Renaissance Suites Chicago O'Hare

8500 West Bryn Mawr Avenue, Chicago, Illinois, 60631, United States

Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

• Voyageuse30's Profile Photo

Near the airport, not far from downtown

This hotel is great if you're not from Chicago, but are visiting and don't want to drive in the downtown mess. This hotel is close to the airport (but jet noise isn't a problem). There is a Metra (train) station just a 5-minute walk from the hotel, that can take you downtown to the Loop in about 15 minutes. There's even a Starbucks on the premises...

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

Renaissance Suites - O'Hare

This is probably one of the best 'crew' hotels that I've ever stayed in. Located near O'Hare airport, and within one mile of an 'overhead' station. The shuttle will bring you there.

Unique Quality: For less than $100, you can have a suite with a separate bedroom... Great deal!!

More about Renaissance Suites Chicago O'Hare

Loved the Place

by TripAdvisor Member gilbertinpdx

Stayed at the Renaissance Chicago O'Hare in May, 2006 and I can't say enough great things about the place.

Rooms: Very large, well appointed rooms including a great work area. The TV swivels so you can view the TV from either the bed or work/couch area. Beds are very comfortable with lots of pillows and nice linens. Very, very quiet. I am not sure how they pull it off, but we did not hear a sound from either rooms next door or busy expressway nearby. Bathroom is large with granite countertops and glass walk in shower. Everything was extrmely clean and well maintained. It felt new.

Location: About two miles from O'hare. Shuttle runs every 20 minutes from the airport bus terminal. About one block walk to the Cumberland EL station. We took the train downtown each day (takes about 20 minutes) Very inexpensive and fun. I enjoyed zipping along the tracks while traffic in both directions was sitting still on the "expressway"

staff: Extremely nice and helpful. Even offered to take us over to our favorite hot dog stand a few miles away (Jean and Judes).

Work out facility: They have a fully equipped, large work-out room that rivals any health club. Stairmasters, treadmills, free weights and machines. Fairly large Indoor pool and separate dry sauna for men and women. All well maintained and not crowded.

Given that we only paid about $150 (including taxes) I was not expecting such a plush experience. Highly recommended. I only wish we could have spent more time at the hotel.

Comfortable place

by TripAdvisor Member Kayakroll

My husband, a friend and myself stayed at this place about a month ago during a long layover from the airport. Shuttle was efficient and direct to front door. We had made reservations through Priceline so we got a reasonable price (about $65) for a suite. The room(s) are beautiful and our friend Kate even said that the pull-out bed in the couch was just fine. The bathrooms are immaculate and so posh! The usual shampoo and conditioner were replaced by "natural" type amenities that were fantastic. If we hadn't been so tired, and on our way to being sick, it would have been really nice to enjoy all the hotel had to offer. We did not hear traffic at all while we were there, by the way. Very quiet, and two televisons -- one in the bedroom and another in the work-area/living room. Would certainly stay here again if I could get the same price. I took photos, but they're about the same as all the others on here! Beautiful!

Renaissance improving -- excellent food, overall acceptable

Hotel stay: Friday June 23rd thru Sunday June 25th.
I visited this hotel in April 2004 for the Chicago Hair Show. Overall the experience was somewhat improved (better food and alcohol). I am writing this review in hopes of improved overall experience on our next visit.

Positive changes
1.Food from the Mediterranean Café restaurant was exceptional; the regular coffee was smooth and tasty, the breakfast buffet (complimentary with ‘club floor’ suite) was excellent; the chefs prepared ‘on-the-fly’ omelets that were fresh and delicious. The bacon was of the highest quality and danish was tasty and not too sweet. A mushroom burger ordered via room service was well prepared, delivered promptly and very tasty.
2.16th floor suite was clean, bed was very comfortable, environmental controls worked well.
3.Hotel elevators are plentiful (4) and move quickly between floors;
4.Hotel staff was polite and accommodating; perhaps the concierge was a bit naive regarding travel in the area.
5.Wireless broadband access in the lobby was a welcome perk.

Criticsms
1.Ice maker on 16th floor never had ice (probably broken)
2.Vertical tile directly across from the shower door unattached to wall – the grout was broken.
3.Minor communication errors: for example-- 2 double beds requested but one king delivered; room-service hamburger missing bacon, luxury car delivered from front desk instead of a standard ‘low-end’ cab, staff explained that breakfast and other free services were available in the ‘club room’ but the room was never opened.
4.In-room safe couldn’t be opened Saturday night; due to busy front-desk and (presumably) staff unavailability the problem wasn’t resolved for an hour.
5.After previewing a pay-per-view movie and accidentally hit ‘buy’ I was unable to ‘cancel’ the transaction because there was no cancel button on the remote.
6.Prefer vertical wall separating suite living room area from bedroom.
7.Grateful that the parking garage credit-card reader not working; no additional charges for parking! Recommend some kind of $20-$30 parking pass for guests and $5 for others.

