Holiday Inn Select Chicago Naperville

More about Holiday Inn Select Chicago Naperville

Very, Very disappointing hotel with unhelpful staff!! STAY ELSE WHERE

by TripAdvisor Member applestrudel

Very, Very disappointing hotel with unhelpful staff!! STAY ELSE WHERE

Just returned back from a three night stay at this hotel and have to say I was extremely disappointed and considering this is a select hotel found the standards and service to be very poor...

On checking into the hotel, the receptionist was unhelpful, something I came across a couple of times during our stay. Surprisingly enough on checking out this was the only hotel where we were not asked if we had had a good stay, I wonder why!!!

(Three nights previously we stayed in a Wingate hotel which is more of a budget hotel) and I can honestly say that we had a far more superior room and level of service there than here at the Holiday Inn Select, which was nearly double the price.

The rooms are very small and drab, our bed cover had a huge cigarette burn straight through the centre and on arrival our bathroom had spilt coffee still over the sink. The toilet was constantly getting blocked (on one occasion flooded the whole of the bathroom).

The hotel offers a courtesy bus service into Downtown Naperville which I thought was an excellent bonus, I caught the bus to Naperville (after I could eventually prise the information from the man behind reception with regards to how the service operated etc) but even though I had prebooked my return journey, after a wait of 30 minutes after the arranged collection time, I had to ring up reception as the driver had forgotten to collect me. (On the plus side the return driver was very jolly and chatty and was the friendliest member of staff I had come across during the stay).

Good points about this hotel – Large Car Park & Free wireless Internet. I hate to say it but that is the only couple of good points I can think of, my advise would be to stay elsewhere, do not waste your money on the Holiday Inn Select!!!

A very disappointing Hotel, I will not be returning and will try another hotel in the area instead, bearing in mind this is one of the chains select hotels, it has certainly put be off using the Holiday Inn chain for my future travels.

Friendly staff, good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member wander_wonderland

I stayed here on business but had some free time to explore Naperville and downtown Chicago. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle bus that will drop you off anywhere within about 5 miles, train station, downtown Naperville, shops, you name it. The shuttle bus drivers were really helpful, offering advice and in some cases going well out of their way to take us to see things we'd otherwise not get to see, despite the snow and freezing conditions. The hotel itself was very good for the price, the pool and gym were not particularly large, but as I was the only one using it, was more than adequate. My only 2 criticisms wpuld be that the hotel restaurant seemed to be closed, (probably due to the hotel being fairly empty), and the rooms were cleaned at about 8:30 no matter if I was going to work or having a lie in! I guess I shouldn't be so lazy and get out there building snowmen....

Ordinary Business hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Kingmaker

This is a perfectly serviceable but undistinguished middle of the road hotel. Some of the rooms have been refurbed with better bathrooms. The older ones are tired and faded. The gym is a joke but the pool is fine. The food is mediocre. I found the staff pleasant. Just plain ordinary.

Friendliest Hotel in Naperville

by TripAdvisor Member TexasSpirit

I have never been treated more cordially by a staff of the hotel. This team really cares about you comfort from the time you enter the doors until you leave. It gave me a sense of belonging. I felt like a VIP during my entire stay.

I don’t usually stay at Holiday Inn; I was here for a conference. Many of the attendees shared my enthusiasm for this hotel and the caring staff.

Emily in the concierge lounge was so helpful. I received a call asking to stop by for breakfast and cocktails. I stopped for coffee because all of our meals were included in the conference. The food was incredible and service was over the top. At these meeting we usually get rubber chicken, not at this very special hotel in Naperville.

I thought this was worth sharing. I will definitely return and recommend it to everyone I see.

Absolutely AWESOME Service Always

by TripAdvisor Member GPCgirl

Nathan, Leslie and the gang are terrific to work with. I have booked a number of meetings at this facility and every single one of them were a success with outstanding personal service. I recommend this hotel to everyone. They deserve to be commended on their impeccable attention to detail and their true sincerety toward their guests and clients. Thanks Nathan and Leslie for all you do every day!

Great Hotel in Naperville, IL

by TripAdvisor Member adribec

My husband and I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Select in Naperville. We stayed there several years ago and expected a usual Holiday Inn experience.

We were pleasantly surprised to see that things had changed for the better. The staff were all very accomodating and pleasant. One of the desk agents loaned me her personal umbrella on a typical rainy Spring day in Chicago. She went above and beyond in my book!!!

The room was spacious, tastefully decorated, had all the comforts of home and was immaculate. This was much more than I expected from a Holiday Inn!!!

Overall a great experience! The place to stay if your travels take you to Naperville, IL. Great location too!

Great Place to hold meetings

by TripAdvisor Member stevtj

We had our recent team meeting here. The meeting room was great. All AV equipment worked flawlessly. Wireless and wired internet connectivity was fantastic.

The lunch was absolutely wonderful, great display. Snacks and beverages were delivered promptly at start of breaks.

The sales/catering staff were wonderful to work with. Barb, you were fantastic, very helpful with all of my last minute changes.

Great Service Friendly People

by TripAdvisor Member SunbeamChicago

This is a great all round hotel. I was their on business but would have enjoyed it if I had been on vacation. The hotel is great for conferences and for business travel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They treat you as though you are family. I don’t think I have ever felt so much at home in a hotel.

The Village of Naperville is very quaint and has good shopping. It is a great place to walk around and unwind after a hard day. The hotel offers complimentary shuttle to the Village.

I will recommend this to our travel club for ladies retreats.

Thank you to the entire staff for a very welcoming experience.

Superior Service, Staff and Facility

by TripAdvisor Member RK08

We hosted a function for over 250 people at the facility with many people and VIP's spending the weekend at the facility. All of the staff from the planning stages to execution were professional and went above and beyond the call of duty. We had some last minute additions (over 14 people) to our formal dinner as we were sitting down to start. The catering staff responded calmly and without hesitation made the changes necessary to accommodate the extra people. The food and service was great. Our rooms were wonderful especially for the value. I would certainly plan another event at this location and especially if I can work with their superior staff again.

Comments