MileNorth Hotel - Chicago

166 East Superior Street, Chicago, Illinois, 60611, United States formerly Affinia Chicago Hotel

MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel
Booking.com Jetsetter.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Jefie's Profile Photo

My new home in Chicago!

Let me begin by saying that I had a fabulous stay at the Affinia Chicago! From the moment I checked in to the moment I left, the staff made me feel as though I had just found a new home in Chicago. My room was very nicely decorated, spacious and very comfortable. The location was perfect, just a few steps away from Magnificient Mile and the Museum of Contemporary Art. I thought that staying in the River North area was the best option in Chicago since it's located within easy walking distance from the downtown area, but at the same time it's much more lively at night and on the weekend, and it therefore feels much safer.

When you book a room at the Affinia, you'll be offered a choice of six pillows (free of charge), and they can also provide you with special yoga, walking tours or BYOB experience kits for the duration of your stay. They make sure to let you know that the entire staff is at your disposition to help you plan your day in Chicago - they can help you look for tickets to sports games or musicals, look up directions and print you a map or make reservations at restaurants. When I came back in the evening there was always someone to greet me and ask me about my day :o) I would not hesitate to stay there again next time I'm in Chicago!

Unique Quality: There is a restaurant (C-House) but I didn't have time to go. I did have a drink at the hotel's rooftop bar (C-View) - there was a really nice atmosphere, both inside and out on the rooftop terrace. There is free Internet access in the rooms, but there is no business center which means you'll have to find an Internet cafe if you don't have your laptop with you. All the rooms have a minibar, a coffee machine, a safe, a bathrobe, and Aveda products in the bathroom.

Directions: Streeterville (North Side) area

More about Affinia Chicago Hotel

Refined & Great

by TripAdvisor Member captainlate

Our four day stay here was great. We had a suite and it was tastefully done...staff was friendly and the breakfast buffet was also very good, reasonably priced...one block from the MagMile...near the Neiman Marcus and about two blocks from the Red Line "El"/Chicago station. Workout room is okay but you need to take a separate elevator there. Next door is a Bennihanas and a new pizza place with a mountain of an ice cream sundae dessert. Down the block is the corner bakery. This is a very nice hotel with an upper roof pool....it was small but nice. We would stay here again.

Elegant touch right off of Michigan Ave

by TripAdvisor Member playmaker16

17 stories up with a beautiful bedroom view; friendly staff; great room service; just needed a slightly bigger bathroom. Romantic for a gorgeous night in Chicago...America's City.

Fitzpatrick is Fitzperfect!

I just returned from a business trip to Chicago and stayed at the Fitzpatrick based on the reviews I read here. I love this hotel. Generally not one for boutique hotels, I think the Fitzpatrick may have changed my mind. As I travel quite a bit for business I've stayed in all types of hotels and I must say that the Fitzpatrick really felt like home on the road. I stayed in what was probably one of the smaller rooms, but I did request a room with a view upon check in. The staff at the desk were lovely, as was the bellman who was always nearby to help. The sleeping area of my room was sunken, I walked down two steps to get to the bed. It made the room appear larger than it was and was a delightful change from your ordinary room. The bed was awesome, huge and you almost have to climb on, which I love. The canopy was gorgeous with lighting hidden within. My view was fabulous and the only minor problem I had was the water pressure, which is a problem in most places because I hate water saving shower-heads. The room was immaculate and the maids are very sweet. In fact everyone I encountered at the Fitzpatrick was warm and delightful and when you happened upon one of the employees with an irish accent it is charming. The location is terrific and I walked to the art museum (go!) but I love to walk, so the 15 or so blocks didn't bother me and the tribune and wrigley buildings were like cathedrals in their architecture, so I grabbed any opportunity to walk by and gawk. My conference was held at the Palmer house, which is grand and lovely, but I was happy I chose the more intimate Fitzpatrick. It's Fitz-perfect!

Fitzpatrick very pleasant

My husband & I booked the Fitzpatrick through Orbitz and were looking for quality as well as a good price. We were very happy with the Fitzpatrick's room and staff. Beth Johnsen our concierge made reservations for us when we couldn't get through to a restaurant, the valets were very helpful in getting us cabs, and everyone was friendly and interested in making our stay pleasant. The location couldn't be better, and the only negative for us was the $33.00 a day parking. I know that it's pretty standard but we will probably park elsewhere next time or go by plane and forget the car. You don't really need it.