Wonderful Hotel with First Class Service

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one evening prior to our departure from O'Hare to Jamaica. We also stayed one night upon our return home. The hotel is lovely. The suites are spacious, clean with modern amenities including a fully glassed-in tile shower. The Chicago skyline was clearly viewed from both of our rooms. The entire hotel is comprised of modern, art deco decor. "Fresh", the on-site restaurant was also quite good. We appreciated the on-site Starbucks as well.
The best feature of this hotel is the covered, secured parking garage. I researched park and fly rates prior to calling the 800# reservation line. I found an on-line rate of $129 with free parking up to 14 days. When I called the reservation #, I was quoted $209! The reservation center promptly honored the internet rate. Be sure to do your homework first and ask for the lowest rate you've found. The night of our return was $109- also very decent for this great hotel. Finally, the morning that we left, we were struggling to handle our luggage and two cups of coffee. A very polite man approached us and assisted us to our car. He was sincerely friendly and interested in feedback on our stay. He later introduced himself as the general manager of the hotel. We were very impressed and appreciative of his kindness and assistance.

We highly recommend this hotel, especially the park and fly option.

Great Pool Weekend!

by TripAdvisor Member crazydadusa

My wife and I stayed here for two nights July 7/8 with our 3 1/2 year-old for a swim weekend. Overall, we had a really great time with a few minor hiccups. The front desk staff is a bit hit or miss. We had some really friendly, knowledgeable GSA's and a couple who need a little career counseling. Our suite was immaculate as was the rest of the hotel. The hallways, grounds and public spaces were all clean and very well cared-for. The bell staff and housekeepers were all friendly and professional. The pool was clean and the upbeat music was a nice touch. Towel availability for the pool was hit or miss, but there's a phone right there to call with when they run out.

The room was large enough, but is not a true two-room suite. The two "rooms" are actually one room with a low dresser as a divider. The single television would have been as issue had we spent more time in the room; and was sort of an issue in trying to watch TV while getting Mr. "I'm too excited" to sleep! There was no refrigerator, but the ice machine was near the elevator lobby. Little things like the bathroom light switch being installed upside down and the bedroom blinds that were broken are simple fixes that housekeepers could/should report. None of those things will keep us from going back. The pool was great, the fitness center was nice (and open 24 hours) and the hot tub was hot. Overall, a really good deal at an above average O'Hare area hotel.

No complaints except the breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member Hezekiah

An excellent hotel to which I would gladly return. I found the bed to be especially comfortable and, contrary to the experience of some other reviewers, my room was very quiet. Maybe it depends on location. I was on an upper floor well away from the highway and facing away from the airport. My room overlooked a huge parking lot for commuters and office workers, but I couldn't hear any noise from that, despite my staying there a Thursday night. My only complaint was the breakast - the food and service were very mediocre.

Very nice hotel, good service, clean and spacious rooms

by TripAdvisor Member dietguru00

I stayed at this hotel for a work conference held in Chicago. A major plus is that they offer FREE shuttle service to/from the airport, which is very close. The hotel decor was very nice and the rooms were very clean, nice, and spacious. There is an "L" stop for the blue line that will take you downtown or to the airport. Some friends visited me at the hotel, and we ate at the restaurant downstairs. The food and service were pretty good. I ordered room service a couple of times. The only complaint I have about this place was that no one picked up my breakfast order the night before, so I didn't receive breakfast the next morning as I was expecting. I was not compensated for that mishap. They did apologize. I did forget my toothbrush/toothpaste, and the front desk staff kindly gave me a couple. The hotel will call cab service for you. Just be sure that you ask ahead of time approximately what the charge will be and if it will be metered. I had a problem with one of the drivers from the company they called getting upset that the previous woman had charged much less and he had no meter and wanted to charge $10 more. Overall, I had a nice quiet stay.

Would Stay Again

by TripAdvisor Member J13345

Stayed at the Renaissance Chicago O'Hare for a work related reason on 9/15/06-9/16/06. The hotel is located close to O'Hare airport and has a complimentary shuttle 3x/hour. My room was clean and quiet. As I arrived late in the evening, we all went next doors to Beningens's for a late dinner, which was excellent. There is a good variety of beers on tap.

The Renaissance Chicago O'Hare is right next to the Cumberland station on the Blue Line of the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) so that it took only about 35 minutes or so to go to downtown Chicago (the Loop). It only takes a few mintues to walk from the hotel to the Cumberland Statin. The fare is only$2 one way.

I would definitely recommend the Renaissance Chicago O'Hare for travelers coming to Chicago for business or other purposes.

Comments