Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee

riorich55's Profile Photo

South End of Town Convenient to I-57

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 2, 2010

Kankakee, is not really a tourist destination, so I'm not sure how many "tourist" will be reading this review. But, if you find yourself either 1) in a winter snowstorm while drving north toward Chicago or south toward Memphis and are on Interstate 57 and are near Kankakee, 2) conducting business in the area or 3) visiting family in the area, this would be the place to stay in town.

My reason for staying here was #2, business in the area and even though Kankakee is only about 1 1/4 hours from my home, I really didn't need that daily commute especially when some of my mornings started as early as 5:00 a.m.

There is not much else around the facility, other then a Walmart and several other small shops and one Mexican restaurant. Most of the retail activity is about 8 miles away north on the Interstate toward Chicago.

Unique Quality: Staying for 10 nights as I did, I opted for the suite. The suite included a separate bedroom area (either 2 queens or 1 king), a separate living room area with sofa, chair and desk and chair. Both rooms had their own TV and although they haven't converted (as of December, 2010 to HDTV's the quality was fine and did have the Chicago TV stations as well as all your typical cable stations. A microwave and 3 shelf refrigerator were also included. Beds were comfortable and there was plenty of storage for my 10 day stay.

They do have a full service restaurant which serves breakfast and dinner (no lunch). A continental breakfast is free, but if you want something cooked (eggs, pancakes, etc) they are available for a price of $8.95. Dinners are from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. and room service is available.

They also have a business center, small pool, whirlpool and workout room available.

Nearby Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee

• Business Services
  • Suites
  • Free High Speed Internet

Kankakee Travel Forum

Need advice about Kankakee, Illinois? Visit the Travel Forum for Kankakee and ask our Answer Gurus.

Kankakee Travel Guide