2930 South River Road, Des Plaines, IL, 60018

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Ohare Airport

Typical Garden Inn

by TripAdvisor Member BamaDave

Excellent location for the airport. I stay here overnight when I am flying out of Chicago early the next morning. The room service was above average. Their is not much I can say about the hotel except that if you have stayed at a Garden Inn then you know what to expect.
If you haven't stayed at a Garden Inn before you will get a micro/
fridge nice room with a large desk for the business traveler. I swap up between here and the Doubletree Airport location depending on which has the better rates.

They go the exttra mile... literally!

by TripAdvisor Member ivebnevrywhereman78

I stayed at the Garden Inn for 5 days, and had a wonderful experience. The rooms were spacious and clean, breakfast buffet was great (about $14), and their business room was a lifesaver (copy machine, color and b&w printers, etc.). I'm a frequent business traveler, so I appreciate it when a hotel doesn't nickel and dime you for everything - here everything was complementary - free internet, parking, and warm cookies at the front desk. And their shuttle service was excellent - aside from roundtrip airport service, they'll take you anywhere you would like to go (within reason, of course - if it's within a mile or two of the hotel it should be ok).

A word of caution though, I did most of my work in the buildings near the airport. If you plan to mainly visit downtown, I would suggest getting a hotel in that area. The hotel shuttle will take you to the El Train, but from there it will take about 1 to 1.5 hours to get into the city. It's doable, but quite a pain.

I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in town.

Friendliest Hotel In Chicago-but watch for the maids

by TripAdvisor Member funnymoney121

I stayed in the hilton for 6 days and I was very impressed. Anything you can think of, they have it covered for a very reasonable price. I felt very at home. I had two double beds that were so nice i could amost not wake in the morning. The staff remembered my last name and greeted me every time i walked in the lobby. You can use wireless internet on your TV, can hook your ipod into the clock/radio and extremely clean. Great restaurant, private offices for all business needs, and the maids are very attentive.

Which brings me to my next point, make sure you tell the maids when you want your room to be cleaned or they will harrass you all day. I was on conference calls all day and i didn't have time to get off the phone. They knocked on my door three times, entered my room twice while I was on a call and called my hotel phone. At this point i had to tell the woman in spanish that i did not need cleaning, yet I was called again a bit later regarding this matter. I know this is very good customer service but it was interfering with my work. That would be my one and only complaint. I STRONGLY SUGGEST THIS HOTEL.

best value ever!

by TripAdvisor Member busterthebronco

this place was the best hotel i've ever stayed at for the money!
nearly the best ever.
the only drawback is it is not in town.
really that is no big deal since the shuttle takes you to the CRT station right down the street.
the shuttle also runs 24 hrs. (our friend stayed elsewhere and was stranded!)
the pool was top notch.
the service was perfect and very helpful, the place was clean beyond belief.
free parking.
cookies!
i could go on and on.
i was told by another guest it was the #2 hilton gerden inn in america, but i would have to see #1 because this place was sweet!

Great value for the location!

by TripAdvisor Member STLpixie

Lovely establishment, good employees, clean, well-maintained room, timely elevators and free parking near O'Hare! We didn't have a complaint about our trip this weekend and we would go out of our way to stay here again!!

Excellent Stay & Excellent Property

by TripAdvisor Member caneshockey31

Okay, from the moment you step on the hotel shuttle to the time your in your room the stay is excellent.

Every person i talked to and asked questions was equally up to the task of making sure i had everything i needed.

Their pool area is #1. It is like a waterpark, basketball hoop, volleyball net, kids swim area, hot tub.

Excellent fitness center.

I throughly impress everyone to stay at this hotel.

A nice quiet hotel close to O'Hare!

by TripAdvisor Member Lungfruit

I spent one night here for a conference at the property. The shuttle runs to O'Hare every 20 minutes is a nice touch. To be fair most hotels in this area have shuttles. Check in was the only glitch in an otherwise nice stay. They put me in a room that was already occupied and they couldn't tell me if the seminar I was attending was scheduled for the next day or not. My room was spacious, clean, and in excellant repair. It had a desk, coffee maker, microwave oven, and small refrigerator. The bed was comfortable and most importantly it was very quiet. I didn't eat at the restaurant so I can't comment on that. Overall it was a pleasant night and I'd stay here again if I needed to. It's not a "destination hotel", but just an above average place to get a good night's sleep near O'Hare!

Overall great stay

by TripAdvisor Member Roadrunner01

My stay was a little rocky at first. I called the hotel for an airport shuttle from O'Hare and waited 45 minutes. When the driver arrived he tried to convince me that he had been and left the airport once to pick me up. Needless to say, I didn't need a lecture from the shuttle driver, but rather to simply check in the hotel and relax so that was a bit annoying. The good thing was that the hotel manager was very good about acknowledging the mixup and even gave me a restaurant voucher which I used for breakfast (which by the way is very good). Not complimentary, but good nonetheless.

The location is fairly easy to find and even after our disagreement the shuttle driver spoke to me by name each day afterward and made a valient effort to make up for our disagreement. I must say he tried. Overall my experience was very good. Nice, clean room and hospitable staff.

Great Price !

by TripAdvisor Member Pinaymi2

We were in chicago for a wedding and most of the hotels were too expensive for us even though it would have been convenient. It took some searching but i found the Hilton Garden Inn at a reasonable price, free onsite parking, and about 30 mins from the event.The inn was clean, lobby spacious, room was very nice, clean no odors, bathroom was decent in size.The staff was pleasant & friendly. One in- house eatery & was closed 2-5pm.We arrived 300pm & hadn't had lunch. Nice pantry though. Clerk gave us a list of restaurants shuttle would take you there & back. We opted to look for a Taco Bell on our own.
Only drawback was the travel on the freeway to downtown Chicago, heavy. You need to allow at least 30-45 mins travel time but stil the cost was worth it. I would stay here again.

Fantastic airport hotel

by TripAdvisor Member BA-traveler

There was a friendly voice over the phone when I called from the airport, although she had to repeat some things twice (why is the courtesy phone on many airports in very busy areas!). She also gave good directions where we would be picked up. We didn’t have to wait long before the bus arrived. The driver was also very assisting and friendly. (He brought our entire luggage to our room as well.)

Check-in went smooth with again a welcoming person. We didn’t get an upgrade as Gold Hhonors, but the standard room was very good. Quality furniture (everything seemed new), good bed, clean carpet, large work desk with executive chair, recliner with ottoman, refrigerator and microwave, the bathroom was nice with many soft towels.

There is a restaurant but we choose to buy some food because we were tired after long flights from Europe. There is a very convenient shop with enough choices of frozen dinners; they even have our favorite brand, Lean Cuisine. It was very quiet in our room, so we could sleep very well.

The breakfast the next morning was outstanding, with many items of good quality. Eggs can be ordered in every way and you don’t have to wait, as there is enough staff to bring it to the tables. There was a very friendly young man, his name is Eduardo, who also brought coffee and tea to our table.

The business center is next to the lobby and has to be opened with the room key, there are two computers and printers.

The driver of the bus, who brought us and other passengers straight to the car rentals, was also very forthcoming. We had in all ways a fantastic stay and can surely recommend this hotel before or after flights from O’Hare.

Comments