800 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, Illinois, 60611, United States

Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Mairo21's Profile Photo

Luxurious Comfort in a convenient location.

Park Hyatt is located right in the middle of downtown Chicago. Set on Michigan Avenue...also known as the 'magnificent mile,' it is just a few steps away from shopping, eating, and more shopping. A boutique hotel, it offers comfort and luxury and some of the greatest views of the city. Rooms are very elegant, stylish,spacious, and spa like. Staff are friendly and most helpful. The historic Water Towers are located right in front of the hotel.

Unique Quality: On the 7th floor, there is a Fitness Center, Spa, and Pool.

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Overlooking history

Unique Quality: The current Park Hyatt Hotel rose on the ashes of an earlier smaller version. This one combined a hotel with condominiums and contains the excellent retaurant NoMi [the window that sticks out.] The view from the rooms in the front is of the historic Water Tower Place.

• TracyG's Profile Photo

Super Luxury!

If you are looking for some real luxury and don't mind paying for it then the Park Hyatt is for you. I came here with my boyfriend on a business trip, so luckily I didn't have to pay....!
    It is pricey, I'm in two minds as to whether I would actually pay so much for this though!

Unique Quality: The most massive of everything that I have ever seen. The bath is huge, the rooms are huge, the bed is huge, AND there is a TV in the bathroom!

Directions: On Water Tower Square

More about Park Hyatt Chicago

The Park Hyatt Chicago - an little piece of heaven

The Park Hyatt Chicago is a luxurious hotel situated by the Water Tower on Michigan Avenue. It's right in the middle of the shopping district. The rooms are beautiful. The bath products were fantastic. I loved the soap so much I asked to for a few extras to take home. To my disbelief - housekeeping gave me more than 20 bars of soap! (the products are davies gates and typically cost $10 a bar). The restaurant/lounge has good drinks and great food. The service was impeccable and the staff very polite and helpful. This is a must stay. Oh yes... and the beds... they are so comfortable. You feel as if you are floating on a cloud.

Desserts & Décor - Park Hyatt Chicago

by BeatChick about NoMI

As if the main dishes and regular brunch aren't enough there are, of course, desserts! I recall a chocolate fountain, an ultra-rich chocolate bombé, pistachio & chocolate mousses, an assortment of French macarons (pistachio, raspberry, chocolate, vanilla and coffee to name a few), as well as those pastries Proust loved - madeleines!

Let me mention the décor - contemporary, clean lines with fantastic modern glass sculpture on the ceiling. The latter was huge and heavy & I feared they would drop on me! Macarons (my favorite, y'know)

Photos: September 2007

Deserves the ratings stars!

by TripAdvisor Member travelmavendiva

This is a well run, comfortable place to stay...and an almost second home for multiple business trips to Chicago. The rooms are so nice I have not felt so bad being too tired to venture out. The rooms are quiet and the hotel feels safe and secure. It is nice to be recognized as a returning guest and have staff that is ready, willing and able to make accomodations and attend to requests efficiently and sincerely. Although the room service prices are quite pricey, the food is great and served nicely. The restaurant for breakfast is a great way to start the day, looking out at the Water Tower and the lake beyond. The rooms are spotless and well organized, and comfortable for working and relaxing. Great fitness center and nice lap pool.....(indoor). A five minute walk in any direction leads to great shopping and restaurant options, and multiple transportation options from the wonderful hotel driver to public bus/el or taxi service. I have found a lot of the lower tier Hyatt properties lacking and not keeping up to speed, but this property is the best of the brand, without exception.

First Class

Absolute first class all the way. Check in started the second my car door was opened by a hotel staff member at the valet parking area. My key card was ready by the time I got to the check in desk and with a quick swipe of my credit card I was escorted to the elevator where my bagage and a bell boy were waiting. The room was perfect in every sense. I struggled to find some minor thing that was not perfect, I couldn't find anything. My room was cleaned twice daily, I never saw the maid. Valet parking was perfect. Every individual I encountered went out of their way to give me anything I had requested.

Great Location BUT....

by TripAdvisor Member Criticaltraveller

Beautiful hotel, excellent location, great service. But......cell phone reception is awful or non-existent (we had to go outside at all hours of the day and night) and the same is true for wi-fi. However, if you're here on a romantic getaway and don't WANT to use your cell phone, then the Park Hyatt is the place. I'll leave my cell phone and laptop home and stay here again.

Modern and Chic

I stayed at Park Hyatt with my friend. I felt the Front Desk was not Friendly.

The Agent who checked me in did not smile or use my last name.

The room was so beautiful and modern . I love the size of bathroom .

The bed in room was so comfortable . Great Hotel and wonderful location.

5 star hotel at 4 star rate

by TripAdvisor Member INeedFlight

I've stayed at the ritz and the peninsula, i'm telling you this rates right up with both. In some ways i liked this hotel better. NoMI is the best restaurant in chicago.

The rooms are beautiful with deep sunken tubs and sliding panels that open from the bathroom into the rest of the room. This along with outstanding service give this hotel true value. This is a five star hotel with four star rates.

Comments