Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown North

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Nice stay and walking distance of all downtown

For those of you who stay at Hilton brand hotels, the downtown Garden Inn will definitely meet your expectations. The rooms are spacious, clean and the beds have those nice soft matrices and comforter that we have grown to like.

The staff at the front desk was very helpful to me when I posed questions to them that might be a bit out of the ordinary. They took the time to research some answers and called me back. That is relatively unheard of in many hotels these days.

If you have business of a bit of fun planned downtown, the hotel is very conveniently located right in the heart, within walking distance of everywhere. And if you need to go someplace else, the subway is just outside.

Unique Quality: There are the typical features of Hilton hotels, such as the business centers, a pool (although relatively small due to being downtown), workout gym facilities, etc.

The lobby is directly attached to the Weber Grill restaurant.

There is valet parking for $44/day. This gives you unlimited access in and out for 24 hours.
    You can alternatively self park in the same building for $38/day, however you must pay for every entrance or exit.

Directions: On Grand Ave, between State St and Wabash.

More about Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown North

Great Weekend At The Hilton Garden Inn

by TripAdvisor Member Pikadil

Just spent a super three- day weekend at the Hilton Garden Inn. Got a great rate of $109.00 from the Hilton web-site. Not super fancy but very clean, new appearance. Staff were all very helpful and pleasant. Did breakfast each morning at The Webber Grill. Great location. Lots of shopping and restaurants within walking distance. Took the free trolley to Navy Pier. This DuPage County kid and friends are already planning our next get away to Chicago and will definitely stay here again.

Very pleasant hotel, great value and great location

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for 4 days after Christmas. I got a fabulous deal (less than $90 night: tax included). It was clean, quiet, a good size and a fabulous location. While it is not the height of luxury, it is comfortable and the surroundings are very pleasant. I literally could find no fault with the hotel. I would definitely stay there again when visiting Chicago.

Beautiful, friendly, secure...

by TripAdvisor Member indyilinds

I work at a Hilton Garden Inn in another city and was not disappointed by the quality of this hotel, by any means. The guest service and valet staff was friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating.

Our guest room was incredibly clean, at a comfortable temperature and even had a decent view, for being surrounded by high rises. We bugged the front desk staff multiple times for directions, locations of attractions, recommendations, etc. Every time they were just as happy to help as if it were our first question.

Our do not disturb sign was on from check in to check out and we were not disturbed once! In my experience with past stays at other hotels throughout the years, a do not disturb sign still means we can be bothered about towels and such. It was a pleasure to have the room all to ourselves.

Our stay was the weekend before St. Patrick's day. The parade was happening as well as the green coloring of the river. The elevators were only accessible by key card. It was nice to have such security with a hard-partying crowd outside!

The hotel is connected with a P.F. Chang's and another great restaurant; the name escapes me-they make grills, though. These restaurants will deliver to your room, if you like!! There's nothing like Chang's chicken lettuce wraps and mago iced tea in your pajamas!!

If you get the chance, I highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Chicago.

Very Enjoyable Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Maria40Dublin

Have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn and will definately be staying here again.The location was superb ; 2 blocks from Michigan Avenue and surrounded by a large range of restaurants and shops. The staff were extremely pleasant and friendly at all times and the whole hotel seems brand new and clean. The free internet access from all rooms is a huge bonus,as is the fridge in the room. The only small problem we had was that you had to run the hot tap for about 5 minutes until the hot water came for the shower.But I think this was more to do with the location of our room at the end of a long corridor with no adjoining rooms.
I'd highly recommend this hotel for anyone on a Chicago break: and I'm usually a very fussy hotel guest!

Would definitely stay here again

We stayed here for 3 nights in july. The room was very clean, spacious and had an amazing view. The staff were friendly and very helpful, we were shown to our room by a member of staff to check that we thought there was enough room for the rollaway beds that we required. There was plenty of room for the rollaway beds and they were brought up straight away. There was free internet access, a small pool, hot pool and small gym all of which we made good use of. The hotel is in a great location right outside of the El. We would definitely stay here again.

If you get a good rate, this hotel is hard to beat!

I stayed at this property Nov. 11-13. The hotel was very nice and very clean. The Weber grill downstairs has a great breakfast menu and a good atmosphere at night. The location is perfect. 1/2 a block from ESPNZONE, Hard Rock Cafe, Rain Forest Cafe, Michigan Ave. My room was on the 15th floor and had a great view if the Sears Tower. I booked the room through Hilton's website and received a rate of $115 per night. I will stay at this property next time I am in CHI-TOWN...

Very comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member coffeespoonman

Though this place doesn't have the charm of some of the older hotels in Chicago, it is very clean and comfortable. The best part is the pool on the 12th floor. If there aren't a bunch of frat boys in the hot tub, you might actually get a chance to relax and gaze out the fully windowed walls for the great view. We paid $96 for the room (2 double beds), but I wouldn't go much more than that. Not that it's not nice, but you can get a room in the Knickerbocker for that much. This just feels like most other Holiday Inn type places.

regal hotel

The Hilton is a regal grand hotel. We stayed on the excutive floor. The room was a little small but a nice view of the park at a resonable price. Some freebee's are the beautiful Botanical Gardens, Lincoln Park Zoo, and Buckingham Fountain. Downtown offers an array of dinning. We ate at Fridays which was within walking distance to our hotel. Navy Pier is a must, but you'll want to find parking on the street. Second City is great for laughs at a reasonable price. The Shed Aquarium, although a little pricey is a Must see. For those romatics take a carriage ride around the city for about $30. There are lots of other great musems to visit too.

Late Evening in Chicago - where to go

by lmclaughlin1216

Going to fly out of Chicago in February at 1:30 and wanted to stay in an area where I could walk in the evening and catch a flavor of the city - Pubs, people, etc.

Would appreciate recommendations. I do the hilton honors thing so any hilton partners nearby are a plus.

by DSwede

There is a Hilton at the airport, but no places readily close to get out and walk around in the evenings. There are a few Hiltons & partner places across the northwest suburbs, but they are all in fairly quiet areas. There are obviously good places for food and drink, but mostly residential areas and strip malls.

The one saving grace if you stay at the Airport Hilton is that the Blue Line runs 24 hours a day, so you could get downtown and spend your leisure time there and return as you wish.

by Dabs

I'm not entirely sure I understand you question but if you are looking to stay at a Hilton in downtown Chicago, these are the ones I think that are the best located

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, 10 E. Grand Avenue

Conrad Hotel, 521 North Rush Street, Magnificent Mile (this was listed on Hilton's website as one of theirs)

Drake Hotel, 140 East Walton Place, Magnificent Mile, (also listed on Hilton's website)

The Hilton on S. Michigan and Palmer House Hilton are both in the loop/business district where there is less nightlife and restaurants although they are both close to either bus or el transporation.

by Chi-Guy

The Hilton & Towers on 720 South Michigan that Dabs mentioned above is actually exactly across the street from Buddy Guy's Legends blues bar. It is directly behind it on Wabash. It is a really good time. There is also a great Irish pub located inside the Hilton called Kitty O'Shea's. Very easily walkable from the blue line to get to the airport. There isn't too much else to do in the area, but I am sure there are some other places that I am unaware of.

Comments