4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Booking.com Orbitz.com WHotels.com

Costs 39% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Slick, classy and sassy!

We stayed here so that my friend wouldn't have to move from the spot he'd been at for a few days, for work. I've stayed at a couple of W's before. One was magnificent, the other was dissappointing and this one was really nice!

Unique Quality: The lobby is especially cool with it's dark look and feel and Mezzanine level that wraps around it with a Gold encrusted domed cieling and columns. They also project images onto the facing walls that take up these two levels. A pitcher of a multi-fruit ade is set out every afternoon and they burn these wonderful candles that smell like Vanilla and Butter and make you think of Sugar Cookies!

Directions: In the Financial District right by the Sears Tower

• dansc0tt's Profile Photo

My Favourite Hotel in Chicago!

Alright - if you have a choice of hotels & money is not a huge problem then choose the 'W'. Even if you think that the sophisticated bar atmosphere lobby might not be your style, wait until you get to your room! Very distinctive, very pleasant & very worth it. BUT this place is in the financial district & is hence not the best for tourists (well if you are English & used to walking for more than five minutes then you will be ok, but let not go there!)

Unique Quality: The most contemporary hotel in Chicago

Directions: Very close to the Sears Tower (in fact just around the corner)

More about W Chicago - City Center

I Loved the W Chicago City Center

I had a great experience at the W Chicago City Center while there on business last week. The rooms are have a contemporary elegant decor with the most soothing colors and the bed was amazing! The hotel staff went out of their way to service myself and my guests and my hat goes off to the two Managers that I worked with, Mark Matthews and Mark Harbec. This hotel is definately a home away from home with an exciting twist...a loungy feel with candels and mood music is relaxing to the senses.

On your next visit to Chicago, check this place out!

Ukrainian Village

by mam3206

First, let me say that other than a few churches, there is very little Ukrainian left in this neighborhood. It's mostly Mexican immigrants and hipsters. The main business district runs along Chicago Avenue between Ashland (1600 west) and Western (2400 west). The blue line (O'Hare branch) stops at the intersection of Chicago (800 north), Ogden (approx 1200 west) and Milwaukee. Depending on how much of a walker you are, you can walk west on Chicago or take the Chicago Avenue bus. Flo is a great restaurant at 1434 W Chicago. Rotofugi is a "designer toy store" at 1953 W Chicago, and Permanent Records buys, sells, and trades used records at 1914 W Chicago. I love to walk the residential streets of Ukrainian Village, especially the quadrant bounded by Chicago (800 north), Damen (2000 west), Leavitt (2200 west), and Division (1200 north). I usually combine this walk with a visit to Wicker Park, the neighborhood immediately north of Ukrainian Village. (see Wicker Park tip)

Our Sales Meeting was fantastic

Heard a lot of positive things about the "W" Chicago and decided to hold our October sales meeting there (25 people). Glad we did. Service was second to none. The staff gladly and quickly met all our requests and needs. Our conference coordinator was extremely helpful. We'll be back.
Joe Carvalho
Sr. Director Sales Operations & Finance
Sara Lee Coffee

Sleek, cosmopolitan and sophisticated

Our stay at the W Chicago City Center could not have been more pleasant. The hotel is beautifully appointed and utterly sophisticated. The boutique atmosphere is such a welcome change from the usual hotel surroundings. Service was impeccable, from the bellmen to the manager on duty, who introduced himself to us and then remembered us when we walked through the lobby area later in the day.

If you want more than just the same old-same old, and are ready for a unique urban experience, visit this hotel. I look forward to returning ASAP.

W, whenever, whatever

by TripAdvisor Member cgarcia

When they answer the phone whenever, whatever they mean it. Service it not an after thought at this property. Add in the unique sleeping rooms, beds to good to be believed and meeting space that is very versatile. What more could any planner ask for. From the moment the doorman says"Welcome to the W" you begin a hotel experience that will be worth remembering.

Great for Meetings!

A walk into the lobby - is like walking into a nightclub! I planned a meeting there and all of my attendees loved the decor - the ambience of the building. Service was outstanding as has been my experience with all of the W and Westin properties.

Furthermore, it is a nice experience to do something like this venue for a meeting than the other "standard hotels".

The staff was wonderful and of note - the concierage referred us to a fantastic restaurant then the W sent chocolate cover strawberries to our group at the restaurant. Anyone who would like a change - needs to experience a W!

Good conference support

Held a workshop in one of the meeting rooms last week and I was extremely pleased with the audio-visual support. The AV person showed up ahead of schedule and, surprisingly, you have a person devoted to your meeting for the full time period--that is usually not the case. In my case, he stayed in the room for the majority of the day--a relief when you have a number of speakers. The sales person was also responsive and available and helped us with any requests.

The breakfast and lunch were nice as well. We selected french toast (plated) for breakfast and sea bass for lunch--requests for vegetarian meals were met.

The attendees either loved or hated the look of the hotel. A little too hip for some. The lobby is very dark and gets very crowded during weeknights after work--mostly a young Chicago crowd.

Transportation

by M204

I use Amtrak to get to Chicago.

How can I get from W. Chicago Blvd to 5300 W. Touhy Ave
Skokee, Ill by public transportation?

Re: Transportation

by puerto_lover

Use http://maps.google.com/

Look for the addresses in DRIVING DIRECTIONS and switch to BY Public Transit

This should give the route By Public Transit from main AMTRAK at Union Station. Just copy and paste this into Google Maps.

Re: Transportation