Great Stay at the Fitz

Based our long weekend stay off of positive comments from this site. We couldn't be happier with our stay at the Fitz. We had a Queen Suite that was wonderful. Far larger than normal hotel rooms, and segmented enough to rpvide a little privacy (if someone is sleeping in and another wants to watch TV in the living room area. Wonderful service from the concierge and bellman. Bags were brought up immediately upon arrival. Suite had a nice Brookstone CD system that was so much nicer than just turining on a TV when spending some down time in the room.
Perfectly close to Mich Ave. One down side is that there was only 1 bellman to help with nags on Sunday morning. As this is a prime departure time, I would've thought 2 or 3 would be more appropriate.

Definitely a worthwhile place to stay.

by TripAdvisor Member BritYank

We stayed at the Fitzpatrick hotel over July 4th weekend, having chosen it based on Tripadvisor reviews. We weren't disappointed. ALL the staff were, without exception, the friendliest, most accommodating staff of any hotel we have stayed at in the downtown area. The location is perfect. The rooms well equipped and large, with the most comfortable beds one could hope for. Fitzer's Pub is charming. The breakfast room is quiet, and a welcome respite from the mad rush of eating breakfast at the bakery down the street. Valet parking was extremely prompt.

However, as with all hotels, it wasn't perfect. We had a queen suite and the bathroom is very small. No problem for us, but cramped if you like large plush bathrooms. The roof top pool sounds novel but is very small and there is no shade. The TVs, although there are two, with a large selection of channels, are probably the smallest I have seen in any of the numerous hotels we have stayed in. The last thing we were not crazy about was having to call for ice there are no ice machines on the floors.

Having said all this, the Fitzpatrick is still most definitely worth a visit! The pros far outweigh the cons.

To die for! Left me speechless!

I was looking for a hotel in downtown for my wife's birthday. Based on the reviews I read I decided to go with the Fitzpatrick. I got an excellent price from thier website, and I kept in touch with Tim Hienz who works at the front desk. I couldn't imagine him to be any nicer, out of kindness he upgraded my room from a Standard, to a King Suite!
Wow, the rooms were to die for! They were so cozy, well decorated, clean, and had everything you can imagine; much better than the Four Seasons. The staff met my every need, such as putting our cake in the freezer, giving us complimentry champange and finger foods, most importantly they were very freindly. Also the hotel is right in downtown. Such much to say, if I were you I would definately stay here, look for great we deals, and keep in touch with Tim Hienz.

WI CT visit

We stayed at the Fitzpatrick in October of 2003 and absolutely loved it!! I picked up my fiance at o'hare and we arrived in Chicago at 9:30 a.m. knowing check in was not until 3:00. We planned to check our bags and tour the city, but to our surprise our room was ready and we were able to check in immediately. The desk staff was very friendly as was everyone else we encountered. The rooms were perfect...not your typical layout. I would agree a bit on the small side, but plenty of room for our weekend stay and if we needed more room we could have upgraded. The bed was way compfy.. CD player a nice addition and we loved the sitting area. There was also a mini treadmill right in the room. We had lunch at the pub downstairs.. food was fantastic, reasonably priced and the server was excellent. Parking may seem pricey to those of us not used to paying for parking... but for Chicago, it was reasonable. Not to mention you could come and go and most parking ramps downtown do not offer that perk. His flight did not leave until 6p.m. and we were able to leave the car well past our "parking" limit at no charge. As a whole we loved Chicago and defineately will plan more visits. I am from the midwest, but was still impressed with how friendly, helpful, and pleasant EVERYONE we encountered was.. my fiance, being from the East, was stunned, he could not get over it. We will def. stay at the Fitzpatrick in the future. Thanks for a great weekend!!!

Treated like Gold on the Gold Coast

Chose the Fitzpatrick for its great location and a special on the rate and was not disappointed. It's great to be steps from Michigan Avenue, behind Neiman Marcus, and a block from Water Tower. Frequently stay in the city, so can compare with others of higher price and less luxurious accommodations. A secure and comfortable room, especially clean and convenient with coffee, fridge, robe, slippers, hair dryer, pants press, iron/board. Friendly, helpful staff who seemed glad to assist.
Our new favorite!