633 North St. Clair Street, Chicago, Illinois, 60611, United States

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Nice hotel but.........

This hotel was very nice and the service was excellent. Great location to walk for shopping.
    When I booked the hotel I asked for a smoking room (which is advertised on the internet). I was told at check-in that the hotel has been non-smoking for a year. I asked why the internet site had not been updated and the staff said that it has been mentioned to management. Obviously management doesn't see a need to update the web site. All in all a pleasant stay and would stay there again.

Directions: close to the Magnificant Mile

• Nice hotel but horrible service

Took the family here on vacation. It's a nice hotel, clean, etc. But the customer service is horrible at all levels. I paid the outrageous price of $50 a night for parking and they literally lost our car. We got up in the morning to go visit some friends and waited three hours and finally a manager said that they would pay for a taxi. I was told they found the car in a parking lot that they usually don't use sometime in the afternoon.

Ordered room service and they also lost the order. Finally after waiting two hours we went out.

I travel 50% of the time for my job and I have reasonable expectations. But this was terrible.

• sabogg01's Profile Photo

Nice location and rooms-Horrible customer service

We booked reservations for this hotel through Priceline. The price was only $65 a night. I booked reservations over a month in advance and called the hotel and requested a room with 2 beds (As I know that priceline does not guarentee what bed you get) The hotel agreed and said that it would be no problem at all (Would have paid for an additional room had we known in advance) We get to chicago and spend an entire day out in the 90 degree heat and pay for the taxi to get us to the Wyndham. We arrive hot and sweaty and in need of a shower, they apparently overbooked and we were informed that they did not have a room for us. I was annoyed at this but was willing to have them make arrangements at another hotel. They make arrangements for us at another hotel, that we had to pay yet another taxi for, We get to that hotel and wait for maybe 45 minutes before they will talk to us. They tell us they do not have rooms with more than 1 bed. It was 3 adults and we did not want to share 1 bed! They called the Wyndham back on our behalf and I talked with Wyndham and was told it was taken care of to see the desk clerk. I did and they basically said that we would have to pay for another room. I was furious at this because they wanted the regular room price which was about $179.00. I was not going to pay that when that was not in the arrangements, so they talked with the Wyndham again and they somehow "found" us a room so, another taxi later we had to pay more fees and get back to the WYndham. I was so mad that I was crying at this point! We finally get to a room with 2 beds. At this point i was just glad to get to a room with a shower and a bed. I feel the room was worth what we paid but would have not have paid the normal rate of around $159.00. The rooms were small and we did not have a microwave or a fridge. We did not have a view of anything except the side of another building. I will not be staying at the Wyndham again anytime soon!

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

By Request

I loved this hotel for not only its great location, it was amazingly affordable, half the price of some nearby hotels with near equal luxury. The restaurant here is fabulous, the room service was fast and accurate, and the room was very spacious with free Wi-Fi- they gave me a corner suite for only $20 more and it was worth every penny!

Unique Quality: Easy access valet and free Wi-Fi, along with an awesome in-house restaurant, made this a great place to stay in downtown Chicago

Directions: Valet Parking is on Erie going East....

• deecat's Profile Photo

Great Hotel For Wedding Guests

"There's a freshness, a vitality about the city. It hasn't been corroded with ultra-sophistication and with its citizens' esteeming of their own quality. Yet at the same time, it's a magnificent city--the architecture, the music. It's enough to make your mouth drop open. Gerald Arpino, cofounder of the Joffrey Ballet, 1995

