77 West Buckley Rd., Libertyville, Illinois, 60048, United States
HIExpress.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Libertyville

Celebrating Dee's Birthday, July 20, 2007Celebrating Dee's Birthday, July 20, 2007

Mickey in the Outdoor Eating Area at 545 NorthMickey in the Outdoor Eating Area at 545 North

Whatcha got Ms Lori?Whatcha got Ms Lori?

Dee at her computerDee at her computer

Travel Tips for Libertyville

Libertyville's Rich History

by deecat

The village of Libertyville is located in Lake County, Illinois north of Chicago. Lake County and Libertyville have rich pasts. Old mission records as early as 1650 confirm that French traders were already in the region doing a lucrative fur business with the Indians. There were tribal legends about the health-giving qualities of the many springs that can be found along the Des Plaines River, which then attracted the French explorer SIEUR DE LASALLE to the lovely groves which lie west of the river. In 1836 federal treaties said that the Indian tribes possessed the Northwest Territory of which Libertyville was a part. As early as 1834, pioneers came to the area because of the good soil, the wooded groves, the abundant water supply, and the friendly Indians. These pioneers migrated along the Indian trail (which followed the Des Plaines River) north of the fast-growing Chicago.
The Englishman, George Vardin, was the first white man to build his log cabin in the oasis of trees (soon to be called Vardin's Grove). He remained for one year, but he did leave a new community that later would become LIBERTYVILLE. In 1836, during the Independence Day celebration, area residents voted to call their town Independence Grove. Once a post office was granted, they called it Libertyville because Independence Grove post office already existed. When Libertyville was made into the county seat, its name was changed to Burlington, which lasted until the county seat was moved to what is now Waukegan. At that time, the Village reclaimed the name Libertyville.
Then, discovery of large gravel beds along the river in Libertyville Township led to the building of "all weather" gravel roads. In 1880, the Chicago, Milwaukee and St. Paul Railroad (now the Milwaukee Road) came to Libertyville which became a "boon" to the farmers for shipping and trade. Today in Libertyville, the names of early settlers grace parks, streets, lakes, schools, and public buildings. It's the Libertyville Historical Society that keeps the rich history of this great village safe for future generations

Nicest little village near my suburban hometown

by londonlover

Libertyville is a small village of 20,000 with a historic Main Street (actually Route 21, otherwise known as Milwaukee Avenue), one of the few truly charming main streets left in suburban America. Its small-town charm, cute gift shops, and laidback yet vibrant atmosphere make it one of my favorite hang-out spots in Lake County. Libertyville is about an hour north of downtown Chicago.

I love the pride that Libertyville residents obviously take in their village...it is well-kept, safe, decorated nicely during the holidays, and offers a great variety of activities throughout the year.

I will add more to this page as time allows!

"Additional resources on Libertyville"

http://www.libertyville.com/ -- the village's official website

http://www.libertyville-realestate.com/ -- for those interested in moving to Libertyville

http://www.co.lake.il.us/about/communities/libertyville.asp -- Lake County's website detailing the facts about Libertyville

CHRISTMAS IN LIBERTYVILLE WITH GREAT FRIENDS 1

by Waalewiener

"LETS PARTYYYYY, WELL JUST A DRINK WILL DO"

Part of this wonderful Christmas Chicago get together included a nice vist to Deecat and her husband Allan in Libertyville
Allan not being very much into VT as Dee says ,well I can tell you Allan was a perfect host and a great guy to talk to .
I'll let the pictures tell the story .
Dee & Allan Lori & I had a great time during our visit ,thanks you for having us at your wonderful home .
The dinner at the Olive Garden also was great .
We are starting to like Chicago and area quite a bit ,Chicago was beautiful as well is Milwaukee was also very very nice .
We'll have to do it again sometime eh .

Love & Huggsss

My Dahlink Kit Kat ,what a wonderful gift you gave us there .
I will rest my mouse, wrist, arm, on that picture forever .

Wonders of Winters in Libertyville

by deecat

"The Scene Across The Way...Tot Lot"

This winter wonderland scene was taken in December of 2004, when we had our second snowfall of the season. This is the Tot Lot on our street, and we can see it from our front porch, the extra bedroom windows, or the small octogon window on the stair landing.

"The Garden is Sleeping..."

This photo depicts my back garden which is tucked in for the winter with a blanket of white.

"From Green to Blazing Red to Crystal White"

This photograph was taken about 6:30 am in December, 2004. It is of the Berm in my front yard. These bushes were just so rusty red about two weeks ago, and now, they are brilliantly glazed with white crystals.

"Brilliant White Lights, Red Flowers, Green Tree"

Our small front porch looks so festive with the small white lights, the Green tree with red and gold decorations and more white lights.
The white spots that you see are the snow hitting the lens; it was snowing the night I slipped outside to take this shot.

"Just As Festive Indoors!"

Click to see more clearly, please.

This is a partial scene of our Christmas tree, the Baker's Rack with Snowmen, my outdoor curved plant rack with Christmas items, and my year-around indoor tree also decorated for the holidays.

"A Special Gift From Chris"

This beautiful Victorian Tree was done by my multi-talented neighbor, Chris. She has such an eye for beauty. Of course, it has lights and sits on my entrance table...a welcoming sight for visitors.

"In Memory of My Mother & Father"

About twenty five years ago, my parents made for each of their four children, a wood Christmas tree with small holes to string lights. My dad made the wooden tree; my mother selected jewels from my Grandmother's jewelry box to represent the decorations. They mounted the tree on a velvet cloth that matched my decor (a different color for each child, depening on the decor), and then they framed it.
It's my most special Christmas decoration, especially since both of my parents have passed away.
The lights flash at random, reminding me of their bright spirits.

""Oh, Christmas Tree, Oh, Christmas Tree"!"

This is a full view of our Christmas Tree for 2004. I personally think that it is beautiful.

Comments