330 N Wabash Ave, Chicago, Illinois, 60611, United States
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 41% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago

Trump Tower - Chicago's best hotel ?

by TripAdvisor Member FUJIMO

We have just completed our third stay Trump and felt compelled to pass along our highest praises for this exciting addition to Chicago's hotel scene - The staff at Trump are very professional and friendly you would think the hotel had been open for years then you look up and see the cranes still working on the upper floors - The construction is not an issue but it will be great when they are able to open the outdoor areas of the restaurant and river walk - Anyway for us who have stayed numerous times at the Penninsula and the 4 Seasons we now have a new favorite hotel in Chicago , it.s just more fun @ Trump . Great job to the management and all employees that make this such an exciting new hotel - I can't wait for all the finishing touches to be completed at which time I think universal praise will place Trump at the top of the list for luxury hotels in Chicago !!!

Hoped for more at this high end Trump Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member TheBelbuts

My husband and I stayed at Trump for our 5th wedding anniversary this past weekend. I had high expectations, however many of them were not met based on the ratings of the hotel. We live in the suburbs of Chicago and are well traveled.

The Pro's:
Location is fabulous; especially if you are not from Chicago you can walk to just about everything and the cab rides are short if you prefer to take one.

The room is gorgeous! The bed is one of the best we've ever stayed in and the mini-full kitchen was great for heating up our left overs the next day. We found the amenities to be well thought out and well appointed. Plus the touches like framed photos in the room were very chic and homey at the same time.

You will never find a better bathrobe in your life.

They accommodated our bikes which we drove in with to do a biking event and kept safely down near the security office. No problems.

The Con's:
We booked an elaborate VIP spa package; the massages were about a 6/10 in quality (but that is subjective, I'm sure) and the fancy baths that were drawn for us could have cooked a lobster they were so hot. I had to run ice cold water in it for 5 minutes straight to make it manageable - and for $550 for this treatment, I didn't expect to have to draw my own bath. Very disappointing.

The service was...cool. No one was rude or impolite, but as I mentioned before we stayed for 2 nights in a deluxe room for our 5 year anniversary and despite wanting to know the special reason for our stay when we booked the room, they did nothing with this information. For touting this level of service, we were both disappointed that no effort was made to go above and beyond.

Faulty charges were on our room with little to apologize or compensate for us catching the $160 error.

Overall, I won't be running back to spend this kind of cash at this facility. The restaurant at Sixteen is stunning, although we did not dine there. The excitement of being at a Trump facility left something to be desired, as we expected more from this high class hotel.

The Tribune Tower

by shrimp56

Across Michigan Ave from the equally renowned Wrigley Building. The "gothic design" building was completed in 1925. We are hoping that the planned "Trump Tower" to replace the Sun-Times building will not destroy this part of our skyline.

Downtown and the Chicago River

by gilescorey

Chicago is known for it's bold architecture; the most famous being the early "skyscrapers" that grew up after the Great Chicago Fire.

Most examples of this early, innovative movement can be found along the Chicago River.

Following Michigan Avenue, south, one invariably falls upon these scenes of the river and the Wrigley Building, the new Trump Tower, et al.

You'll be able to enjoy the great, towering monoliths, but will have little reason to stick around. Sadly, there is not(yet) a cafe culture waterside.

Architecture-Chicago Sun Times

by Dabs

It's too late for you to see the Chicago Sun-Times building, it was demolished in 2004 to clear the site for Trump Tower. The Chicago Sun-Times is a daily newspaper, at least for now, circulation for the Sun Times is much less than the Tribune but both have declared bankruptcy and both are losing subscribers now that internet news is becoming so prevalent. The current headquarters for the Sun Times is in the Apparel Mart, 350 N. Orleans Street.

Trump's original plans for this site were for the world's tallest building but plans were scaled back to a 92 story tower after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and a slump in demand for office space. The Donald and Da Mayor went to battle over the spire on top of the building, The Donald didn't want it, Da Mayor did and there is now a spire on top of the building. At one point the spire design would have made it the tallest building in Chicago but it was scaled back so that Trump Tower would be the second tallest building in Chicago, behind the Sears Tower by a mere 90 feet, but passing up the Aon Building and Hancock.

I can't say that I will miss the Sun-Times building, it truly was one of the ugliest buildings in the city and the ugliest that occupied prime river side space. It's hard to imagine that even tasteless Donald "combover" Trump could build anything uglier.

Crisp and Modern, Reasuringly Nonpretentious, HUGE ROOMS!

by TripAdvisor Member gopherpride

Booked a room at the Chicago Trump on Valentine's Day. The hotel hadn't officially opened yet, and so scored a great rate on the grand deluxe 1-bedroom suite.

To be honest I really wanted to hate this hotel, but upon my night's stay I have to admit that it is instantly competitive with Chicago’s finest five-star properties.

The lobby is small and, check-in was quite pleasant. Readily available employees everywhere you look, but nonintrusive at the same time.

Decor is very pleasant- very minimalist and modern, and everywhere you look there are panoramic views of the Chicago skyline, river and lake Michigan.

Suite was HUGE. 1,000+ SQ feet, could have entertained 60-70 easily. Floor to ceiling windows with fabulous views (see pix) and great full kitchen with everything you’d need to make five-star meal (they actually offer in-room chef service).

Recommend both Sixteen and ReBar for views and food that compete with other fine dining establishments as well as hotel bars. Can’t wait for Sixteen’s patio to open summer of 2009.

