20 East Chestnut St - Downtown, Chicago, Illinois, 60611, United States

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Marisola's Profile Photo

Sleek and Sophisticated Sofitel

I love the Hotel Sofitel. It has dark shades, dim lighting and modern decor. As soon as you step into their lobby, you feel like you're in a posh nightclub. The rooms are very comfortable and luxurious. You will be treated like royality here.

Unique Quality: Great location! The Sofitel is near many restaurants and Michigan Avenue shopping. It has an exquisite French restaurant "Cafe des Architectes," and a great bar with wonderful drinks, too.

Directions: Between N Wabash Ave and N State St

• aflaneur's Profile Photo

New and Stunning

Great location a block of Michigan Avenue, and a very European modern (read: minimalist) sleek design. Cool lobby bar and nice restaurant. If the better Chicago hotels are booked up, this one usually has a room available.

Unique Quality: The design of the building, which is eye popping as it appears to curve over Chestnut Street.

• jozwitch's Profile Photo

What luxury!

My mom and aunt stayed here the last time they visited. All I can say is, "Wow!". This place was simply amazing. From the beautiful decor to the down comforters to the all-amenities luxury bathroom in the hotel room, everything was amazing. They provided everything anyone could need and more. The restaurant and bar downstairs were also very, very good. We had an amazing breakfast there one morning.

The location is great, too. All of those places on Rush Street are within walking distance. So is the shopping on Michigan Avenue. Seriously, if you can afford this kind of place, go for it.

Unique Quality: Everything was outstanding. I wanted to move in permanently!

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Tres Chic, et pres de la Tour d'eau

French elan and joie de vivre comes to Chicago. I haven't stayed at the Sofitel, but it's certainly the most attractive hotel to open in recent years in the popular North Michigan/Water Tower Place corridor. I like the way that the building seems to taper like a large "A" frame cabin.

More about Sofitel Chicago Water Tower

Sofitel Water Tower.....Excellent!

My husband and our two daughters stayed at the Sofitel Water Tower in early April. The staff at this hotel were very helpful and friendly and always greeted you with a smile when you came and went. We were in the Executive suite which has an awsome bathroom and wonderful views of the city. There are no double beds in this hotel only King sized beds. Our daughters slept on a sleeper sofa comfortably. It may not be as comfortable for adults. This place is more for the adult crowd anyway.
The room was also VERY clean which is something that is important to me! The location is perfect for shopping on Michigan Ave., hanging out on Rush St., or enjoying many of the wonderful restaurants within walking distance. I would definately recommend the Sofitel and would stay there again!

The Best!

I absolutely loved the Sofitel Chicago. The room was smaller than I thought, but the bathroom was more than ample. We stayed 9 nights on business and some days left at 11am and returned at 1pm and our room was always made by the time we returned. Sofitel has the best hotel bar and is conveniently located next to major shopping centers and places to eat or grab a drink. Cru Bar next door is a definite must! Make sure to stop by the cafe for steak & eggs in the morning. We stayed at the Palmer House Hilton and were severly disappointed. Sofitel is our new Chicago home!

Soooooo Romantic!

I surprised my boyfriend for his birthday by bringing him here. It was FANTASTIC. The service, the view, the BATHROOM! It was everything I wanted and more. What makes Sofitel stand out is the decor. It's not too gaudy, it's trendy and innovative in it's interior design. The PERFECT place to go with a sweetie!

Lovely hotel at a great price

We really enjoyed our Nov 03 stay here. So close to Christmas shopping on Michigan Ave! Close to Rush/Division nightlife as well. Very friendly staff. There is a nightclub/bar in the lobby that gets really busy. We never got a chance to go there, but it looked fun. A rate of $180 was a steal for this level of quality. Nicely appointed room, but a little strangely designed. For example, why doesn't the shower door have a handle on the inside? Odd. We did not have a great view, but we didn't request one either. Other than a few little things like that, it was truly superb.

Best Bed Ever

I booked our first anniversary here, expecting European style and good service. Sofitel provided the style and much more. Service from the staff was excellent--four bellmen pulled open the doors for my wife, and one chased after us to offer an umbrella when we were leaving in the rain. The modern-style suite was killer, with stylish furnishings and nice touches throughout. The bed was the most impressive I have ever encountered in a hotel--you almost disappeared into it, yet it had good support. I think it had a duvet under the sheets as well as on top. We ordered a simple breakfast at Cafe des Architects, and everything was a notch above the rest: The coffee was pressed, orange juice fresh-squeezed, the croissants light and flaky. Again, the service was superb. We’ll be back.

Chicago Hotels

by joncampbell

Hi there,
Me and my wife have just booked 4 nights in Chicago in March. We have sorted out the flights and now we just need to book a hotel. Two that have caught my eye are the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower and also the Sutton Place Hotel. I would really appreciate it if someone could comment on these two hotels (especially what the location is like) or alternatively recommend somewhere else. Thanks very much for your help.

Cheers
Jon

Re: Chicago Hotels

by rickbalkema

Both of those hotels are very nice, and have ideal locations, right downtown!

Re: Re: Chicago Hotels

by JRJanuszewski

The Sofitel is beautiful. I've not been in it though. I've only been in the Sutton Place. The room I was in was in was beautiful and had extras such as a CD selection for the CD player, a phone in bathroom in case you're called while in the shower, etc.

If you are looking at the higher end hotels, consider the Penninsula. It is near the Sofitel and also very luxurious.

Good luck. I hope you enjoy our city!
-Jen

Re: Re: Chicago Hotels

by TRimer

Both of the hotels are close to each other and conveniently located near shopping, restaurants and public transportation. The Sofitel is newer and the rooms are nicer (the bathrooms are great). They also have nicer restaurants. Sutton Place has the Whisky Bar attached. This may mean more noise at night. I would choose the Sofitel over Sutton place.

Comments