Marriott Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Michigan Avenue/Magnificent Mile Lodging

Room 4032

On the most famous street in Chicago, this hotel is primely located on Michigan Avenue - downtown within walking distance of tons of restaurants, bars, clubs, tourist attractions and only 2 blocks from the "Grand" Metra (El/train) stop.

Beautiful sitting areas and lounge - was quite a happening place over St. Patrick's weekend, with lots of partygoers in attendance. Rooms were very quiet (ours was on the 40th floor), and the views were absolutely stunning.

Check out the photo of the leather chairs with the red wall - I'm going to steal this idea for my sitting room!

Unique Quality: At turn-down, the maid leaves chocolates on your pillow! Gotta love that!

Directions: Downtown Area - Magnificent Mile

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

Great location on MIchigan Ave.

We have stayed here several times and always enjoyed it. The rooms are clean and well appointed.

Unique Quality: Location. On the Mag Mile, within easy walking distance of Rock Bottom, Hard Rock Cafe and be sure to visit the historic Billy Goat Tavern.

• FatherlandAlmighty's Profile Photo

Great views from the higher floors!

I happen to love fog and gloom in a dynamic urban setting. I've seen melanoma-inducing sun and boring as all heck mountains for far too long. If you can afford it, the floor levels above 40 provide some amazing views of one of the greatest cities on the planet. Yes, in my photo that's super thick fog, and in the background is Lake Michigan and Lake Shore Drive. This metropolis is amazing, you have to experience it and marvel and it's architecture, history, and outlook towards the future!

Unique Quality: The downtown Marriott is right smack in the middle of the Magnificent Mile and spitting distance from Rush and Ontario, two incredible streets with all the action you want at your fingertips!

• heath1978's Profile Photo

Top Spot in Chicago

Excellent service and perfect location, right in the heart of the Magnificent Mile. Exit from the back doors and you'll immediately step foot on bustling Michigan Avenue. Seconds away from shopping, dining, sight-seeing and entertainment. 1st class accomodations in a 1st class city.

Unique Quality: Location. Location. Location.

Directions: Centrally located on Michigan Avenue. Close to Navy Pier, Sears Tower, John Hancock Tower, shopping, etc.

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

In the Middle of it all

With this stay being my first in downtown Chicago, I had no idea what to expect... sometimes staying in downtown area getting in and out is a very difficult matter. With an awesome location at 540 N. Michigan Ave., this place made it all seem easy. I found the valet by cutting over from Wacker to Stat to Kinzer to Rush (valet is at the rear of the building on Rush and Ohio). The check in was sooo smooth, the bell hops attentive, the room was a fabulous corner suite, and the room service very fast and accurate. The view from the room was amazing, I could see from the Hancock building all the way down Lake Shore Drive. I had to take my car from valet a few times and it was all very well organized and fluid, this Hotel made a stay in a busy downtown hotel seem like it was in middle America with no worries at all.

Unique Quality: I loved the fact you can access Michigan and Rush Ave. with a walk across the lobby... it was very easy to get in and out of this hotel.

Directions: Park behind the hotel on Rush, just make sure you take the right way in.

• tatyanap's Profile Photo

Stay in the middle of the Magnificent Mile!

We have truly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The rooms were gorgeously decorated. I loved the down comforter and pillows. Our service was superb -- every request was courteously carried out quickly and efficiently; they made our dinner reservations as well as other reservations.

Unique Quality: Within a few steps from many attractions -- right in the middle of Chicago's Magnificent Mile. Here are some attractions -- upscale store, The Navy Pier, Art Museum, Pizzeria Uno, many great restaurants, Hancock Building, Sears Tower, etc.

Everything was within an easy walk.

Also, there was an airport shuttle (I think it was $10 per person, not bad). Very convenient!

• deecat's Profile Photo

A Great Place To Stay With Children...

"There are some cities that are resolutely turned toward the future. Chicago is one of them. Its very size, the beauty of its bold, modern architecture--these are the signs of a powerful, dynamic metropolis full of life and activity."