Awesome

by TripAdvisor Member theboken

From when you check in to when you check out you will be treated like Donald himself.
Visited Chicago for a weekend in April. Weather was perfect and the hotel could not have been any better. We got upgraded to a suite over looking the river and the lake.
They are still building the upper floors but you would not have known unless you looked up.
The spa is a great experience. Just the pool and shower alone is worth the short elevator ride.
Sixteen is the best meal I have had in a long time. I highly suggest the tasting menu. Worth every penny.

The hotel is amazing, even the least expensive room is spectacular

by TripAdvisor Member ekevitz

Even though the hotel is still under construction, besides some work to the hotel drive in area, I did not notice any noise or construction traffic.

The reception area is modern and very Trump, and as soon as I stepped out of our sedan we were immediately treated "as royalty." Our bags were swooped up and our room keys quickly distributed.

We had a Deluxe King City View room on the 23rd floor. I believe that this is the smallest and cheapest of the rooms. But as soon as we opened the room to the door, we were blown away. The view to the city is unprecedented, and every detail of the room is upgraded even compared to a luxury hotel. The bathrooms are huge, deep soaking tubs lay adjacent to a rain showerhead and shower area all enclosed in semi-frameless glass doors. THERE IS EVEN A FLAT SCREEN TV IN THE BATHROOM MIRROR!

The room was amazing! Simply Spectacular!

My wife and I also tried out the Trump Spa, we both booked 90 minute Trump Massages. They were the best massages that we both have ever received. I highly recommend the Trump Massage. And arrive a little early so you can enjoy the other Spa amenities and the relaxing lounge area.

The location is also perfect, right in downtown just a few blocks from the best shopping in Chicago.

I highly recommend this hotel and I hope that the rates do not go up too much once construction finishes so that I can come back for my next trip to Chicago.

Loved the Trump

by TripAdvisor Member mom2nikki

I brought my daughter to the Trump to celebrate her 19th birthday. She was in for a surprise because she thought we were staying at the Hyatt. I let the hotel know it was her birthday and upon check in, they wished her a Happy Birthday. We had a standard room but it was beautiful and modern. We had a nice city view and loved the mini kitchen. We also loved the espresso machine! After getting settled into our room, as we were putting things away, room service showed up with a small birthday cake that was a raspberry mouse-very nice touch!

We did a lot of sightseeing for three days and although the weather was not that great, we loved being able to just walk around on Michigan Avenue, take the free trolley over to Navy Pier and catching cabs here and there. We went to Cafe Babareba the first night and loved it (great flavored sangria), saw Blue Man Group (for the 3rd time but still loved it), shopped on Michigan Avenue (very convenient to the hotel), had lunch at Giordanos and one day on the 95th floor of the John Hancock building, had dinner at N9ne (maybe a little overrated but ok), and went to the Field Museum.

After shopping on Saturday, we did go to the pool area and loved it! Aside from a beautiful view and lovely, serene setting, they have the Kohler shower you see on TV with all of the body sprays that even has different colored settings. We also enjoyed the steam and dry saunas, and they even have a small bathing suit water extractor - very cool!

We went to Rebar one evening and I enjoyed a raspberry champagne while she enjoyed being in a trendy setting for a bit.

All in all we loved our stay there. We saw a family pull up in a rolls royce, and tourists in jeans and t-shirts and I think everyone was treated the same which was refreshing considering some high end places have employees that act as if they're better than some of the guests! Everyone was super friendly from the front desk staff to the doormen.

We'll look forward to staying here again!

The Trump didn't disappoint

by TripAdvisor Member amortrvl

When you're paying the kind of rates that are charged at a hotel of this caliber you expect a certain level of quality and service. The Trump didn't disappoint in either area. We stayed here to celebrate my husband's birthday for 2 fabulous days in what is literally an apartment that is arguably located in one of the best areas of the city. We walked to Navy Pier, the Lake, and Michigan Ave. shopping to name a few city hot spots.

Because the Trump sits on a bend in the Chicago River it has a fantastic vantage point. We had a suite with floor to ceiling windows that showcased a view of the river and Lake Michigan. Unfortunately, the building's upper floors were still under construction during our stay and the windows were in need of a wash. However, other than the dirty windows and a little water dripping off the overhead construction scaffolding set up at the hotel's entrance, we were never disturbed by the construction.

The accomodations are top of the line everything. Good linens, very comfortable bed and robes and slippers are provided. I like this touch. The suites have a full kitchen that comes complete with espresso maker, hot water kettle (I drink tea and really appreciated this extra), dishes, glassware, silverware, pots and pans, a full refrigerator, dishwasher etc. The suite we reserved had a dining table that seated 8 and a large, comfortable living room with flat panel TV, Bose Ipod docking station and a desk/work area with unlimited free internet. We felt like we were staying at a friend's very luxurious apartment. The bedroom was separate from the living area with its own bath complete with waterfall tub, separate rain shower and two sinks. There was also a powder room located off the living area. This was great for our needs because we had guests come up to our suite after we hosted a small party in the Grand Salon, one of the Trump's banquet rooms.

Our private party experience also went beyond my expectations. The Grand Salon has a modern zen elegance, the food was simply gourmet all the way, the service was impeccable and there was that amazing view again. The event planner was professional and handled the smallest details efficiently. The only small disappointment was the bartender. He didn't seem to know how to mix certain drinks, but this could have been a result of the bar only being stocked with certain liquors.

We didn't take advantage of the spa, but did use the fitness center which was also top of the line. The treadmills actually had aromatherapy fans!

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially for a special occasion. It certainly made our celebration more memorable.

The new Trump TowerThe new Trump Tower

New Trump Tower Under ConstructionNew Trump Tower Under Construction

The City reflected in the new Trump towerThe City reflected in the new Trump tower

Comments