Cloran Mansion Bed & Breakfast

1237 Franklin Street, Galena, Illinois, 61036, United States

More about Cloran Mansion Bed & Breakfast

A relaxing getaway with all the comforts of home

by TripAdvisor Member ALR74

My wife and I spent two nights in the Tower Room for our anniversary and had a wonderful time. It was our first experience at a B&B and we were pleasantly surprised. We had plenty of privacy and were able to come and go as we pleased. Cheryl and Carmine have done everything to make their guests feel comfortable. From the beverages in the in-room refrigerator, to the popcorn and candy in the library. There were candles and a lighter around the whirlpool tub for a romantic setting. They had menus for all of the popular restaurants to review and even umbrellas by the front door to use if it rained. The best part of our stay was the breakfast. There was so much food and it was all very good: French toast, pancakes, potatoes, sausage, ham, eggs cooked to order, fruit and more. I would recommend the Cloran Mansion to anyone wanting a relaxing and/or romantic getaway.

Totally enjoyed our stay!

by TripAdvisor Member PatchesChicago_IL

This is our second stay at the Cloran Mansion and we totally enjoyed our stay. The rooms are lovely, decorated in Victorian style with antiques, doilies, quilts, fireplace and more. We stayed in the Tower room and loved it. The whirlpool tub is located in the tower above the room. Rooms have satellite TV and the library room is filled with DVD's, videos, games and snacks. The breakfast was wonderful, eggs cooked to order, waffles, sausages, bagels, juice, coffee, potatoes -- great! Outside in the yarn is a screen in gazebo overlooking the pond. Also a firepit to use. Owners are wonderful and we would definitely go back again. Main Street in Galena is not far away. Lots to do there.

Cloran Mansion: Delightful and Charming

by TripAdvisor Member sikoanalitic

The Cloran Mansion Bed & Breakfast is a delightful and charming B & B for those of you seeking the perfect retreat. The grounds are impressive with a beautiful gazebo, fountain, garden walkway, and seating area to build your own fire!

The owners of this lovely establishment, Carmine and Cheryl, were absolutely fantastic. Their personal warmth and wonderful hospitality created the perfect getaway for my family.
Gracious and kind, they prepared a delicious complimentary breakfast which included french toast, fresh potatoes, gourmet scrambled eggs and deliciously prepared sausage.

We had the privilege of residing in the Tower Room where the double whirlpool was tucked away in a peak location (tower!) of this charming B & B. Special and luxurious amenities were provided to enhance this whirlpool experience (remote controlled CD player, candles, bath salts, whirlpool pillows, etc.). The room was beautifully decorated as it was clear that the owners spent a considerable amount of time and energy in creating a room that was both exceedingly comfortable and breathtakingly beautiful.

Whereas Galena offers travelers a myriad of shops and restaurants to peruse, we had great difficulties leaving our gorgeous room to visit this quaint, small town. We were given the opportunity to utilize bikes, provided to us by Carmine and Cheryl, when touring the town, which greatly contributed to our fun retreat! Much to our surprise, we were greeted with a tray of freshly baked cookies upon returning from our adventure! Our room was furnished with a small refridgerator filled with softdrinks and water - all complimentary! The perfect accompaniment to those delicious chocolate chip cookies!

I cannot recommend the Cloran Mansion B & B highly enough. I will return to this B & B again and again - without one single complaint.

Perfect!

Patricia Caine

Wonderful Bed and Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member travelwales

My husband and I have stayed at many bed and breakfasts throughout the country and the Cloran Mansion in Galena is in our top three. We make it a point to visit the mansion once each year and feel like we are "coming home" each time. Cheryl and Carmine are such wonderful hosts and the experience is perfect. The rooms in the mansion are wonderful and have such thoughtful touches added to each one. The grounds are fabulous and quiet with lovely flower gardens, a relaxing screened gazebo and a tranquil water pond. Breakfast each morning is a real delight and the best of any B and B's we have found. Recently we added a dog to our family and stay in the cottage next to the mansion. The cottage is also top notch and is perfect if you bring children or a pet. A stay at the Cloran Mansion is a rejuvenating experience and should not be missed.

One Heck of place to stay.

by TripAdvisor Member Csiretired

The Cloran Mansion B&B was our first experience with a B&B and it was wonderful. Carmine and Cheryl have put together a gem and the best way to describe our experience is that we will be staying there again.

Beautiful B & B

by TripAdvisor Member Mickeyfan76

Staying at the Cloran Mansion in Galena. IL is such a wonderful experience. My husband and I have stayed there three times to date and plan on returning again.
The owners give you excelent treatment and service. The breakfast is fabulous. They serve a full plentiful meal, complete with eggs to order.
The rooms are all gorgeous. All the decorative details add to the ambiance and home feeling.
The landscaping on the grounds are beutiful. It is such a relaxing atmosphere.
I look forward to going there for a quick weekend getaway.
This is a great place to spend your time. I highly recommend it.

Charming AND a bargain

by TripAdvisor Member StBoone

Carmine and Cheryl provide a pleasant atmosphere in a well updated Victorian mansion that sits alone on the outskirts of town. They provide an ample an tasty breakfast, opinions about area sites when asked, and keep out of the way otherwise. They also make it comfortable for the working single male seeking quiet.
kbs4470@yahoo.com

Great stay!

by TripAdvisor Member gdoden1

My wife and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary at the Cloran Mansion and we had a wonderful stay. Our hosts were warm and caring and served a great six course breakfast. The grounds were beautiful and included a screened-in gazebo and a waterfall/pond that was stocked with beautiful fish. Most rooms include a two person whirlpool. Our room was clean and very enjoyable. We will certainly stay there again. We highly recommend the Cloran Mansion!!

Gary and Lorraine Doden

Bed and Breakfast Inn virgins!

by TripAdvisor Member baambee

For our 37th anniversary we decided to try something different.... a stay in a bed and breakfast! We certainly picked the right one for our first time, the Cloran was wonderful! From the beauty of the building to the privacy of the little cottage to the warmth and friendliness of the owners it could NOT have been better! The mansion is just outside the bustle of downtown but close enough to get there in a few minutes. The grounds are lovely, the breakfasts delicious and varied, and the facility is very clean. I only wish we were staying for a week! P & R

Perfect Weekend Getaway!

by TripAdvisor Member emma5759

I took my mother for a mother/daughter weekend. Carmine and Cheryl at the Cloran Mansion were the perfect hosts. I will definately go back, this time with my husband!!

Bench StreetBench Street