When our daughter Jill was growing up, we would always stay at the Chicago Marriott Downtown Hotel. Many times, we would let her invite a friend along when we would have an "adventure" weekend in the city. The Marriott is great for staying with children because the staff is quite accommodating; the rooms are large; the location is perfect for walking everywhere.
    The hotel is located in the Magnificent Mile and literally "soars" 46 stories upward. It is very large with 1,192 rooms and five restaurants and lounges. It consistently earns honors such as AAA Diamonds, Mobil Travel Guide Stars, and three Michelin Stars.
    When we stayed there, we would always walk to Uno's for Pizza.
    The children loved the indoor pool (small, but nice). We always asked for one of the high floors so the views of Michigan Avenue and the rest of the city were spectacular.
    The furniture is stylish with warm, rich tones. The lobby is massive; yet, it still has an intimate feel because of the furniture arrangement. The photo is of Jill and her friend in that lobby with a stained glass window behind them.

Unique Quality: There are so many choices for eating/drinking in this hotel. I remember that we always came on a special "deal" which included breakfast and dinner.
    JW's Steakhouse is an elegant choice for dinner. Ventoso is Italian and is more informal and good for breakfast and lunch, but they also serve dinner.
    The Lobby Bar is good for driniks and conversation.
    4th Edition is not my choice because it is really for cigar smokers.
    The Bean is the lobby coffee bar for specialty coffees.
    There is Valet parking available for $34.00 per day.
    he rooms have high-speed internet access, cable/satellite TV, complimentary in-room coffee, hairdryers, in-room safe, and a free USA Today Mon.-Fri.
    Check-in: 4:00 PM
    Check-Out: 12:00 PM

More about Marriott Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile

RESIDENCE IN by MARRIOTT in...

by Mishlay

RESIDENCE IN by MARRIOTT in meadow Creek Ave.Near The DISNY Area & District.
it is 119$ & if you booked more than three night they give you one night free. BTW ( try to book from your Location it is Must be Lower than if you try to BOOK in front of te DESK . It is About Saving Your Money & Time :) it is Lowest In the Price & it is a Good Member for a Known Hotel & the Location is very Good the SUPER MARKET & THE PHARMACY & RESTAURANT's & THE DISNEY District just a minutes Away From it .

Work Hotel

by RioNights about Hickory Ridge Marriott Conference Center & Hotel

Good Place to have conferences and classes. Rooms are super small but comfortable enough. Plenty of conference rooms. Nice set up for afternoon breaks from class. Girls loved the chocolate fountain!

Room at a MarriottRoom at a Marriott

Welcome to Fairfield Inn by MarriottWelcome to Fairfield Inn by Marriott

East Side of MarriottEast Side of Marriott

Jill and Rosie at Marriott Lincolnshire TheaterJill and Rosie at Marriott Lincolnshire Theater

Where to Stay?

by Tahiti1028

We will be traveling to Chicago for next Thursday and Friday nights, but we have no clue which hotel we should stay at. I basically have three choices: Hyatt Regency, Sheraton Chicago, or Courtyard by Marriott (Magnificent Mile). I am really leaning towards the Hyatt, but the Sheraton also looks appealing. We have stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott (same location) before and weren't crazy about it.

Opinions?

by yooperprof

The Sheraton and the Hyatt Regency essentially face one another across the Chicago River, so in terms of location I think it's a wash between them. The Sheraton is a newer property, although the rooms of the Hyatt have been recently updated. I've stayed in both, and they are both very fine 4* hotels, but I think I might give a slight edge to the Sheraton - partly because I don't think it's as big as the Hyatt.

The Marriott Courtyard really isn't anywhere near the same class as the other two, I'd say.

by Tahiti1028

Which hotel's rooms are larger? The Sheraton or the Hyatt?

by yooperprof

They are both big conference hotels - I checked and the Hyatt has about 2000 rooms, the Sheraton 1200.

by Tahiti1028

Thanks so much for the replies! I've thought it over, and I've decided that we'll stay at the Sheraton. The cold and impersonal feel that a lot of people seem to comment on, makes the Hyatt less appealing. Thanks again!

by Tahiti1028

I went on Expedia today to book the Sheraton, but there were no rooms available for Friday night. So, instead I went with the Hyatt Regency. I looked at some pictures and the hotel looks great. I actually like the modern decor more then the Sheraton's more traditional atmosphere. I'll post a reply on Saturday when I return! :)

Size matters! :)

I'm sure you'll have a nice stay.

Comments