Tierra Linda Bed and Breakfast

826 S Rocky Hill Rd, Galena, Illinois, 61036, United States

More about Tierra Linda Bed and Breakfast

Wonderful @ Tierra Linda

by TripAdvisor Member Clozano

We went to Tierra Linda because we really wanted to get away from our hectic life in Chicago for a few days and I must say Tierra Linda made us forget all of our troubles. Tierra Linda is the perfect place to go stay for a weekend to really enjoy nature and look at the star or the birds or simply play gameboards. The host Armando, was incredibly warm and friendly and as a matter of fact when we left for our long drive back to the city he sent us away with snacks and beverages. Tierra Linda is a dog friendly Bed & Breakfast so we took or Greyhound and Chihuhua and they loved it. They ran around and played in the beach the whole weekend.

We truly recommend Tierra Linda for anyone that needs to get away and reconnect with nature and the simple pleasures in life!

Chantel & Rich

wonderful!

by TripAdvisor Member ivydoodle

I wanted to write a review of Tierra Linda because it was the greatest vacation I have been on. My name is Ivy, I am a 2 year old Labradoodle dog. My mom took me and my sister Bella to Tierra Linda. Usually me and my sister hate vacations, since everyplace either does not allow dogs, or people are always putting us in our crates or telling us to settle down and be quiet.This place was the greatest. We had our own beach area and lake to swim in! There were woods to run around in and FIVE other friendly dogs to play with! Mom was having fun with a lot of nice people that came to stay and they had campfires everynight. The owner, Amando was very nice to us and despite all of us dogs...the house and outside area was very nice and clean! My mom and her friend said it was the best vacation THEY ever had, too...because they were able to relax in paradise and do nothing. I noticed they made reservations for our next trip when they left...Yayyy! Oh, and Galena is a nice town to visit, too..but we didn't see much of it since we were having so much fun at Tierra Linda!

our neatest midwest escape

by TripAdvisor Member RonRobynnBen

We have lived in Chicagoland over 25 years, and this is truly the best "get-away' experience we have found - especially this time - since we wanted some end-of-summer family time where we could include our newly acquired dog.

I can't imagine a more perfect place for our needs. Our dog was able to run free and have the time of his life. And we were treated to a lovely, relaxing atmosphere.

It's unique - maybe not for everyone. But you can't beat it if you like a blend of natural beauty, antique rural charm, and whimsical creativity.Where else can you find a spring-fed pond on a hilltop, with a sandy beach and albino catfish?

We were immersed in an exotic world of endless fascination. The scenery is magnificent, the room attractive, the mattress firm, the bed comfortable, and the breakfast yummy. Armando and his big "puppies" are great hosts.

Amazing time at TierraLInda

by TripAdvisor Member snowak86

My wife Jennifer, my dog, and I stayed there for 2 nights and had the best time that we have had in years. We loved the old look to the house and the 11 acres of land was great for hiking, boating, or just hanging out by the beach. I think our 2 favorite parts were the nightly bon fires and the lovely breakfasts in the morning. We might make this a yearly trip.

Scott Nowak

Experienced the Beautiful Earth

by TripAdvisor Member TurtleIslanders

This is just the antidote that you need to so-called modern life. Armando has created a natural paradise, artfully landscaped and teeming with wildlife, and a home environment of great serenity and warmth. (After staying at a couple of Galena mansions, we found the simplicity and genuine-ness a welcome change, with easy access to the town.) His hospitality was great, including unique breakfasts, drinks at dinner-time, and rich conversation around the bonfire at night. (We loved the puppies too.) My wife and I recommend Tierra Linda very highly.

Au Natural at Tierra Linda

by TripAdvisor Member cmccrac

Tierra Linda is a natural wonderland. The host, Armando, has let nature take its course in Tierra Linda, and the results are both relaxing and beautiful. During our stay at Tierra Linda we took walks on the extensive property, had bonfires at the beach, made smores, grilled ribs outside, rowed in the boat, and more.
La Luna room has a wonderful clawfoot tub which sits next to the window facing west. My favorite part of Tierra Linda was sitting in the tub while the sun set over the hills of Galena.
Armando has also created a very informative website with everything you need to know. We had a great time and would recommend this to anyone looking for a relaxing get away from the city. Although Tierra Linda does not have four star accomodations, its rustic charm is sure to please. You can also take your dog, which is the best part. Our Yorkie loved it!

Love the place, love Armando.

by TripAdvisor Member BeckysPetParade

I could not have asked for a better place to stay in Galena. Armando made me so comfortable. I love his dogs. This man knows how to make his guests feel at home. If you do not stay here, you are missing out on the time of your life. From the minute I stepped on the property, I knew I was at home. Great food and relaxation, who could ask for more.

Exactly what we needed

by TripAdvisor Member kflorian

We spent 4 days at Tierra Linda to celebrate our anniversary. The solitude was exactly what we wanted and needed. We will return many times in the coming years

To give you some context: We've been fortunate to have had the opportunity to stay at some of the finer hotels in the country. If you want 5-star accoutrements you should look elsewhere because Armando does not compete with those establishments.

If you want clean and comfortable accomodations and solitude, we think you will not find a finer locale than Armando's. We feel ourselves equally lucky to have discovered Armando and his establishment.

We look forward to many return visits.

K & A

Another Great Visit to Tierra LInda

by TripAdvisor Member bramblethedog

I wanted to take the children skiing and the best place in the Chicago area is Chestnut Mountain. Next was to find a place to stay where we could include my dog. We had stayed at Tierra Linda before and loved it. I called and booked the room.

We arrived the day before and the kids and dog were in heaven. My dog remembered Tierra Linda and was a member of the pack as soon as he left the car. My children put on their snow clothes and took off with Armando exploring the great outdoors. They hiked, helped cull the cat-tails and just played. I realized that whether it was summer or winter Tierra Linda was the right place to go.

We cooked our dinner and then curled up on the couch in front of the wood burning stove and watched a movie on the laptop. No complaints when it was time to go to bed. They were exhausted.

The next morning we ate our breakfast and were off to the slopes which were a couple of miles directly up the road. We skied all day while our dog stayed behind. He was happy to see us when we returned.

We packed up, ate dinner and reluctantly had to head back to Chicago. Everyone but me slept the entire way back. Another great stay at Tierra Linda.

Love this place!

by TripAdvisor Member nn1975

My husband and I have stayed at TierraLinda twice and we love it. Armando is an excellent host and his home is so peaceful and relaxing. We will definitely be back for another stay!

Comments