of hotels in downtown Chicago.

Very happy with the Hampton

by TripAdvisor Member edegenhard

Just got back from a two-day trip to Chicago; we had a great stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites. My husband, my two preschool-age sons, and I found the king-bed suite very comfortable and convenient. The separate living area was perfect--the kids ate at the handy counter/table in the kitchenette.

Everyone was very helpful: The bellhop immediately called down to get us a crib when we realized our room didn't have one (I had requested one in my phone call a few days earlier); it was delivered right away.

The location in River North is ideal--close to so many restaurants, and there's a free trolley to Navy Pier just down the street (our only minor complaint during our whole stay: my husband had to wait almost 40 minutes for the trolley, with the two kids in tow).

Overall, we had a great time. We would definitely return again.

El train from O'Hare to Michigan Avenue

by velcroz

Hi,

We are arriving in Chicago in a couple of days and have reservations at American Girl on Chicago Ave at 4 p.m. We are staying at the Hampton Inn Chicago-O'Hare on the night of March 10, 2006, because we are flying out on vacation Saturday. What is the safest and most convienent way to take the El from the airport to Michigan Avenue? How long does it normally take?

Thanks
Kelly

RE: El train from O'Hare to Michigan Avenue

by ljbs

Take the PACE bus #326 from 25th and Lawrence (just east of the hotel) to the Rosemont CTA station. Take the Blue Line South to Chicago Ave. Take the #66 Chicago bus east to Michigan Ave. You can find fare and schedule Information at the Chicago Transit Authority"s web site:

by rmdw

IMHO one just takes the Blue line from O'Hare to The Loop. From there, it's a 2 block walk to Michigan Avenue.

Robert

P.S. Walking around anywhere in downtown Chicago is a fascinating activity. Besides looking around, look up, look up!!! Here are some scenes from my frequent visits: http://mwtech.com/rw/photos/USA/Chicago

by ljbs

Following rmdw's directions (the Blue line is 3 blocks from Michigan Ave, but who counts), you will get to the Loop, which is a fine place to be; you would be at Millenium Park and in the main business district where there are a great many stores and lots of things to see and do. But it's about a mile away from American Girl--not a bad walk in good weather. The #66 bus, however, would get you almost to its door. The trip is quite safe and would take about 45 minutes.

by velcroz

Thanks for your advice. I have been to Chicago about 5 times. Last time I was there was in Aug. 02 to visit my cousins. We went out one night in Lincoln Park and we were coming home from the bar and mugged by two guys around midnight. Since then I have been so cautious when I travel.

Comments