Inselhaus Bed & Breakfast

538 North Randolph Street, Macomb, Illinois, 61455, United States

More about Macomb

Southern Fans from CarbondaleSouthern Fans from Carbondale

Southern Illinois Football Team Celebrate VictorySouthern Illinois Football Team Celebrate Victory

Macomb, IllinoisMacomb, Illinois

Sherman Hall SignSherman Hall Sign

Travel Tips for Macomb

Great College Football Game

by deecat

It was a beautiful fall day when Allan and I attended a college football game at Western Illinois University. We were there because Western was playing Southern Illinois University where both Allan and I graduated. We are loyal alumni, and since I was a cheerleader at Southern, seeing Southern play brings back grand memories.

Allan ordered the tickets from the website for the University, and we took two days to enjoy the area. Both Southern [7-1] and Western [6-3] had good teams so we knew it would be a good game....and it certainly was!

We enjoyed roaming the campus of Western Illinois University; we also found the Student Center a great place to eat and use free computers; and we surely loved the outcome of the football game.

Western Illinois University was ahead during most of the game. I had even said to Allan that I was not impressed with Southern's team during the first half of the game. However, SIU came alive in the second half of the game, and at the last minute were able to pull off a win [barely] of 10 points to 9 points.
Photographs:

1. Southern Illinois University team celebrating their victory
2. Western Illinois University Marching Band entertained us During the Half Time
3. Dee [deecat] sitting in the reserved seats waiting for the fans to come [note the Southern Saluki hat]
4. A bronze statue of a "hurdler" on the track team located at the football/track stadium
5. A bus load of loyal fans had come from Carbondale to cheer on the team

Macomb Memories

by emilesc

My brother went to college here, at Western Illinois University. And I rode on the back of a motorcycle for the first time in my life (my brother's idea, not mine). And I screamed my head off the entire time.

There's not much more to say about Macomb, Illinois.

Comments