Midway Inn

5335 S Pulaski Rd, Chicago, Illinois, 60632, United States
AMOMA.com Otel.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Chicago

American Girl - the dolls house, ChicagoAmerican Girl - the dolls house, Chicago

orderingordering

at lake michiganat lake michigan

walkingwalking

charge to get to the bar in the Hancock Tower

by lpeterson1999

How much does it cost to get to the Lounge in the Hancock Tower?

by goodfish

Depends on how fast you want to get up there. Regular pass is $15 - an express pass is more ($29, I believe).

Here's the website with everything you need to know:

by Dabs

Getting to the lounge at the Hancock is free, goodfish is confusing it with the observatory which is a floor or two above the Signature Lounge. If you stay and sit at a table, then you should order a drink which are a bit higher in price than at many other bars but you do get one of the most spectacular views in Chicago. You can also dine at the Signature Lounge, I understand from friend's that they have a nice lunch buffet that's not too pricey.

The view from the ladies bathroom is also quite spectacular, sorry if you are not of the fairer sex :-)

by Dabs

Here's the website, the Lounge is on the 96th floor, the Signature Room is on the 95th and the observatory is on the 94th so the lounge and room are actually higher up. I've never bothered with the observatory, I always take visitors to the lounge.

by goodfish

Kristi, here is what confused me (from the wesbite):

"Once you've got your admission ticket or Sky High Annual Pass (don't forget about your 10% off!), come join us at the world's highest Lavazza Espression concept café!"

It made it sound like you had to have ticket. Is there a different lounge? Sorry if I got it wrong. :(

by goodfish

OK, I see - it's a different lounge than the one I had posted.
Should have let the Chicago experts tackle this - ha!

:-)

I don't think that anyone who lives here goes to the observatory, on the other hand we know what we are looking at while most visitors don't. I have paid to go to the top of the Sears (Willis) but that was because someone made me.

by goodfish

LOL! I think I'm done with the high-building-for-bunch-of-money stuff. Just came from Paris. No, we did not go up in the Eiffel.

by TOPSHELFPUBCRAWLER

Like Dabs (Kristi) said, no cost to get into Signatures. There is a bar next to the restaurant. Signatures offers very fine dining, but you will overpay for the view. Food is okay but there is much finer dining in Chi-Town. I usually head to the bar which offers basically the same view. So really, the cost is just for the drink. The corner and window side tables are often full, but you can always wait for one to clear (it is self seating).

Cheers!

by riorich55

Hey Kate leave that Chicago stuff to us. LOL

Like you web we went to Paris we didn't get close to the Eiffel Tower. Too many other things to see. Never been to the top of Big John.

by goodfish

I'll do that, Rich - this is one time my trust google skills let me down!

by riorich55

Maybe you'll have to switch over from Google to Bing.

LOL!

Travel Tips for Chicago

Reliabilt 5600 Survivor vinyl replacement windows

by jackmcbull

Quick as a minute, jack installed our new Reliabilt windows, and they have done us nothing but good. Not just windows, they're actually glass systems with double glazed construction. They are watertight and airtight. Their construction means that we don't have leaky windows or drafts anymore, true, but we also don't have high energy bills anymore. They also have a secure locking system. And more than that, one of the most amazing things about these Reliabilt 5600 Survivor vinyl replacement windows is that they are guaranteed, for life. As long as I own my home, I won't have to pay for another window replacement once they're installed. So what did I do next? I took Bill's advice, thanked Chad for the "favor" he'd done us, and then? I had Jack install Reliabilt 5600 Survivor vinyl replacement windows in the rest of my house. And oh, yeah. Jack thanked Chad, too. Quick as a minute, jack installed our new Reliabilt windows, and they have done us nothing but good. Not just windows, they're actually glass systems with double glazed construction. They are watertight and airtight. Their construction means that we don't have leaky windows or drafts anymore, true, but we also don't have high energy bills anymore. They also have a secure locking system. And more than that, one of the most amazing things about these Reliabilt 5600 Survivor vinyl replacement windows is that they are guaranteed, for life. As long as I own my home, I won't have to pay for another window replacement once they're installed. So what did I do next? I took Bill's advice, thanked Chad for the "favor" he'd done us, and then? I had Jack install Reliabilt 5600 Survivor vinyl replacement windows in the rest of my house. And oh, yeah. Jack thanked Chad, too.

Sometimes things that seem stressful and even nerve wracking can actually be beneficial. Case in point, a recent "catastrophe" that actually turned in our favor when it introduced us to Reliabilt 5600 Survivor vinyl replacement windows.

Sometimes, things that seem to be downright inconvenient or even worse can be beneficial in the end. As the example, I had a recent "disaster" that actually turned out to be in my favor. Why? Because I am now the proud owner of Reliabilt 5600 Survivor vinyl replacement windows.

Take Taxi's everywere in the city

by williammadden

Chicago has a lot of good and Bad area's. the problem arises from the fact that they are all intertwined and one wrong turn could ruin an otherwise great vacation. Taxi's will advise you as to what type of area you are in.

walk along the beach while...

by jmarlies

walk along the beach while looking at the city. Feel the wind. Buy a hot dog and tell jokes. You can stay away from Michigan Avenue and walk around the city neighborhoods. That's where the most interesting people, shops and sites can be found (not on the tourist walk). I miss cabs and the train when I'm not here. It's never hard to get home. I also miss all the people walking around the streets, no matter how cold it is. You can always count on not feeling alone.

THE CROWN FOUNTAIN

by LoriPori

Jaume Plensa's interactive CROWN FOUNTAIN delights visitors with the sights and sounds of water cascading down the facades of two 50-foot high glass brick towers at either end of a shallow black granite reflecting pool. The Crown Fountain is animated by a constantly changing exhibition of lights and electronic images. The faces of 1,000 Chicago residents were recorded and are randomly displayed on the tower's LED screens.
I was completely amazed with the faces. In the main pic, Robert lined me up with the image and the result was quite cool I think.

Only in Chicago ...

by shrimp56

Will you see Monet Haystack paintings in a row. I was lucky to catch them all "at home" -- as they are often requested for exhibits in other museums. Monet often used the same subject matter to demonstrate his impressionist theories regarding light and atmosphere.
For several other haystacks visit this link
Web Museum