July10, 2004, , my daughter Jill was married here in Chicago, and after much investigating and visiting of hotels, we selected Wyndham Chicago for the hotel for guests and the wedding party. Why? We selected the Wyndham because of its location, the spaciousness of the rooms and suites, and because of the special price we were given for Jill's special day.
    Jill and her new husband, Eric stayed two nights in a suite. Allan and I also stayed in a suite. We have reserved rooms for guests as well.
    The Wyndham Chicago is located in the heart of Chicago's Magnificent Mile, just one block off of Michicgan Avenue. It is close to wonderful restaurants, high-end shopping, great museums, the new Theater District, Navy Pier, and a few blocks from Lake Michigan. Compared to other hotels of its caliber, its rooms are quite large and all have a panoramic view of downtown Chicago. In addition, it has a fitness center and an indoor pool. Also, there is a well-regarded restaurant called "Caliterra Bar & Grille".
    For all these reasons and because the personnel are so friendly and helpful, we selected the Wyndham Chicago as our Wedding Event Hotel. Likewise, you should select it whenever you visit Chicago. Our suite was gigantic and beautifully appointed. But, it is the SERVICE that sets the Wyndham Hotel on top of the places to stay. Every single staff member went out of his/her way to make us feel welcome.

Unique Quality: The rooms are wonderful, and the suites are fabulous. Both are quite spacious with large windows overlooking the city. The hotel has 417 rooms (327 are non-smoking rooms! Thank Goodness); there are 49 suites.
    The bathrooms are luxurious with Golden Door Bath Care amenities. A truly unique feature is the computer keyboard that accompanies each TV. For $10.99, you have access to the Net for 24 hours!
    Coffee/Tea are complimentary in each room; Monday-Friday the USA Today Newspaper is delivered to the room; Valet parking with in/out privileges is available for a daily fee; Power converters for International Guests;high-speed Internet access and cordless multi-line phones are standard features; Hair Dryer, Iron/Ironing Board, Mini Bar, and VCR are in each room.
    The Caliterra Bar & Grille serves great food--influenced by Tuscan and Northern California cuisines, Executive Chef Rick Gresh has received "rave" reviews.
    Wyndham Chicago is a perfect hotel in a perfect location.

• Nice Hotel, Great Location

This is a very nice hotel with a great location if you want to be near food, entertainment, and shopping. It is located just east of Michigan Ave., close to all the shopping, and a short walk from plenty of great restaurants, bars, and nightclubs. It is very centrally located off N. Michigan Ave., about equal distance from both the river and the Hancock Center.

The staff is very friendly, and even upgraded my room to an executive suite at no extra charge when the double room I had originally booked was not ready at check-in.

Try looking for a special web rate - I got a double room for $109/night one weekend. This is a great deal for a 4-star hotel. Otherwise, expect to pay an average of about $145 - $225/night depending on the season. Of the 5 Chicago hotels I have stayed at so far, this is the one I would most likely stay at again.

Unique Quality: The rooms are very upscale, spacious, and comfortable.

Rooms are available with cable, refrigerator, mini bar, sofa bed, high-speed internet, bathroom amenities, and more.

There is a good restaurant, Caliterra, on site. Room service is 24 hours. Other services include concierge, computer rental, same day dry cleaning, express check-out, valet parking ($38 with 24 hr in/out privileges), translation services, and wake-up calls.

Directions: Just East of Michigan Ave. at Erie & St. Clair

More about Wyndham Chicago

Wyndham - Chicago O'Hare

by tpappas15 about Wyndham

AUG-2008: Aircraft technical problem on the way to Hong Kong required the aireline to put us passengers in multiple hotels for the night. I ended up at his hotel near the airport.

Given that I did not have to pay for the stay, there is not much in terms of criticism I can report. The main dining room was closed for service by the time I arraived, the the bar was still open and I was able to get a decent sandwitch.

The room was fine and the shuttle service to/from the airport was on time.

The BEST in Chicago

Stayed at the Wyndham Chicago for one week around Easter and found this to be the best Hotel I stayed in Chicago, where I once lived and frequently travel. The location cannot be beaten - one block away fom the Magnificent Mile. The rooms are large, very nicely decorated and the bathroom is not only huge, but also extremly clean. The staff is very friendly, especially at the front desk and the concierges. Very good restaurants in the area, can recommend Kamehachi for sushi.
Changed the hotel for each of my Chicago-trips, but now, I will stay with the Wyndham

Comments