The Grand Rose Hotel B&B
92 Main Street P.O. Box 92, Elizabethtown, Illinois, 62931, United States
- Very Good
Our Members Say
- Reviews: 2608
Oldest Hotel in Illinois
The Grand Rose Hotel, established in 1812, is the oldest hotel in the state of Illinois and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The hotel, which is owned by the state of Illinois, is perched on a high bluff with panoramic views of the Ohio River.
There are only four guest rooms, including one suite, a dining room, and a small gift shop. Although it is almost 200 years old, the hotel is completely updated with modern conveniences and is operated by Bob and Sandy Vinyard as a bed and breakfast.
We thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay at the Grand Rose and highly recommend it for those looking for an accomodation that is scenic, historic, and romantic.
- Reviews: 2608
In order to show a few photos of our suite at the Grand Rose Hotel, I am making a seperate tip. On our first night at the Grand Rose, all four rooms were full. We were fortunate to be upgraded to the hotel's only two room suite. Every room at the Grand Rose is very nice, but we especially enjoyed the extra space that the suite gave us. Our stay here will be remembered as one of our more delightful travel accomodations.
Unique Quality: The McFarlan Suite is a luxury spacious two-room suite on the second floor of the hotel, with views looking out over the Ohio River. The bedroom has a queen size four poster cherry bed, antique wardrobe, and a secretaries desk. In this room was also a mini refrigerator, small coffee pot with a warming oven and hotplate, Iron and ironing board, alarm clock and a fireplace. The bedroom also had it's own 27" Flat screen TV with cable and a DVD, VCR Combo.
The living room was warm and cozy with its own HAVC thermostat control and a second television. There was a colorful "sit in" brocade couch, an old wooden rocking chair with a crochet throw, and a modern cloth rocking chair. We also had a private bath with a modern shower stall and a hairdryer on the wall. Although the hotel is almost 200 years old, our suite had antique charm with every modern upgrade we could have desired.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
Explore the World
- Sheraton Jerusalem Plaza
- Ambasciatori Palace Hotel
- Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach
- Holiday Inn Express Pagosa Springs
- Parador Los Reyes Catolicos
- Royal Decameron Club Caribbean
- Whitsunday Holiday Apartments
- The Cove Atlantis
- Iberostar Quetzal All Inclusive
- Marriott Surfers Paradise Resort
- Campus Motel
- Days Inn Alton (1900 Homer Adams Parkway.)
Latest Elizabethtown hotel reviews
- The Grand Rose Hotel B&B
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Hotels Up to 50% off!
- www.priceline.com Great Low Prices, Pictures, and Guest Reviews. Book Now!
- Book without the gamble!
- Tingo.com If prices drop after you book, Get Money Back automatically!